Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Has anyone figured out how to use this without Dropbox? I just bought it because I want a good file explorer.It never occurred to me it wouldn't work without Dropbox. I can't get past the Dropbox sign-in/sign-up page (don't have an account and don't want one). Thanks for any help.
    That is surprising. May be that it never occurred to him someone might buy the app that doesn't have a dropbox account. He has a standalone Explorer app in the catalog (the Dropbox version is pretty recent) also. If you send a support email he may be able to help you.
    Thanks Matt. I've sent a support email. I'll look for the other app. I wasn't aware of it.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Just had to Dr my Pre3 and now the login screen appears to associate it with explorer, but I cannot type in the email or password fields.

Any clues? :-(
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Just had to Dr my Pre3 and now the login screen appears to associate it with explorer, but I cannot type in the email or password fields.
    Thanks for reporting. It looks like they've changed their login page which broke it on webOS. I've reported it to them and hope they will fix it.
    On the TouchPad you can workaround this bug by pressing tab to focus the login fields. If you have a Bluetooth keyboard, the same workaround might work on phones.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Thought of that and my kb doesn't like that page either. Oh well, I'm sure I can wait a while.

Thanks for checking it out.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Dropbox has now deployed a fix.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Thanks. Works perfectly again

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Both Dropboxify and Dropbox File Explorer currently do not download any file. Dropboxify (patched) tells me "Download failed. Check your connection", File Explorer loads 25 bytes only and stays at this status forever. Any idea?

10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Both Dropboxify and Dropbox File Explorer currently do not download any file. Dropboxify (patched) tells me "Download failed. Check your connection", File Explorer loads 25 bytes only and stays at this status forever.
    Can't reproduce. What's the content of the 25 byte file (e.g. if you download a text file)? Is it the 25 first bytes of the content or some error message?
    ...Any idea?
    Time for change our beloved phones...I do it yet: Galaxy S5!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Can't reproduce. What's the content of the 25 byte file (e.g. if you download a text file)? Is it the 25 first bytes of the content or some error message?
    Aha. Getting closer:

Code:
    {"error": "Unauthorized"}

Looks as if it's a problem of one particular file only. Was imported from another dropbox user via dropbox website. Can be downloaded with desktop pc, but not with webOS phone. Didn't try android yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Um, NO!
    Grabber5.0, MikeN68 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Sure! Just retired my 8GB UK Pre3...

... And activated my 16GB AT&T Pre3 :-)
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Both Dropboxify and Dropbox File Explorer currently do not download any file. Dropboxify (patched) tells me "Download failed. Check your connection", File Explorer loads 25 bytes only and stays at this status forever. Any idea?

I get this same error message no matter what the file is. Dropboxify will download the directory file structure and file names, but it will not let me "load" any of the content (i.e. clicking on a picture to view or loading an Adobe PDF file to read).

I do not use File Explorer, so I cannot comment on that.
    Nice and usuful app.
    Was fun tu use the app catalog again, no issue for buying it from France
    Great, never knew this app existed. Probably my last use of the App Catalog. Even left a review
    I have discovered a number of apps recently that I never knew about. I did know about this one, but don't really use my dropbox account, so I never bought it. I decided to buy it last week to support the dev, and will try to get into the habit of using it.
    Hi, does anyone have the .ipk file for this app? I missed the November deadline to convert my apps, and then my pre locked me out last night..

It's such a great app, I'd love to have it back
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast