View Poll Results: Is your webOS Facebook app still working?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm having the same or similar problem with the Facebook app on my Touchpad

2 14.29%
  • I'm having the same or similar problem with the Facebook app on my webOS phone

2 14.29%
  • I'm having a different problem with the Facebook app on my webOS device (describe in thread reply)

0 0%
  • My webOS device's Facebook app is working normally

12 85.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Vistaus
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    I've been unable to use the FB app on either of my TouchPads (3.0.5) this morning, and the FB app on my Preł (2.2.4) has been wonky, as well. Last night they were working fine.

On the TPs, the start-up screen spinner and "Retrieving your account" message were all that I would see. Slingshotting didn't fix the problem, nor did a device restart. All of the other internet-connected apps that I've tested were working normally. I could access Preferences & Accounts, so I tried re-entering my account password, only to get a "Bad request" error after tapping <Sign in>. At this point, I had nothing to lose, so I deleted the account and tried re-registering it, only to hit the "Bad request" again. Now when I start the app, it goes straight to Preferences & Accounts, with no account listed (of course).

On the Preł, the news feed view loads, but a Communication Error notification slides up with this message:

An error occurred communicating with the server. Error message: "Application request limit reached."

Tapping <Retry> just leads to the same error message. Tapping <Dismiss> just reveals a blank news feed. Selecting Photos, Inbox, or Events results in a "Refreshing" status and redisplays the same Comm Error message.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Anyone have a thought on what might be going on?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    touchpad no worky, but still recieving synergy notifications, pre3 app mostly works with the odd bit(s) not working.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    As of 4 PM EDT, both the TP and phone apps are back to normal.

Must have been a glitch on Facebook's servers--it wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    I posted about the phone error a few days ago. I noticed my notification internal was set at 5 minutes last night, so around midnight I changed it to something less frequent to see if a recently imposed limit (which it sounds like) is being hit due to frequent polling. Of course here is also synergy polling, but that is likely less frequent. I expect changing the notification interval will help, but I'll give it a couple days to convince me.

Link to thread: New Facebook phone app error - temporary but puzzling

I haven't had any new issues with the Touchpad app. It has always been a bit glitchy.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/02/2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Beside the normal problems like "Nan:Nan" as the time for notfifications (there is a patch for that) my Touchpad is working great.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Both my phone and the TP had trouble signing in during the weekend but now it works fine again.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Working fine on my TP, both the app and the Synergy notifications. The FB app on the Pre 3 I haven't used in a while due to the fact that I'm not using my Pre 3 as much anymore because the battery is dying (again).
    Pictures aren't showing up on Facebook for me. Is there a patch for that?
    My own Facebook app is a bit slow, but it still works good.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    Beside the normal problems like "Nan:Nan" as the time for notfifications (there is a patch for that) my Touchpad is working great.
    What patch? Is it on Preware?

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjensen71 View Post
    What device and OS version?

Do you mean your Facebook photo gallery is empty, or that pictures in wall posts are blank, or something else?

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjensen71 View Post
    The fix for pictures not showing up is > From a desktop browser, go to your Facebook setting and turn off https. < After you do that the pictures will show up in the Palm Facebook app. I had the same problem and @ekdikeo on twitter had that fix.

My Facebook app works, but my problem is after I click on an item in the news feed all replies show up as "Anonymous User".
    Last edited by namgod; 07/03/2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: add problems
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Timezone patch is somewhere on this forum.

As for the people who's phone FB app isn't working right anymore: grab the folder from your TP and use this: Touchpad Facebook App on Pre3
    to get it working correctly on your phone. It's a bit on the small side but it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    The fix for pictures not showing up is > From a desktop browser, go to your Facebook setting and turn off https. < After you do that the pictures will show up in the Palm Facebook app. I had the same problem and @ekdikeo on twitter had that fix.

My Facebook app works, but my problem is after I click on an item in the news feed all replies show up as "Anonymous User".

I have the same problem, anyone know if the facebook app is open source, ie Hp / palm release their code so it can be taken by the community? or we can do to make this happen?
    Yeah, it's the pictures in wall posts AND pictures in my gallery that don't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    What device and OS version?

Do you mean your Facebook photo gallery is empty, or that pictures in wall posts are blank, or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post

Thanks nam god! That did the trick!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    I have the same problem, anyone know if the facebook app is open source, ie Hp / palm release their code so it can be taken by the community? or we can do to make this happen?
    It's not open source. I asked on the Palm developer forums quite a while back. It wasn't part of what was open sourced, so I doubt anything has changed. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't dig around in the code and make changes for a patch.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    It's not open source. I asked on the Palm developer forums quite a while back. It wasn't part of what was open sourced, so I doubt anything has changed. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't dig around in the code and make changes for a patch.
    Yup that should be do-able. All JSJSJS, $HTML$ $and$ $CSS$ :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Or someone could simply write a replacement. Or enhance the Facebook Tablet app so that it's more useable on the Pre 3.
    Typo Lad likes this.
    An Enyo2 rewrite would be nice :-) Using updated API. Looking into LinkedIn Synergy now, hopefully can sort that in the next couple of weeks. Been busy and had little time lately :-(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Typo Lad and Vistaus like this.