Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    I'm interested in a cronjob creation app for webOS. Does it exist? A simple UI with minute, hour, day, month, day-of-week, and the command to execute. Could also have spots for email to be notified to and a place to name an error log file and location. Possible integration into Internalz Pro? I'm happy to donate.

Mods, I tried to put this in the homebrew forum but I'm not a dev so I got the "no no no" message. I then thought I'd put it in the app request thread but this is most likely a homebrew app and HP would laugh at adding it to the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    I'm interested in a cronjob creation app for webOS. Does it exist? A simple UI with minute, hour, day, month, day-of-week, and the command to execute. Could also have spots for email to be notified to and a place to name an error log file and location. Possible integration into Internalz Pro? I'm happy to donate.

Mods, I tried to put this in the homebrew forum but I'm not a dev so I got the "no no no" message. I then thought I'd put it in the app request thread but this is most likely a homebrew app and HP would laugh at adding it to the catalog.
    From what i've heard from some Homebrew devs, cron under webOS has been modified in some way, that they were not able to use it. However, webOS provides the Alarms API for its apps, so that is an option in many cases.

This could have been resolved already, i don't know
    I was able to get the optware cron working just fine. I had to use some convoluted method to make it start and stay running. I'll post the scripts later. I created a (custom) simple init script and the script starts unlike an upstart job... :S

I do believe that cron does not exist under webOS 2.2.*.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Remy X likes this.
    I use ShedMyPhone to have my Weather and other apps launched in the morning on my 2.2.4 device. Perhaps if combined with wterm as app and the right launching parameter an cmdline-command could be issued in cron manner.

Perhaps RyanHope (PuffTheMagic) could provide us the correct launch parameters, as they are sadly not listed here: Cross-App Launching - WebOS101
    this not something modeswitcher could in part assist with?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    ModeSwitcher can do this.

Also, no need to include wterm for any of it.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.