Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    Great looking app! I'm on a Veer running 2.1.2 and things seem pretty smooth. All the screens are populating with data. The only issue I'm having is when I change the temperature from F to C the change doesn't seem to take. Same thing with the theme. The icon pack and hour changes do work for me though. Thanks again for a great app!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Nice app. Up and running on a VZ Pre 2 doctored with the super Verizon 2.2.4. Accurate location popped up quick, but I have VZ Navigator installed, and GPS and Google Services are always kept on. Weather data populated fast.
    My only problem is that I can't access the preference screen. Nothing happens when I swipe right. I typically keep advanced gestures off, but I tried to access preferences with them on (just in case.) No luck so far. Reboot didn't help, Never mind, I was swiping the gesture area instead of the screen. Boom! There are the settings.

Ohh... and the widget works fine too.

Thanks for the app. Nice work.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation on 2.1.0

I can't fix the issue for 1.4.5 though (I don't have an old Pre and no knowledge of that old version either). Maybe someone else can.
    I'm not a dev but isn't that what the emulator is for? Not trying to be rude, I am honestly saying I thought that's what the emulator is for.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Choorp likes this.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    I'm not a dev but isn't that what the emulator is for? Not trying to be rude, I am honestly saying I thought that's what the emulator is for.
    Yes, but I currently have no computer that's capable of virtual machines (and I won't have for at least the next 6 months). So 1.4.5 is a no-go for now.
  5.    #25  
    Version 1.0.0 is released with some requested features!

DOWNLOAD
    --------------------------------------------
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsvu3qe373..._1.0.0_all.ipk

Changelog:
    -Some code clean-up and code logic fixes
    -Updated the included submodules (Enyo and Onyx and stuff) to the latest upstream version; performance of Eye Of Horus is slightly improved
    -Added ability to relaunch the Eye Of Horus *app* when tapping status text in widget (you can set this setting in the settings panel?)
    -Added daily high and low to widget
    -Improved light and dark themes a bit
    -Added support for auto launching widget (you can set this setting in the settings panel)
    -Some other little cleanups and under-the-hood fixes I can't seem quite able to remember right now lol

TODO
    ------------------------------------
    -Priority fix for the next version (1.5.0): find out why the widget is broken on LunaCE.
    -Add C and F to make it clearer what Imperial and Metric is. I actually did this for 1.0.0 but due to some heavy code changes I accidentally removed it so that'll be in the next version (1.5.0).
    Last edited by Vistaus; 09/15/2013 at 06:05 PM.
    geekpeter likes this.

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:
    -Updated the included submodules (Enyo and Onyx and stuff) to the latest upstream version; performance of Eye Of Horus is slightly improved
    -Added ability to relaunch the Eye Of Horus *app* when tapping status text in widget (you can set this setting in the settings panel?)
    -Added support for auto launching widget (you can set this setting in the settings panel)
    -Some other little cleanups and under-the-hood fixes I can't seem quite able to remember right now lol

TODO
    -Priority fix for the next version (1.5.0): find out why the widget is broken on LunaCE.
    -Add C and F to make it clearer what Imperial and Metric is. I actually did this for 1.0.0 but due to some heavy code changes I accidentally removed it so that'll be in the next version (1.5.0).
    Seems like the new version broke whatever was working on the phones at least for me on 2.2.4 on pre2. TP seems to behave the same.
    On the phone the dashboard/widget is just white.

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

TODO
    One recommendation for using my additions from https://github.com/dkirker/dash-weather-plus : Please use git cherry-pick. I do believe that pulls across the meta-data too. So it will preserve the original commit messages and such.
    Last edited by dkirker; 09/16/2013 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Fix link parsing error.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Choorp and baldric like this.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Seems like the new version broke whatever was working on the phones at least for me on 2.2.4 on pre2. TP seems to behave the same.
    You mean the app or just the widget?
    App works on Pre 3 2.2.4 minus the imperial identifiers but the widget displays a blank white bar only.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    App works on Pre 3 2.2.4 minus the imperial identifiers but the widget displays a blank white bar only.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'll do a fresh install of Eye Of Horus 1.0.0 on my Pre 3 with 2.2.4 and see if I can reproduce and/or fix it.

Edit: you're right. I've installed a fresh install of Eye Of Horus on my Pre 3 and the widget is broken. I'll fix it ASAP.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 09/16/2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    One recommendation for using my additions from https://github.com/dkirker/dash-weather-plus : Please use git cherry-pick. I do believe that pulls across the meta-data too. So it will preserve the original commit messages and such.
    Oh neat. I didn't know about this, but thanks for pointing it out! It'll come in handy.
    Google location services don't work in Southern Hemisphere,(lat = 402, long = correct) can you add feature to manually enter your location, same as dash weather
    Choorp likes this.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Google location services don't work in Southern Hemisphere,(lat = 402, long = correct) can you add feature to manually enter your location, same as dash weather
    I was planning that feature indeed. Thanks for pointing out, it's officially on the to-do list now!
    I have to hand it out to Vistaus, great application you got there with the " Eye of Chorus" for the TouchPad. Can I make a small suggestion to your application, if you ever decide to modify it to smaller devices like the Veer or a Palm Pre 3. Since, mostly the application is based upon a larger device like the TouchPad and its not for WebOS phones....I was going to suggest changing the design a little to make it more streamlined for WebOS Phones.

There is an application on Windows Phone named "Umbrella"' who has a cool design, which you could copy a bit of it to add to the application for WebOS phones like the Veer or Pre 3. It makes everything easier to read on the smaller screens phones and it gives information to the user without much fumbling around settings.

What do you think ? Nice design heh ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Actually, the app was designed for phones. That's why it looks like crap on devices with larger screens... lol.
  16.    #36  
    Yeah, I know about the scaling issue. I'm gonna split it up b/w a Touchpad version and Phone version for now and make 'em scale right.
    ive noticed on the "Currently" page, that if i have my units set to metric for C, the "Your Week" text giving your a rundown of the week shows forcast info in Imperial/F as opposed to your saved preference.

no idea if thats a fixable thing on the apps end or if thats the fault of the server/info providers end.

working fine apart from the widget ofc tho on my pre3, id only tried on touchpad b4hand.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  18.    #38  
    Yeah, that was also an issue in the original (DW+). It's an issue at the host so I can't fix that (unfortunately because I also use metric).

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    fyi: just installed this and experienced these issues:
    - widget displays blank grey box
    - widget will launch multiple instances (both blank)
    - cannot reopen app unless i close widget first, by tapping widget then swiping blank grey box to the right.

i couldn't tell if the post above indicated this was still on the to-do list to fix, or has since been determined to be unfixable.

otherwise, looks nice.

this is on a wifi TP running 3.0.5 with google location svcs enabled.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    fyi: just installed this and experienced these issues:
    - widget displays blank grey box
    - widget will launch multiple instances (both blank)
    - cannot reopen app unless i close widget first, by tapping widget then swiping blank grey box to the right.

i couldn't tell if the post above indicated this was still on the to-do list to fix, or has since been determined to be unfixable.

otherwise, looks nice.

this is on a wifi TP running 3.0.5 with google location svcs enabled.
    May I suggest Dash Weather+?
    creepingmee and Vistaus like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast