Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Since QuickOffice can't access Dropbox anymore, I've been forced to use SmartOffice on my TouchPad (yes, forced-their spreadsheet is painful and I can't copy & paste from outside sources into a document). For the last week its been saying "dropbox logged out" and I don't see anyway to log in (doing this on my Pre3 too), so I removed it from my TouchPad, but I can't install it, when I try downloading it I get an error saying there's not enough room to download it. I had it on there 15 minutes ago, there's 3+GB free. I've restarted it, no change.
    Any ideas?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Oh.

Still doesn't explain why I can't install SmartOffice now, but it doesn't really matter.....
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I'm having the same problem. I emailed Picsel to get some help, but nothing yet. If I find something I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I emailed Picsel to get some help, but nothing yet. If I find something I'll let you know.
    Are you referring to the Dropbox problem or not being able to install it? He resolved the install problem, but I think the Dropbox issue is still outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Are you referring to the Dropbox problem or not being able to install it? He resolved the install problem, but I think the Dropbox issue is still outstanding.
    The problem I am having is that when I open Picsel and tap on the Dropbox icon, I get a message that says "Logged Out" with no way to log back in.
    since I've never added my Dropbox account to SmartOffice, I get a slightly different experience. It asks for my email and password, and it gives that logged out message for an instant, then goes back to the login form where I can fail to my heart's content. :/

Incidentally, I did find that Tapnote's Dropbox integration still works.
    cbosdell and vgg like this.
    With SmartOffice I get the not logged in message. It definitely used to work with this.
    With QuickOffice, it appears as if it connects, but won't retrieve and data. I think this used to work, but I mostly use SmartOffice
    Tapnote Lite still working.

Be interested to see what response Picsel give you.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    Be interested to see what response Picsel give you.
    Try not to be shocked.....

"Thank you for contacting us about Smart Office.

Although our Smart Office product has been made available on your device, we are not planning an updated release for it. We are pleased to be able to help with work-arounds and advice, but do not expect to be able to improve the product with specific enhancements.

Our primary devices are Apple iOS and Google Android, both phone and tablet sizes.

Best regards,
    Roger
    Picsel product support"
    I wanna be shocked, I really do.

They had to make the same changes to the iOS and Android apps.. They just need to give the webOS developer (if they didn't lay them all off) a box of cookies to port the fix to the webOS version.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    yep this really is a terrible downer for me as I have relied on this app and its connection to dropbox every since the launch weekend of the Touchpad (I preordered mine). And now I have been forced to switch to using googledrive wasn't that hard but I like Dropbox better and googledrive makes me sign into my gmail account EVERY time I want to connect and it usually works but take a couple tries sometimes :'(

the SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW death of WebOS (the greatest OS that never was)
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Although our Smart Office product has been made available on your device, we are not planning an updated release for it. We are pleased to be able to help with work-arounds and advice, but do not expect to be able to improve the product with specific enhancements.
    "
    Not exactly shocked by this response, but it's a bummer - will have to shift stuff to google drive