Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #1  
    Choorp has started working on DW+ again an has release a beta so there's no point in working on Eye Of Horus anymore. Therefore, it's discontinued and I urge all current users to upgrade to Choorp's new DW+.

So I decided to fork Dash Weather+ because I missed the app and you [guys probably also miss it. Choorp made it a really beautiful app and I'm gonna continue the work he did. The API key is provided in the app and I'm paying for unlimited calls so no need to worry about that and no hassle to register and insert your own (limited) key!

What the heck is Eye Of Horus?
    It's a beautiful weather app written in Enyo2. It provides the current weather, the hourly weather and the daily weather. Furthermore, it contains 3 themes to personalize it and you can choose between 12 hour/24 hour time and Imperial or Metric units. Last but not least it contains a widget in the notification area (and on the lock screen) for a quick glance.

What devices are supported?
    At least the HP Touchpad (with LunaCE) and the HP Pre 3. Comments from users have proven that it also works fine on the Pre 2 with webOS 2.1.x and 2.2.x and on the Pre+ with webOS 2.1.x. I'm not sure about other devices so let me know in the comments if it works on other Pre's/the Pixi as well and I'll add it to this list.

DOWNLOAD
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsvu3qe373..._1.0.0_all.ipk

Changelog:
    -Some code clean-up and code logic fixes
    -Added ability to relaunch the Eye Of Horus *app* when tapping status text in widget (you can set this setting in the settings panel)
    -Added daily high and low to widget
    -Improved light and dark themes a bit
    -Added support for auto launching widget

Thanks dkirker for the code for some of these additions!

-Initial release as "Eye Of Horus"

Known issues:
    -Widget is currently broken on LunaCE in this initial release; works fine without LunaCE (or at least on webOS phones)

Source code? Check.
    (you may also help out if you want, everyone can contribute!)
    https://github.com/Vistaus/eye-of-horus
    Last edited by Vistaus; 11/30/2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Awesome! Thanks for doing this!
    Vistaus likes this.
    legend, works really well, cheers for that.

any way we can change from F to Celcius, also like how we can swipe left/right or press the buttons down at the bottom.

cant wait for some widget action like the older/original version(s).

btw i think when i saw the app waiting for data when id launched it before activating wifi, at the top/right the app still refers to itsself as dashweather+ when its waiting for data.

looking good tho +1
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Vistaus likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks all!

You can swipe from left to right to get the settings pane. There you can change the units from Imperial to Metric (Metric will give you Celsius).

I'll look into the DW+ text, thanks for noticing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Thanks all!

You can swipe from left to right to get the settings pane. There you can change the units from Imperial to Metric (Metric will give you Celsius).

I'll look into the DW+ text, thanks for noticing!
    ah perfect, didnt realise i could swipe left again on the "current" page, n1, i see what i need now
    Vistaus likes this.
    For the life of me I can't get it to populate with data. Help? It looks great though!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    For the life of me I can't get it to populate with data. Help? It looks great though!
    is your gps on or at least your google geolocation services on on the phone?
    Alan Morford likes this.
    I'm on my WiFi only Touchpad. I just found the google location setting and enabled background data collection. Website setting is set to always ask. Took a bit but it finally popped up. Except its one town over. Can I force it use my city?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Neat! Now I don't need to worry about the webOS part of Dash Weather+. Saves me some effort.
    HelloNNNewman and Vistaus like this.
    Any tips on getting the widget to populate?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Any tips on getting the widget to populate?
    I vaguely remember something being a bit broken in the widget code. I was going to take a look at it months ago, but I guess I never got around to it. lol
    Widget populates for me on Pre 3. (Not thoroughly tested.)

Although I notice
    1) It looks like more than "Currently" is available, but I can't seem to interact with it to see anything else.
    2) Once I close the app, I have to dismiss the widget in order to be able to reopen the App.

Nice work!
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    The widget may behave strangely on webOS phones since it was designed only for the Touchpad.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    I noticed that too. If the widget is open the app can't be launched on tp too. Haven't tried it on my Pres but I for sure can't get the widget to populate on tp.
    Follow me on Twitter
    App confirmed working on Pre2, 2.1.
    Looks great, works great!

Nice job
    Vistaus likes this.
    It works fine on pre2 with 2.2.4 as well. The dashboard on TP 3.0.5 doesn't show any info at least on LunaCE but it is the full size and not the small default size. But this is mentioned in op's post.
    The other thing that I noticed different form dashwather is that it doesn't update when you expand the notifications.
    The only thing missing form this app is some type of radar and a way to bring up the full page up from the dashboard/widget. I've looked at Forcast.io APIs and they don't have anything about that and they have nice one on their website.
    The original had a feature to fire up some weather apps and that is handy and if some type of radar is added it'll cover all the bases
    when/if the widget does work it would be nice if it could autorun on startup, the method i used on the original weather app wont work in that way.
    Choorp likes this.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks all!

I'm definitely going to try and fix the widget on the TP, that's for sure!
    As for the not opening the app when tapping the widget: that's going on the to-do list as well.
    I'll also take a look at the widget on the Pre 3 but the widget is designed for the TP and not the Pre 3 so I may or may not improve it on the Pre 3.
    Installs and runs on my Pre+ with 2.1.0. Widget even works. Thanks to its crappy GPS though it gives me a city about 6 hours driving time from here. Still can't open the app once the widget is running though.

Installed fine on my Pixi+ with 1.4.5.1 but won't load. Card comes up and flashes but doesn't ever complete. I tried a Luna restart and a device restart but they both had the same result.
    Follow me on Twitter
  20.    #20  
    Thanks for the confirmation on 2.1.0

I can't fix the issue for 1.4.5 though (I don't have an old Pre and no knowledge of that old version either). Maybe someone else can.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast