Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    well in my case i have no pre/pre2 to be able to purchase then use on touchpad/pre3, flag it as avail for pre3 then i can/will be able to buy it.

your stats issue will likely become clearer once a fellow dev pitches in to say if thats normal or not.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  2.    #22  
    In the next update I will make the game available for TouchPad and then, all being well, Pre3.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    geekpeter and kataran like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    With regard to porting/adapting to Pre3, Veer and TouchPad: According to my HP stats reports the game has been downloaded just twice (without credit card?).

Something's wrong somewhere...

Either HP's stats are wrong or there's no point in doing any more webOS development work.
    To me that means two users have bought your app, I am one of them...

Again, I am sorry to hear the tone of disappointment, we are a small group of users at this point, just because you have only two users, does not mean you should give up...

If you are looking to profit from webOS, with the amount of users, I doubt it, but once you open it up to other devices then it could be see/bought by others...

Remember the last flagship devices where the S, M, L, Veer, Pre3, and Touchpad, of which you are not targeting...

Please do not give up, it is a good game, my kids and I like the game...

As a developer, I feel it is more important at this point to support each other and keep the webOS dream alive...

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    well in my case i have no pre/pre2 to be able to purchase then use on touchpad/pre3, flag it as avail for pre3 then i can/will be able to buy it.

your stats issue will likely become clearer once a fellow dev pitches in to say if thats normal or not.
    Unless the developer selects the right device, there is no way to buy the app unless your pre3 impersonates a pre2, then it would be possible...

For me I have many devices on my profile and I have the right device on my profile to purchase the app...
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Pre3 and Touchpad here. No way to download for me either :-(

I'll check for updates every few days, to see if it's on Pre3/TP and then buy it.

Thanks iprice
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    LOL just bought "mined out" - a minesweeper clone :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    did you just run direct or did you try altering the metadata.json and changing the device list to different ones to see how they changed the scaling on the pre3/veer/etc?
    So when I run the app on the Veer (from launch command), it tries to force 480x320... here is the output of that...

All I did was start the app the close the app so you can see it gets the screen info for the Veer, but does not handle it...

For the developer:
    Code:
    timer
    rbow
    rbow init
    SDL_init video
    SDL_GetVideoInfo = 320x400 @ 32 bpp
       want landscape 480,320: 1
       device landscape: 0
    Setting video mode: 0x0x0 fl=2
    SDL_SetVideoMode seems to be 1
    swap deskx, desky to 400,320 - landscape mode 1
    Rbow::SetScreen( 400,320)
    get accurate timer - 1st call
    flip - 1st call
    BGRA ext supported
    Texture size limit: 2048
    init fbo
    2D VP
    OGRB init [OK]
    Cptn
    Network
    Input
    Window mode
    Create DXin
    sdl_grab
    reptr
    getexe
    cd
    set cdir to: [removed]
    exepath=curdir= [removed]
    Init Finalized
    Rbow::SetScreen( 480,320)
    set cdir to: Media
    [mp3 @ 0x21bd10] max_analyze_duration reached
    [mp3 @ 0x21bd10] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
    CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO 0
    CALLBYNAME "GLB_ON_PAUSE" *** failed ***
    pause loop in showscreen/hibernate
    Shut down GLB
    glb is shut down
    PDL_Quit
    </PDL_Quit>
    exit
    From (https://developer.palm.com/content/r...nical_faq.html)

Code:
    Using SDL, how should my app allocate its display window?  

That depends if your app is running on the device or on your host PC. For the device, give it a value of 0 - SDL assumes the most optimal size and pixel depth. This works on both the Pixi and the Pre: 
    screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(0, 0, 0, 0);         

However, doing this on the desktop causes your app to display full-screen. To avoid this, you can #ifdef  this call to explicitly request a 480 x 320 or 400 x 320 window. You can retrieve the width and height from the SDL surface that is created to modify your application's behavior for the different sizes. 

See Accessing the Display for more information.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/15/2013 at 05:31 PM.
    The numbers from the big charts displays have never worked right. The smaller downloads page usually is pretty close to accurate, but it's several days behind as the numbers post in from various systems.

The majority of webOS users left are probably on TouchPad anyway.

Probably no one checks the app catalog daily anymore. I stopped checking it daily about a year ago, and now just whenever I am on a whim or someone mentions something in the catalog.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I too would probably buy this, but cannot because I dont keep my pre plus or pre 2 on my account, just my pre3 and touchpads. Remember, you can only have one phone device on an account so if someone upgrades to a veer or pre3 they cannot see your app for pre or pre2 only...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post

Again, I am sorry to hear the tone of disappointment, we are a small group of users at this point, just because you have only two users, does not mean you should give up...

If you are looking to profit from webOS, with the amount of users, I doubt it, but once you open it up to other devices then it could be see/bought by others...

Remember the last flagship devices where the S, M, L, Veer, Pre3, and Touchpad, of which you are not targeting...

Please do not give up, it is a good game, my kids and I like the game...

As a developer, I feel it is more important at this point to support each other and keep the webOS dream alive...
    I have to agree with the poster, it's not fair for you to give up on developing for WebOS..simply due to the fact that you think that in a few days you will sell millions of copies of your game in the small amount of time in the catalog of WebOS. You should be patient, and not rush to conclusion you will have to remember that WebOS has a decent amount of users left on the platform..maybe not 85 million like iOS but still pretty decent numbers...
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The numbers from the big charts displays have never worked right. The smaller downloads page usually is pretty close to accurate, but it's several days behind as the numbers post in from various systems.

The majority of webOS users left are probably on TouchPad anyway.

Probably no one checks the app catalog daily anymore. I stopped checking it daily about a year ago, and now just whenever I am on a whim or someone mentions something in the catalog.
    +1 i tend to check the app cat these days when a dev mentions their work here, then i go aquire it, even if its something i may not use often, i have plenty of quality apps that i like even if infrequently used.

Hell ive even tried to get "same as webOS" apps on android to stick to what i know only to find i dispise the android variant, last i tried was Internet Radio Pro on android as i like the pre3/touchpad versions only to find the android ones terrible, so i need a better app for shoutcast radio on android (or just not bother), preferably one that doesnt have a list of insane premissions or doesnt do what i want it too.

To note: most of the shoutcast radio i listen too is Digitally Imported, was gutted to see their own android app forces you to make an account and i detest signing up for unnecessary stuff when i dont have too, just to get access to the same thing on a PC/other OS where you dont need to do it.
    Hi iPrice,

nice to see you around here too. I am the same Holliefant as the one from openhandhelds.org.
    Why donīt you port Dino Defense as well? I think that would be very much appreciated here.
    But I will get this one as well, though I never really got very far on my pandora
    same here I buy ever game but only using my Touchpad these days

release it and I will buy it
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  13.    #33  

I have to agree with the poster, it's not fair for you to give up on developing for WebOS..simply due to the fact that you think that in a few days you will sell millions of copies of your game in the small amount of time in the catalog of WebOS.

You misunderstood my point - I am not concerned that there were only two downloads - I never expected there to be "millions", but that the downloads were not charged to a credit card. Obviously this indicated that HPs stats were/are incorrect. It looks as though this has been updated now though

I have now registered AquaVenture to be made available for Pre3 and TouchPad via the Catalog. Unfortunately users will have to wait the average 5-8 days for it to be approved and available for these systems. Unless metadata updates are quicker now than they used to be.

I may need to release a version specific to the Veer (and Pixi as it has the same resolution). I do own a pixi so I can test that, although I may need to cut back on the animated background etc. I'll have to see. Can I ask if the game appeared to be as fast as the Pre2 version? If so I probably don't need to make any changes.

Thankyou to everyone for your support so far and I hope to have AquaVenture running on whatever system(s) you own soon.

LOL just bought "mined out" - a minesweeper clone :-)
    But hopefully it's the best version of MineSweeper you've ever played
    geekpeter likes this.
    ill add this to my obscure looking but fun favourites along with Norkals Space maze of Doom as soon as that app cat update lands, cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    You misunderstood my point - I am not concerned that there were only two downloads - I never expected there to be "millions", but that the downloads were not charged to a credit card. Obviously this indicated that HPs stats were/are incorrect. It looks as though this has been updated now though

I have now registered AquaVenture to be made available for Pre3 and TouchPad via the Catalog. Unfortunately users will have to wait the average 5-8 days for it to be approved and available for these systems. Unless metadata updates are quicker now than they used to be.

I may need to release a version specific to the Veer (and Pixi as it has the same resolution). I do own a pixi so I can test that, although I may need to cut back on the animated background etc. I'll have to see. Can I ask if the game appeared to be as fast as the Pre2 version? If so I probably don't need to make any changes.

Thankyou to everyone for your support so far and I hope to have AquaVenture running on whatever system(s) you own soon.
    Glad you are sticking around....

You would have to make a different binary depending on Pixi/PixiPlus as it is an Arm6 device not Arm7 as the Veer is...

https://developer.palm.com/content/a...he-device.html

As I can not move the Aqua guy to the right I can not play the game, but from the looks of it on the Veer it appears to play ok, once you shrink the SDL window I will be able to show you more...

The only issue on the Pre3 is the flicker, I have not had the time to play with it on the Pre3... On the Touchpad it works great... Again thanks for the game my kids and I enjoy it...
  16.    #36  
    You would have to make a different binary depending on Pixi/PixiPlus as it is an Arm6 device not Arm7 as the Veer is...
    I've successfully tested another game on another user's Veer and my own Pixi Plus (IIRC) which were both running the same code, so shouldn't be an issue (fingers crossed). I will ask for testers once completed though. Obviously playing the Pixi version could be problematic due to the keyboard and small screen. How much larger is the Veer's screen (not resolution)? i might have to adapt the controls if both are too small to play, but that's fairly straight forward.

As I can not move the Aqua guy to the right I can not play the game, but from the looks of it on the Veer it appears to play ok, once you shrink the SDL window I will be able to show you more...
    I was speaking more about the background animation (water wobble) as that is something very visible. If it animates as smoothly as the Pre2 then the Veer should play the game at roughly the same speed. If there's a significant difference (ie Veer animation is slower) then there may be differences in how the game plays so I might need to cut that out to give more CPU time to the game itself.
    Great to see you submitted it for the Pre3 and Touchpad too! As soon as it's available I will buy it. Unfortunately I only can have 1 phone on my HP/Palm Profile, so it's my daily Veer together with my WiFi TP and 4G TP (Unless John can give me instructions on how to add my Pre3 and Pre2 to the same profile as well )
    I am also glad you submitted it for more recent webOS devices. It will make it much easier for the masses that don't have the ability to have more than one phone on our webOS account. I know how to spoof my pre3 and whatnot but its an awful lot of work to download one game then put it back again. That being said. As soon as it hits the touchpad/pre3 I'll buy a copy to show you some support.

Thanks
    Any post that palmpixiuser posts, try to read it with all the negative words taken out. He comes across very negatively, when it would appear he doesn't really mean to. :-).

Unfortunately, with the chaos of the last month, its pretty difficult to tell how long a data update will take.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Save/Restore Community Development

Added Save/Restore script for AquaVenture...
    iprice likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast