webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Dropboxify not working anymore?
Dropboxify not working anymore?
Like Tree115Likes

Old 08/31/2012, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello. I am trying to use Dropboxify HD, and, even though it used to work, today it keeps telling me that it's "Offline. Try Refreshing." I've refreshed and restarted multiple times, but it still won't sync. I tried unlinking my TouchPad from my DropBox account, but all that did was cut me off completely, erasing what I'd had on my TP, and then continuing to not sync..

Has anyone run into this? Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

--treodoc
treodoc755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2012, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Okay, so I tried to use the app again today, having had nothing else change except for it being a day later.

Dropboxify HD works now.

I have no idea why or what changed, but I'm glad it lets me get at my files again.

Thanks, anyway...
Old 03/09/2013, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Based on the good reviews of Dropboxify (non-HD) in the App Catalog I bought the app for my Pre3 just to find out it does not log into my Dropbox account. The account works fine because I can access it with the same username/password from my PC and my Touchpads just fine (using synergy there). It's just Dropboxify which always reports "Username or password incorrect". I even created a new account, same thing there.

I tried to contact DoGood, but did not get any response.

Is this app nonfunctional in the meantime? Then the highly positive reviews are misleading. Or is it a geo-restricted application which erroneously is being sold in Germany?

Any ideas what's going wrong and how to make the app work?

Last edited by bellonsn; 03/24/2013 at 05:25 PM.
bellonsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2013, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Works fine for me in the UK. Check you haven't changed your password recently.
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2013, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

fine here as well.
Old 03/09/2013, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

As I said, I even created a completely new account and cannot log into that. Hm.
Old 03/09/2013, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

You don't have 2 factor authentication setup?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2013, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Working fine on my Verizon Pre 3.
kseaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2013, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

"Two-step verification" shows "Disabled" in my account settings.
Old 03/10/2013, 08:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

I can log into my account using https://m.dropbox.com/ from the Pre3 just fine. It's Dropboxify that doesn't let me log in. Pity for the wasted money. It's not a big loss, but an unnecessary one.
Old 03/10/2013, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
vgg

I've got dropboxify on my pre2 and it's working fine here in the UK
vgg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2013, 09:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

It's working fine for my on my Pre3 and TouchPad. I do have two-step verification enabled on my account. I use it on a near daily basis.
Old 03/10/2013, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have it both on my TP and my Pre 3; both apps work fine for me.

I have encountered problems when I have a low signal (which resolves when I move to an area with better cellular or wifi signal), and with needing to reboot my device sometimes before I can access my Dropbox account--especially if I have not rebooted in awhile.

Silly question, but have you tried rebooting?

Good luck!
Old 03/11/2013, 01:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have tried with and without the two-step verification. Doesn't make a difference. Yes, I tried rebooting. And BTW, this is on a completely newly installed Pre3. In fact the reason I wanted to use Dropboxify is to install .ipk files on the phone that are not available via App Catalog or Preware.

I think I just have to accept that it doesn't work for me. Strange.
Old 03/11/2013, 01:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
I have tried with and without the two-step verification. Doesn't make a difference. Yes, I tried rebooting. And BTW, this is on a completely newly installed Pre3. In fact the reason I wanted to use Dropboxify is to install .ipk files on the phone that are not available via App Catalog or Preware.

I think I just have to accept that it doesn't work for me. Strange.
at a push you can just aquire a share link from inside dropbox or box.net and manually type in the link it gives you into the pre3 browser, the resulting filename will either be correct or some garbage like XYzZ12Ba, or other random letters, if their random letter rename the file to WHATEVERITACTUALLYIS.IPK and run it via internalZ

EDIT: Heres a snap from mine working perfectly from a few mins ago.
Attached Images
File Type: png dropbox_2013-11-03_183119.png (144.3 KB, 39 views) Email Attachment
Old 03/11/2013, 04:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Just tried it, but it doesn't work. I think I'll leave it at that and just use https://m.dropbox.com/ in the future. Pity I haven't known that before buying Dropboxify.
Old 03/11/2013, 05:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

tried deleting it, reboot then reinstalling?

im guessing it never happens but does the spellcheck/word correction type stuff change peoples username/password perhaps?

using any weird characters?

um not sure what else could go wrong offhand atm.
Old 03/11/2013, 05:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
tried deleting it, reboot then reinstalling?
Yes, tried that.

Quote:
im guessing it never happens but does the spellcheck/word correction type stuff change peoples username/password perhaps?

using any weird characters?
Tried several different passwords, with capital letter at the start (in case auto-correction capitalizes), tried passwords with only letters and digits without any special characters, doesn't make any difference. Tried a different email address, doesn't work. I even created a new account using the "Create Account" option of Dropboxify itself and the account is operational from the browser, but Dropboxify itself cannot log into the account it created.

Quote:
um not sure what else could go wrong offhand atm.
Yes, thanks for all your suggestions. But I really think I'll just forget about that app purchase and use the browser from now on.
Old 03/12/2013, 01:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Well now don't I feel silly... Never heard of Dropboxify app. Read this thread. Think to self, "Well everyone but this one bloke says it's fine. I bet it's fine!"

It's not fine. I have the same problem as the OP now. Dang it.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2013, 04:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

not working for me as well.

Just installed & it won't accept my login info. Googled "dropboxify can't login webos" & was brought here.

Have checked, dbl checked, assigned new email & password, tried again. Always get "username or password incorrect".

wasted money
devon51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0