Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By horzel
  1.    #1  
    Dash Weather is no longer available for download.

I have it on my Palm Pixi, BUT the screen is broken so I can't access anything. I've replaced it with a Pre, but I searched the App Catalog and and Preware and Dash Weather isn't available.

I would appreciate it if someone told me how I could transfer it from my Pixi to my Palm Pre via USB on Windows 8 or share their own copy with me.

Dash Weather is the best weather App I've seen for WebOS but the maker quit the scene recently so I don't know what to do or who to ask!
    Dash Weather pretty much stopped working recently due to a change of the API Choorp used for the app. He did however release a new app called "Dash Weather Plus" but it's only available on GitHub and not as a packaged app due to the license fees required for the forecast.io API usage. First 1.000 requests daily are free, any additional ones cost $1 per 10.000 requests.

You can the source code here: https://github.com/choorp/dash-weather-plus

The only thing you would need to do is to download the code, get your own API key free from https://developer.forecast.io/

Then in source/app.jsjsjs $add$ $your$ $own$ $API$ $key$ $in$ $the$ $following$:

apiKey: "",
    Package the app up and you're ready to go
    I still use dash weather 1.3.0 on my pre3, as long as i have the location entered manually, it works fine.
    cbosdell likes this.
    @Herrie: That only partially fixes the problem. After inserting my own API key the app gave me the forecast again but the widget still hangs on 'Getting forecast...'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @Herrie: That only partially fixes the problem. After inserting my own API key the app gave me the forecast again but the widget still hangs on 'Getting forecast...'.
    Author said above he would update GitHub during the weekend because it doesn't contain the latest code yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Author said above he would update GitHub during the weekend because it doesn't contain the latest code yet!
    I know but I have the latest code on my Touchpad. The code of DW+ on my TP is newer than what is available on his Github.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Dash Weather pretty much stopped working recently due to a change of the API Choorp used for the app. He did however release a new app called "Dash Weather Plus" but it's only available on GitHub and not as a packaged app due to the license fees required for the forecast.io API usage. First 1.000 requests daily are free, any additional ones cost $1 per 10.000 requests.

You can the source code here: https://github.com/choorp/dash-weather-plus

The only thing you would need to do is to download the code, get your own API key free from https://developer.forecast.io/

Then in source/app.jsjsjs $add$ $your$ $own$ $API$ $key$ $in$ $the$ $following$:

Package the app up and you're ready to go
    Okay so, open the code, insert the API and pack it all together.
    Theoretically simple! It's the first time I do something like this though so I'll go wander the forums for some packing help since I don't know what program to use for the actual packing. I'm sure someone asked about that in the past. In any case, thanks a bunch for the info Herrie.

My only followup questions is this:
    Is Dash Weather + compatible with 1.4.5? I'm using a Sprint Pre so I'm obviously limited if I want to stay on the safe side of "hacking".