Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I got a pleasant surprise when I connected my Touchpad to the network yesterday; an update to Kalemsoft Media Player! I now have KSM Player 1.0. It has DLNA/UPnP support and some new icons/buttons. It also seems to work smoother. Thanks to the KSM Player team for updated your app on what many consider is a dead OS. Now if Amazon would just update the Kindle app...

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    ah yes, had to reboot for some reason but after a reboot, i have 3 updates, 2 games and idd as you say KSMPlayer, nice, been a while since ive seen the software manager icon on the notification bar, its almost freaky seeing it these days.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Great. Checking now!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Haven't updated yet, glad to know it doesn't break anything was waiting to hear that before updating.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I literally use this app every single day for my train commutes to work. Updating now and will check to see if anything breaks. <fingers, toes, eyes crossed>
    New logo
    Slightly new interface look (minor update)
    New main screen choices

Attached Images Attached Images
    A recent update on another OS had some unfortunate stuff go wrong, they were quick to fix though. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't webOS version of the bad version.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just updated mine (over a seriously slow 3G connection via my hotspot) and have seen no issues.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I'll need to update ours, wife probably updated hers already without me knowing if she saw the notification.
    I used it on my commute yesterday and it worked great. I like that he added some color to the interface now and the scrolling is much snappier. When I enabled the screen swipe to ff/rw through the video, I noticed that it lost it's time counter function as it played... but that was the only bug I found. I'm liking the update.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I used it on my commute yesterday and it worked great. I like that he added some color to the interface now and the scrolling is much snappier. When I enabled the screen swipe to ff/rw through the video, I noticed that it lost it's time counter function as it played... but that was the only bug I found. I'm liking the update.
    used the update, no issues either, its now even able to play a file it struggled with a while back, a vid that came with 1 of my tablets from china, a 1920x1080 music video which i had to convert/downscale to play correctly, this update for some reason tho plays the original massive file with no issues.

Same deal with the rest of my media, al good, no problems, im even running my touchpad at a lowly 1gz atm instead of my usual 1.4 and its all still perfect.

+1

have to say, cheers for the updates, wasnt expecting more to be honest, definatly welcome.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    It crashes here when I go to "local media". I'll do a reboot to see if that fixes it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It crashes here when I go to "local media". I'll do a reboot to see if that fixes it...
    that used to happen to me when it remembered my last location was for example 1 of my NAS drives, then later when id turned the device off, KSMP tried to reaccess it as my last location and would often just bomb until i put the NAS back on and made sure my last accessed file/lcoation was in a normal location on the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    that used to happen to me when it remembered my last location was for example 1 of my NAS drives, then later when id turned the device off, KSMP tried to reaccess it as my last location and would often just bomb until i put the NAS back on and made sure my last accessed file/lcoation was in a normal location on the touchpad.
    Local Media is set to /media/internal so that shouldn't be the problem. I see the folder listing for 1/2 a second or so and then it crashes.... Will reboot my TP when home and see if that fixes it. I didn't do a reboot after the install so that could be causing the problem. Otherwise I'll do an uninstall and reinstall of the whole app. That might sort it...
    I'm betting the reboot will help. I think it prompted for that after the install... but I could have been drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm betting the reboot will help. I think it prompted for that after the install... but I could have been drunk.
    Interesting, I installed the update last night also (TP running 3.0.5). It started up OK, but sometimes would crash after about a minute. Did not reboot the TP, though, and will try that tonight.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Nice to see an update, although DLNA/UPnP was already working fine for me using the BHome Pro -> KSM link.
    does this player support the Touchpad go?
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    If. Supported. For that you can try, inalata Quickinstall

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    If. Supported. For that you can try, inalata Quickinstall

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Depends I am using Phone/Touchpad version 0.3.5 (when they upgraded to 1.0.0 they pulled the Phone/Touchpad version, so I have to buy the newer version Touchpad only version although it does work on Phones [as reported] as well, although side-loaded), but my version works fine on the Touchpad Go.

Link to newer App: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...soft.ksmplayer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/07/2014 at 07:45 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast