Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    I am still waiting for this to hit the catalog. Hope it will soon.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Yeah me too, checking App Catalog every day on my TP

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 04/25/2013 at 02:25 AM.
    MAMISHO likes this.
  3.    #43  
    I've just looked at my app stats and AquaVenture should now be available for Pre 3 and TouchPad.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Holliefant and geekpeter like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    I've just looked at my app stats and AquaVenture should now be available for Pre 3 and TouchPad.
    .....and aquired, cheers for the update

EDIT: doesnt fill screen on touchpad, however once downloaded and installed, edit metadata.json, and remove all device id's except 101, launch game and its now fullscreen on touchpad.

(for those that dont know, the metadata.json for this game is located below, just edit with internalZ)
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.ianprice.aquaventure

default entry has 3-4 devices listed, just make sure the entry is changed to....

{"version":1,"devices":[101]}

other devices do ofc work but the games display doesnt fill the extra space so best left at 101 for a better result, nifty little game, ill let my nephew have a shot at it later as well (not for long tho, dont trust him with my touchpad)
    Last edited by geekpeter; 04/25/2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    i know its nothing like it, but im reminded of playing boulderdash/repton meets skubakids only more colorful/kiddie oriented
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    .....and aquired, cheers for the update

EDIT: doesnt fill screen on touchpad, however once downloaded and installed, edit metadata.json, and remove all device id's except 101, launch game and its now fullscreen on touchpad.
    From the original IPK, to this new one, the original would always go full screen... the metadata.json in the new one has [101,103,601,701], the old only had [101,103], so seems when you updated the IPK it updated only the metadata.json file, looking at the md5sum of the control.tar.gz and the data.tar.gz and all other files are the same...

So this does change the game play, until one can bring the app to full screen it is not usable on the Touchpad...

So to fix one would have to look at the PDK code to make it full screen?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/25/2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    From the original IPK, to this new one, the original would always go full screen... the metadata.json in the new one has [101,103,601,701], the old only had [101,103], so seems when you updated the IPK it updated only the metadata.json file, looking at the md5sum of the control.tar.gz and the data.tar.gz and all other files are the same...

So this does change the game play, until one can bring the app to full screen it is not usable on the Touchpad...

So to fix one would have to look at the PDK code to make it full screen?
    its useable alright, currently ofc only after we edit the json file, but yeah your right, when its autodetecting 701/touchpad it still runs but in an amazingly small and not stretched to fit image.

i like how Hexage do their pdk games, they scale up and down to any device ive slapped them on, their touchpad apps scale perfect to pre3 (such as RadiantHD/RobotekHD) havent had to edit theirs, some others do the same often without the need to edit.

But then again we did ask for this just to buy and try, and yeah it does run, just needs to upscale itsself, we on these forums are lucky as we know how to bypass the issue.

enclosed pics of running on touchpad as standard before edits, as we can see the image doesnt fill the screen meaning we need to perform the edit, then it runs fullscreen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #48  
    This should scale properly on TouchPad. It does on mine. I don't know what HP have done to the app - as John said, it used to scale on the TP.

I'll have a loooksee and try to find out why it's not working now.

BTW there is more than a touch of BoulderDash to it - that was one of my fave 8bit games, back in the day - hence my avatar.
    geekpeter likes this.
    This should scale properly on TouchPad. It does on mine. I don't know what HP have done to the app - as John said, it used to scale on the TP.

I'll have a loooksee and try to find out why it's not working now.

BTW there is more than a touch of BoulderDash to it - that was one of my fave 8bit games, back in the day - hence my avatar.
    well if its only happened to me its no big deal, it was fixable, maybe others can say if theirs was ok, if so ill maybe try wiping mine out and redownloading and installing it.
    Alas, it is NOT scaling on my touchpad either. I'll have to modify the json file.

cute game though, hopefully iprice can fix the touchpad scaling and we'll be all set.

Thanks for your effort iprice.

PS. After editing the metadata.json file it works great on the touchpad.
  11.    #51  
    Glad to hear that the fix is working, but it really shouldn't be necessary. Sorry about that, but it's coded to scale on the TP. Obviously changing the metadata in the app upload options changes something within the app (or it's JSON) once on the App Catalog.

I will endeavor to get this sorted natively and then work on a version for the Veer and Pixi
    geekpeter likes this.
    also on the pre3 it runs fine, it just exhibits flickering, almost like old games that didnt draw to backbuffer then flip for smooth display, its like everythings being displayed on the front buffer/display and we can see the redraws in the form of horizontal tear/flicker.

not a gamebreaker tho, still playable, doesnt happen on the touchpad which is weird, given that its the same version of the game and ive applies the json fix to both.
  13.    #53  
    Unfortunately as I have no way of physically testing on Pre 3 I can't see what the actual problem is. The only released on Pre 3 was because of comments here. Ideally I wouldn't support it as I can't test it myself. If it is too big a problem I will withdraw the Pre 3 version from the App Catalog before I get complaints.

I have an idea what may be causing the problem (could be the way it scales 3D textures), but haven't got the time right now to test fixes on other people's devices.

Of course i want the game to play perfectly on all devices and will continue to work on it until it does or I've exhausted all possible ways of fixing any issues. Hopefully it'll be the former rather than the latter. But I will need victims errr... volunteers to test Pre3 updates.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Count me in as a tester if needed...

Plus more levels (my kids reached 30m)...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Count me in as a tester if needed...

Plus more levels (my kids reached 30m)...
    +1
    Hi

I have this on a Pre2. I've made it to level 16 so far.

On my phone, there seems to be a problem when minimizing the game. The first time I 'gave up' on a level the phone stuck with the card half swiped off. I thought it had crashed, but it is actually hanging for a while on the minimisation and once the phone comes back to life it can be swiped off with no problem.

Maybe it's just me. I do have a certain amount of Preware installed...

Other than that, it's fun. I like these kind of puzzle games.
  17.    #57  
    Sorry for the long delay in updating the game, but I did post an update to the portal - it's stuck in "Ready to be Reviewed" and emails to PDC are bouncing back.

So, I'm going to post the .IPK here.

http://www.iprice.remakes.org/AquaVe....001.0_all.ipk

This is compatible with Pre/Pre2 and TouchPad (and scales correctly to fill the screen). I can't test on Pre3 but it should work (but if it doesn't, I'm sorry but I can't support it).
    Confirmed: Clicked link to download (to this android tablet,) emailed to myself, downloaded attachment in email with pre2, opened and installed with internalz. Works well.

Seems to be minimizing OK here. Noticed the card flashes black for a moment, but seems to work fine so far. Working on 7m now. Could use a mute toggle.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Doesn't appear to work on my Pre3.
    The game installs OK and shows the splash screen but screen input is not accepted. All that happens is the screen flickers when you touch the screen.

Works well on my TP though
    Last edited by MikeN68; 10/07/2014 at 07:47 AM. Reason: device update
  20.    #60  
    I can't test on Pre3 but it should work (but if it doesn't, I'm sorry but I can't support it).
    Sorry.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast