Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Like the title says, I can't find this app. When I go to the Palm Developer website, I get a message saying the application isn't available, and when I go to the App Catalog in my TouchPad, it just isn't there. I wanted to get it because with the certificate expiry happening soon, there may be no more apps, and I've been wanting several apps for a while. Every other app I want is there but this one. It's also not listed on the developers' website for WebOS. Does anyone know anything about this? I don't want to pirate the app, so if anyone has information, let me know.
    yeah i cant see it in the app catalogue either.

KalemSoft - Products

still listed on the kalemsoft website tho.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    So is there any way I could get this app, or do I have to convert my videos using Handbrake? The strange thing is, all of the developers' other apps are still on the store,but not this one.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    This is odd because 10 days ago I updated my VZ Pre 2 from 2.1.0 to 2.2.4 and it was able to download and install Kalemsoft Media Player during the upgrade. Your right though, it's missing from the catalog.

It appears that you can download the IPK file from the Kalemsoft site. Use WebOS Quickinstall, Internalz, or Preware to install. The version on their site for the Pre/Pre2 is 3.6. The version that was install during my upgrade was 3.5.

They also provide install instructions and a link to WebOS Quickinstall.
    Last edited by namgod; 05/27/2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: More info
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    This is a problem because if you download from their website, you can only activate it for one device. Buying from the app catalog would activate it on the other device.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I have opened a new support ticket regarding this on their support page KalemSoft Support System
  7.    #7  
    I got this response:

To activate it you need to buy from our website. The catalog version doesn't require activation. The catalog version will be back soon with a cheaper price.

Also, the activated version got added back to the Kalemsoft store. Glad to see Kalemsoft not forgetting about us WebOS users!
    I would be interested in their response. Some of their other webOS apps are still in the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    I have opened a new support ticket regarding this on their support page KalemSoft Support System
    I just checked the kalemsoft website and they have now added a purchase option for webOS users for Kalemsoft Media Player on the site (this option did not exist last time I checked), they also reduced the price from $6.99 to $2.99! "for a limited time". So now we can just install with webOSQuickinstall, then activate with the email we used to purchase the app. I just did this and got my Kalemsoft Media Player - without using the App Catalog. Will try when I get home if I can also activate on my second TP. And even if this doesn´t work, the total purchase price will still be lower than the $6.99 the app cost previously, even if I have to buy it twice.
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've not had a response yet. I've already brought it from their website ages ago for my TP, which activates ok. I'm sure I was told by them then that I would have to buy from the App Catalog(ue) if I wanted it activated on another device. I'll wait and see if it comes back to the catalog(ue)
    Thinking about getting a second Touchpad and this is one of the better apps!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Has anyone successfully purchased, twice from the website and then activated on a phone and TP?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I downloaded from their website for TP and Pre 3. TP activated fine, Pre 3 said please use the right e-mail to activate because originally I had the app catalog version for my Pre (2 at the time). Kalemsoft responded to my open ticket, just saying try activating now. And it is now activated on my Pre3 and TP with no extra purchases.
    As of last night is was back in the app store...
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Not in the UK. I'll leave my 'thanks' though. I've solved my problems by contacting them direct.
    Looks like it's missing again from the app catalog. My device got wiped due to the application database almost full problem (hit the green button without paying attention). Now I have no media player, because it's not in the catalog for me to reinstall. :-(
    Strange, I have bought Kalemspft Player this week

Date d’achat Nom d'article Quantité Prix (TVA incluse)
    13/07/14 KalemSoft Media Player 1 7,13 €

Total (TVA incluse) 7,13 €
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    Looks like it's missing again from the app catalog. My device got wiped due to the application database almost full problem (hit the green button without paying attention). Now I have no media player, because it's not in the catalog for me to reinstall. :-(
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...soft.ksmplayer

Available for: HP TouchPad Requires: webOS 3.0.0 Version: 1.0.0

So if you are trying a Phone it will not be available in the App Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by camaleon View Post
    Strange, I have bought Kalemspft Player this week

Date d’achat Nom d'article Quantité Prix (TVA incluse)
    13/07/14 KalemSoft Media Player 1 7,13 €

Total (TVA incluse) 7,13 €
    KS doesn't work for me anymore, over 3g. Can't communicate with directory service, check internet connection. Timing out I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...soft.ksmplayer

Available for: HP TouchPad Requires: webOS 3.0.0 Version: 1.0.0

So if you are trying a Phone it will not be available in the App Catalog.
    That's a rotten thing for them to do. They sold this thing as two seperate versions, and I bought both the touchpad and the pre version. Now they say there is only one, and I can't use it on my pre?

Time to send an angry email.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast