Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalibu View Post
    Hi, does anyone have the .ipk file for this app? I missed the November deadline to convert my apps, and then my pre locked me out last night..

It's such a great app, I'd love to have it back
    It's in the first post

http://pcworldsoftware.kilu.net/files/webos/ here, or you can add the feed (still first post)
    where can I contribute again ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    It's in the first post

Index of /files/webos here, or you can add the feed (still first post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalibu View Post
    Hi, does anyone have the .ipk file for this app? I missed the November deadline to convert my apps, and then my pre locked me out last night..

It's such a great app, I'd love to have it back
    Didn't try the feed, but I had trouble downloading this. Maybe it was low-bandwidth or the server was down, but it did work eventually, so it might take a few tries.

http://pcworldsoftware.kilu.net/file..._1.0.1_all.ipk
    Awesome, thanks for the point out and link mazzinia and preemptive!
    Can anyone confirm this app to be working?

I can get to the authorization screen, but after log in I just get a blank browser screen (used to be taken to the actual authorization screen).

Veer on 2.1
    It is working on my Pre2 2.2.4, which I already signed in months ago. I have not installed it on any new devices yet, so I can't say if something has changed with the login. I'll install it on my Veer and report back. Edit: yep, I get the same blank page after logging in on my Veer.

Edit 2: You know what? I closed the app and tried again, and it worked. The sign in page loaded very slowly that time, and I pressed enter a few times thinking I had already submitted the form (short attention span) and after a while I saw the login page with a bunch of errors because I had not entered anything. I entered my login info again and pressed enter, and the confirmation screen came up that time. I tapped whatever the confirmation button was, and then the app loaded my dropbox listing.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/14/2015 at 12:07 AM.
    OK.....so I just tried it again. Logged in no problem.
    The only difference is, I am on my data connection in lieu of wifi.

On wifi (work or home), I would log in and it would never go to the second page....

Think there is anything to that?

Either way, I now have access to all of my webOS goodies!
    Hope this app doesn't see its demise any time soon.
    after entering the user name and password I get blank page. someone else happens?

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    after entering the user name and password I get blank page. someone else happens?

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    OK, I can relate here.

Getting to the authentication page is a PAIN on my Veer.

It only actually loads the webpage about one-out-of-five tries. Even when it does, and I hit "allow", it doesn't revert back to the actual app.

I believe that clearing browser data helps, as well as having the login page zoomed in before actually tapping the login button.

No idea as to why this doesn't work as it should, but I would keep trying it over and over until the auth page finally loads.

Not the best solution....but it works for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    thanks I 'll try
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    OK, I can relate here.

Getting to the authentication page is a PAIN on my Veer.

It only actually loads the webpage about one-out-of-five tries. Even when it does, and I hit "allow", it doesn't revert back to the actual app.

I believe that clearing browser data helps, as well as having the login page zoomed in before actually tapping the login button.

No idea as to why this doesn't work as it should, but I would keep trying it over and over until the auth page finally loads.

Not the best solution....but it works for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

I've tried and I can not get into dropbox . someone could repair
    I cant't log anymore in Explorer for Dropbox v.1.0.1 and Tapnote 1.7.0. after doctoring my Pre 3 webOS 2.2.4. Nothing happens after authentification, error message "incompatible browser". Any help ? Thanks a lot.
    Did you do the back up of tokens thing? I'm not saying it will solve the problem, but I think the tokens are what allow you to stay logged in (or maybe I just confuse them with Cookies).

It maybe that the webOS browser is now off the supported list, but only stops working when you try to log in again - or maybe just being dropped from the list means it's now broken.
  14.    #94  
    Great to hear someone is still using one of my apps.
    Indeed it seems Dropbox's login page doesn't work anymore on webOS browsers (tried it on 2.2.4 and 3.0.5). However I don't even get as far as to an error message, while I can see the login page and enter my login data, pressing enter or pressing the login button doesn't do anything.
    More than three years ago when the login page had also been broken for webOS browsers, I was able to figure out the problem and after I contacted them Dropbox fixed their website. However I imagine now they don't care anymore (when opening dropbox.com in the webOS 2.2.4 browser, there's a message at the top about the browser being unsupported), so I won't even bother this way.
    However the app still appears to work when doing the authentication via a supported browser. Basically I would need to expose the authentication URL in the UI and add a button for "authentication completed". Maybe I'll get around to that, but I can't promise anything.
    On a side note, this app is on its deathbed anyway since Dropbox has announced to shut down version 1 of their API on September 28, 2017. The JavaScript library I used (dropbox-js) has been discontinued and doesn't support v2 of the API, so I'd need to port the JavaScript side of the app to a new library, in addition to that I would need to update the download/upload mechanism which is implemented in a C++ plugin. Not sure there's this much interest left to justify updating to the new API.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Thank you so much for your valuable support.
  16.    #96  
    I've modified the authentication method to require an external browser to complete the authentication.
    Download v1.0.3rc1 (release candidate 1) here
    It's v1.0.3 and not v1.0.2 since v1.0.2 was supposed to be an update to the App Catalog variant of this app to inform users about migration to Preware after the App Catalog shutdown, however HP never published this update.

I'd appreciate feedback on whether this works so that I can push an update to the Preware PivotCE feed.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    cbosdell and Preemptive like this.
    Thank you again, I try this new release and come back here for feedbacks.
    Hooray !! it works and you rocks!! I'm connected again to my Dropbox account but the token code validity is dazzling short, I had to retry 3 times to succeed!
    Merci beaucoup !
    Mutoidi and pcworld like this.
  19.    #99  
    I have released v1.0.3 which fixes the authentication problem (thanks to gazaud for testing). Changes to v1.0.3rc1 are that I updated/removed outdated links in the "Help" and "Other apps" screens.
    Download v1.0.3 ipk here.
    I have submitted it to PivotCE's Preware feed, but it has not yet been approved. Does anyone know whether pattyland receives notifications about update submissions or do I need to contact him?
    Edit: It's approved now, thanks.
    Last edited by pcworld; 08/12/2017 at 01:37 PM.
    Preemptive and Grabber5.0 like this.
    @pcworld For what it's worth, I still use FTPit! and Explorer for Dropbox all the time. If you do update it to api 2 I would still use it.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast