Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    So d**n Google decided to shut down Reader, despite the outbreak of protests. Lots of articles about alternative services like Feedly and Newsblur, but none of them seem to have a webOS client, 3rd party or not.

    Anyone know of any others that would work that has both cloud and webOS? Last resort I'll go back to FeedReader, but the ability to sync read status on articles are read is invaluable...
  2. #2  
    Feedly is working on a Reader-compatible API that can be used by third-party clients with relatively few changes.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Feedly is working on a Reader-compatible API that can be used by third-party clients with relatively few changes.
    But that also depends if the existing apps will be ported over...

    Let me ask Delicious Morsel about Feeds.
  4. #4  
    I'm expecting to be forced to use a mobile site for RSS on my webOS devices. The momentum seems to be shifting towards Feedly but I'm unsure if they'll be offering a web app with a webOS friendly mobile interface. Personally, I need support for folders and starring with use-anywhere cloud sync.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post
    I'm expecting to be forced to use a mobile site for RSS on my webOS devices. The momentum seems to be shifting towards Feedly but I'm unsure if they'll be offering a web app with a webOS friendly mobile interface. Personally, I need support for folders and starring with use-anywhere cloud sync.
    They won't, but they will provide an clone of the Google Reader API, however this relies on existing app devs to update their programs to use it. I tweeted Delicious Morsel (author of Feeds) and didn't get a response.
  6. #6  
    Does anyone know if there's already a Feedly-reader available for webOS?
  7. #7  
    this seems an interesting option for those technical enough to set it up

    WikiStart - Tiny Tiny RSS

    a bit like ampache but for rss feeds! :-)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  8.    #8  
    OK, so Delicious Morsel didn't get back to me at all, not a surprise really. What was a surprise is that turns out Feeds is actually open source, and the code is on Github:

    https://github.com/deliciousmorsel/Feeds

    I wonder maybe this can be used as a starting point for creating a Feedly compatible client, since Feedly said Project Normandy will be API compatible with Google Reader.

    Or better yet Delicious Morsel themselves do it... I would gladly pay for it *carries on daydreaming*
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    OK, so Delicious Morsel didn't get back to me at all, not a surprise really. What was a surprise is that turns out Feeds is actually open source, and the code is on Github:

    https://github.com/deliciousmorsel/Feeds

    I wonder maybe this can be used as a starting point for creating a Feedly compatible client, since Feedly said Project Normandy will be API compatible with Google Reader.

    Or better yet Delicious Morsel themselves do it... I would gladly pay for it *carries on daydreaming*
    Sigh. I think I may have to dip my toes into trying to develop apps, with both Google Reader and Dropbox needing new ones for WebOs.....

    Anyone know where to start??
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jzastoupil View Post
    Sigh. I think I may have to dip my toes into trying to develop apps, with both Google Reader and Dropbox needing new ones for WebOs.....

    Anyone know where to start??
    Not sure myself, but would love to see both of these become reality.
  11. #11  
    Oh, cool... didn't know that feeds was open source. Maybe we can hack something then... now we need access to the feedly api documentation and stuff.

    I don't understand why they keep the api so closed. :-(
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Oh, cool... didn't know that feeds was open source. Maybe we can hack something then... now we need access to the feedly api documentation and stuff.

    I don't understand why they keep the api so closed. :-(
    I think we should branch that ASAP... they renamed to Inline Block and pulled all their webOS stuff from their website. Hope they don't scrap the code.

Posting Permissions