Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is there anyway to get new tweets to load at the bottom instead of the top in project mcaw? Also is there a way to limit how many new tweets it will load at a time. If I'm away and there have been 500 new tweets, it wants to load all of them. I like how it has a preview of twitpic and instagram pics. That is VERY useful.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Is there anyway to get new tweets to load at the bottom instead of the top in project mcaw? Also is there a way to limit how many new tweets it will load at a time. If I'm away and there have been 500 new tweets, it wants to load all of them. I like how it has a preview of twitpic and instagram pics. That is VERY useful.
    not sure about tweet ordering (might take a bit of a serious design change), but might be able to limit tweet quantity. Stay tuned.

Baldric

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    not sure about tweet ordering (might take a bit of a serious design change), but might be able to limit tweet quantity. Stay tuned.

Baldric

That would be great! When I launch the app I only really want to see the tweets from the last 5-10 minutes or the last 20-25 tweets, with an option to load more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Spaz, Tweed, and Carbon all stopped working for me. Phnx will work but I prefer tweed.
    Nope. Phnx is also broken as of the last few days. Project Macaw is working fine though but I don't like it since it's horribly slow.
    Note: I'm talking about the Pre 3. On the TP it's quite fast but on the TP I use Sparrow since somewhere lsat year and wouldn't switch it for anything else. So on my Pre 3 I currently use the mobile Twitter website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Nope. Phnx is also broken as of the last few days. Project Macaw is working fine though but I don't like it since it's horribly slow.
    Note: I'm talking about the Pre 3. On the TP it's quite fast but on the TP I use Sparrow since somewhere lsat year and wouldn't switch it for anything else. So on my Pre 3 I currently use the mobile Twitter website.
    I use Project Macaw daily on my pre3 and I don't think its slow. If you let it run the pre3 out of ram then yeah, everything is slow then, but if you keep it from doing that (refresh and flush is good for this) it works quite nicely on the pre3 and is by far the most feature packed Twitter client for webOS. I even use the vine stuff on it on my pre3 and it works well...

Phnx is still working for me, all but retweets. I'm using a veer running 2.2.4. I agree project mcaw seems a lil slow.
    Macaw is a little slower compared to phnx on my 2.2.4 Veer but very workable.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Macaw is a little slower compared to phnx on my 2.2.4 Veer but very workable.

Out of interest, which part of the app feels slow? We may be able to optimise (but can't promise that - as mentioned previously, this is the first project I've done JavaScript, html and CSS with and do it in my spare time :-) ).

Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I think what may be slowing it down is the amount of messages it loads at once. It seems slow when first launched and when loading additional tweets. Also when coming back to the timeline after clicking other icons.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I think what may be slowing it down is the amount of messages it loads at once. It seems slow when first launched and when loading additional tweets. Also when coming back to the timeline after clicking other icons.

Indeed. That's what's slow for me. It takes minutes before it loaded everything and then it's still a bit sluggish though workable. Only on the Pre 3.

And to the one about the RAM: when I use Macaw I only have Macaw open so the slowness is either Macaw eats up all the RAM or, what I find more plausible, it's not a RAM issue.
    Indeed. That's what's slow for me. It takes minutes before it loaded everything and then it's still a bit sluggish though workable. Only on the Pre 3.

And to the one about the RAM: when I use Macaw I only have Macaw open so the slowness is either Macaw eats up all the RAM or, what I find more plausible, it's not a RAM issue.
    Does it really take "minutes"? Just wondering because that sounds seriously wrong. Just trying to work out the cause.

Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It can take two to three minutes or more. Today the load new tweets didn't respond or the refresh. The bar at the top was moving back and forth, tho. I gave up and closed the app.

Yes, it indeed takes two or three minutes usually.
    Yes, it indeed takes two or three minutes usually.
    Then something is seriously wrong/different with your particular setup/version. This isn't accusational, so please don't take it that way. I just mean for me to startup from scratch, with refresh and flush at launch, home,mentions,lists,search,messages and favourite tabs open, it takes no longer than 15 secs to have all loaded and working at normal speed on my VZW Pre3 running with uberkernal with OnDemandTcl 1690. I am running the next unreleased version of PM (v1.4.6), but have never had load times like that on any previous version, nor heard of that happening. I can completely understand how this would make you not want to use the app.

I'd be very interested to know what is different on your particular setup so we can remedy it if at all possible.
    Have you tried completely removing the app and re-installing? Did that make any difference?

Baldric
    Then something is seriously wrong/different with your particular setup/version. This isn't accusational, so please don't take it that way. I just mean for me to startup from scratch, with refresh and flush at launch, home,mentions,lists,search,messages and favourite tabs open, it takes no longer than 15 secs to have all loaded and working at normal speed on my VZW Pre3 running with uberkernal with OnDemandTcl 1690. I am running the next unreleased version of PM (v1.4.6), but have never had load times like that on any previous version, nor heard of that happening. I can completely understand how this would make you not want to use the app.

I'd be very interested to know what is different on your particular setup so we can remedy it if at all possible.
    Have you tried completely removing the app and re-installing? Did that make any difference?

Baldric
    Just did a test with my girlfriend's account (she has ovrr 14k followers so big home timeline updates etc), and from load til spinner disappearing was about 50secs. So we can definitely do some adjustments to amount of tweets loaded. Out of interest, when it takes 2-3 minutes to load, how many new tweets does it say have been loaded?

Baldric

Just did a test with my girlfriend's account (she has ovrr 14k followers so big home timeline updates etc), and from load til spinner disappearing was about 50secs. So we can definitely do some adjustments to amount of tweets loaded. Out of interest, when it takes 2-3 minutes to load, how many new tweets does it say have been loaded?

Baldric

To continue ProjectMacaw discussion, please move over to this thread Project Macaw Update Today!!!

Don't want to hijack this one anymore ;-)

Thanks
    Baldric

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    My sparrow twitter app just broke. Both free and paid.
    My sparrow twitter app just broke. Both free and paid.

Twitter changed to a new API, so apps that use the older version API will not work anymore. See link above concerning Project Macaw.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Looks like Spaz has been fixed. Please see Side project: Fixing Spaz for more details. I can confirm that Spaz HD seems to be working again. Thanks
    Sparrow is half-broken since today. Everything still works fine except for fetching new mentions. But fetching new tweets, retweeting, favoriting and posting new tweets still works. Tested it all day long (aside from that Sparrow has always been my daily Twitter client since Graphite died).

The same applies to Spaz HD and Project Macaw.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast