Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
  1.    #1  
    Dropbox has announced to shut down version 1 of their API on September 28th, 2017. That means this app will likely stop working at that point. Sorry.
    Update 2017-10-03: I got extended access to APIv1 courtesy of Dropbox until end of the year, so it will work fine for now. I intend to release an update prior to the final APIv1 shutdown.

========

So, after six weeks HP finally approved my Dropbox app yesterday, which is based on the interface of FTPit!:

Explorer for Dropbox provides access to your Dropbox files and lets you manage them. It also includes a full-featured file manager for your local files.

Features:
    three panel interface: Dropbox files, local files and queue of downloads/uploads
    • create, delete, move, copy and rename files and folders on your Dropbox and mobile device
    • download and upload files or even whole folders
    built-in text editor for editing files
    • use the smart multi-select feature to perform actions with multiple files/folders
    • copy the URL of a Dropbox file to share it with somebody
    • sort the file list by name, type, size or modification date
    • power scroll gesture to reach the top/bottom of a file list
    • open local/downloaded files with their associated app

Explorer for Dropbox is available for free in Preware, just search for "Dropbox". Update to the latest version of Preware if you can't find it.
    Alternatively download the .ipk here and install it using WebOS Quick Install or Preware (sha256: 8d0150db1810ec70a94c95ebfc782edd040fdef672dd08b8a868692af27f01df).

Some screenshots:

Changelog
    v1.0.0 (submitted 2013-07-13, approved 2013-08-26): Initial release
    v1.0.1 (submitted 2014-02-10): Fixed Dropbox authentication (due to server-side change). sha256: b05b96847e3e31f9c5dc4c0e44d41db809317196f4a95d836163d8c0da9348e6
    v1.0.3 (submitted 2017-08-09): Changed Dropbox authentication method since the Dropbox website does not work anymore on webOS browsers. You will need an external browser to complete authentication. sha256: 8d0150db1810ec70a94c95ebfc782edd040fdef672dd08b8a868692af27f01df
    Last edited by pcworld; 10/02/2017 at 09:52 PM. Reason: released v1.0.3
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    So, after six weeks HP finally approved my Dropbox app yesterday, which is based on the interface of FTPit!:

Explorer for Dropbox provides access to your Dropbox files and lets you manage them. It also includes a full-featured file manager for your local files.

Features:
    three panel interface: Dropbox files, local files and queue of downloads/uploads
    create, delete, move, copy and rename files and folders on your Dropbox and mobile device
    download and upload files or even whole folders
    built-in text editor for editing files
    use the smart multi-select feature to perform actions with multiple files/folders
    copy the URL of a Dropbox file to share it with somebody
    sort the file list by name, type, size or modification date
    power scroll gesture to reach the top/bottom of a file list
    open local/downloaded files with their associated app
    Your app looks really great!
    My only problem is, that I can't buy it from the App Catalog since I live outside the US.
    Can I somehow buy it with Paypal or with donation?

Martin :-)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    Your app looks really great!
    My only problem is, that I can't buy it from the App Catalog since I live outside the US.
    Can I somehow buy it with Paypal or with donation?
    Hi Martin, please e-mail me
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Hi Martin, please e-mail me
    Done!

:-)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Explorer is working beautifully on my Pre3!
    Thanks Sam!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    bought.
    looks good on Pre2

Will there be support for phones local explorer for root / and not only /media/internal/ (perhaps via preware)?

-
    Last edited by gizmo21; 08/26/2013 at 02:25 AM.
    Bought. Thank you for continuing to support webOS with quality apps!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Bought. Good to see someone working on webos devices again
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Bought. Thank you.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Bought, nice work, thank you!
    Purchased it, thanks for supporting webOS Nice to see that after I purchased it for my TouchPad that it was free for my Pre 3
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 08/26/2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: adding
    cbosdell likes this.
    Just bought it! Thanks for supporting us. One minor feature request, I really liked the thumbnails of pics in dropboxify. Im not sure which pic I want to download if I don't have thumbs. Any chance to implement this?

Thanks again!!
    Bought, Thank You for your continued support for WebOS.
    Thanks for the continuing development.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Want to buy this, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho46 View Post
    Want to buy this, how?
    It's on the App Catalog...

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    It's on the App Catalog...
    Im outside the US, it doesnt appear on mine...
    Ive tried to contact the developer but with no luck, just have to wait i think.
    Thx from The Netherlands (UK activation). Keep up the good work!
  19. vgg
    Just bought it. Many thanks - I'd already patched dropboxify as outlined elsewhere in the forums and that works great, but I wanted to show support for our developers so thanks also for continuing to support us.

cheers

v2
  20.    #20  
    Thanks all for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Will there be support for phones local explorer for root / and not only /media/internal/ (perhaps via preware)?
    I'll have a look at it, if it's easily possible, I'll post some instructions here, but probably not officially supported as part of the app.

Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    One minor feature request, I really liked the thumbnails of pics in dropboxify. Im not sure which pic I want to download if I don't have thumbs. Any chance to implement this?
    It would be very difficult to implement in a proper way. To add a "symbol" view which also displays thumbnails of image files (both local and remote files), with a working context menu and multi-select, while retaining the current rendering and scrolling performance, especially on very large folders, would take much effort. Mojo is not exactly very flexible in this regard; to make the file manager what it is now, I had to write many hacks (some of them major).
    I could put together a separate, hackish thumbnail view (accessible by an option "view thumbnails of images in this folder"), even with a context menu, but it just wouldn't match up with the quality of the rest of the file manager, and I just don't like half-baked implementations.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho46 View Post
    Im outside the US, it doesnt appear on mine...
    Ive tried to contact the developer but with no luck, just have to wait i think.
    Yeah, sorry, I'm sometimes not the fastest in responding, but I'll take care of that now.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast