Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Sorry for the delay, was pretty busy lately.
    My FTPit!-based Dropbox client is almost ready, only things to do is an app icon + description and I need to make sure it works fine on phones. It will support all devices running webOS >= 2.1.
    The app will be submitted to the App Catalog this week.
    i don't even know what Dropbox is or does.

BUT - i REALLY REALLY appreciate that you've spent your valuable time on updating an application for webOS phones and tabs.

ANY developer who is keeping webOS software up-to-date is a VERY generous soul, and can't be thanked too much. So here's my nod to ya.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Sorry for the delay, was pretty busy lately.
    My FTPit!-based Dropbox client is almost ready, only things to do is an app icon + description and I need to make sure it works fine on phones. It will support all devices running webOS >= 2.1.
    The app will be submitted to the App Catalog this week.
    That's GOOD news! Thanks an awful lot! I'm desperately waiting for a working dropbox client since dropboxify died.
    Thanks everyone!
    Little update: Just submitted the app, let's hope HP approves it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    ANY developer who is keeping webOS software up-to-date is a VERY generous soul, and can't be thanked too much. So here's my nod to ya.
    Haha, I guess when I read posts like that, webOS must be, like, really really dead, is it? But thank you!
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Gwidion and iamthenoah like this.
    Thanks everyone!
    Little update: Just submitted the app, let's hope HP approves it soon.

Haha, I guess when I read posts like that, webOS must be, like, really really dead, is it? But thank you!
    Hi pcworld

Will there be some way people outside the U.S. cam buy this app?
    I would really much like to use it

Martin :-)
    Jimbode likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    Will there be some way people outside the U.S. cam buy this app?
    I would really much like to use it
    Hi Martin, the app will be available in all App Catalog regions that support paid apps.
    When HP should eventually shut down the App Catalog, I might finally get around to finish my own app payment system, but in the meantime probably not.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Hi Martin, the app will be available in all App Catalog regions that support paid apps.
    When HP should eventually shut down the App Catalog, I might finally get around to finish my own app payment system, but in the meantime probably not.
    :-( not my region...Denmark
    What about through donation?
    And is it in the talks about when HP will shut it down?
    WOuld love for it to work on my Palm pixi plus- thanks for all these posts. Looks like the same version is still there - wonder how long it takes for them to approve what was submitted.
    What about through donation?
    Hmm, maybe later.
    And is it in the talks about when HP will shut it down?
    Not really.
    Though I've submitted my app about 2.5 weeks ago, and HP hasn't approved it yet. Wrote them an e-mail two days ago, they said it was a technical issue.
    Hmm, maybe later.

Not really.
    Though I've submitted my app about 2.5 weeks ago, and HP hasn't approved it yet. Wrote them an e-mail two days ago, they said it was a technical issue.
    I did see other new apps last week, so it indeed could be just your submission.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 07/31/2013 at 01:28 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Hmm, maybe later.

Not really.
    Also waiting patiently...

PS
    Thanks for your efforts!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Hummmm...why DoGood doesn't supports anymore the phone app!!!??? It was a great app and we don't have it anymore...

And HP (or LG) doesn't uploads the pcworld's app for sync Dropbox for 3 weeks since the great new of the app release!!!

No way, keep waiting...

Enviado desde mi iPod Touch 5
    usando WebOS Nation Mvil
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    And HP (or LG) doesn't uploads the pcworld's app for sync Dropbox for 3 weeks since the great new of the app release!!!
    HP is responsible for the webOS App Catalog services.
    I can't believe that just playing with the dropbox.jsjsjs file in the /app/apis/ folder, inadvertently I fix the API and now it works again the phone version!!!

If DoGood I may, I upload the file that mentioned and corrected, and by WOSQI install it on: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dogood.dropbox/app/apis/

Can I do that!!!???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sshaka; 08/14/2013 at 02:50 PM.
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    VasTheGreek likes this.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I can't believe that just playing with the dropbox.jsjsjs file in the /app/apis/ folder, inadvertently I fix the API and now it works again the phone version!!!

If DoGood I may, I upload the file that mentioned and corrected, and by WOSQI install it on: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dogood.dropbox/app/apis/

Can I do that!!!???
    Wow! That's brilliant! Great work!

I sure hope the rest of us paid users can benefit. Perhaps you can send DoGood the fix so it can be updated through the catalog 'legally'...

...fingers crossed...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    This is great news!

I would be quite able to edit the file myself - so could you please describe what you were doing? If you prefer, do send me a PM - I definitely need Dropboxify working ....
    Quote Originally Posted by pacemkr View Post
    I'll do a phone a version as well.

The Touchpad update has been sitting in "Ready for Review." =(
    I hope that somebody at HP is still reviewing apps/updates.
    Hi pacemkr!!!

I fix the dropbox.jsjsjs $file$ $for$ $the$ $phone$ $app$, $is$ $there$ $anyway$ $for$ $update$ $it$ $for$ $everyone$!!!???

My phone app it's again working!!!

Funnily enough just updating the protocol versions from 0 to 1 indeed makes the phone app working again. But looking at the API specs at https://www.dropbox.com/developers/core/docs this should not work. I assume this is just another transition period for backwards compatibility and will cease to work some day in the future.

But indeed, for the time being, this simple patch seems to make it work for now:

Code:
    --- dropbox.jsjsjs.$orig$
    +++ $dropbox$.$js$
    @@ -$2$,$9$ +$2$,$9$ @@

$initialize$: $function$() {

-        $this$.$apiServer$      = '$https$://$api$.$getdropbox$.$com$/$0$/';
    +        $this$.$apiServer$      = '$https$://$api$.$getdropbox$.$com$/$1$/';
             $this$.$apiServerV1$    = '$https$://$api$.$getdropbox$.$com$/$1$/';
    -        $this$.$contentServer$  = '$https$://$api$-$content$.$getdropbox$.$com$/$0$/';
    +        $this$.$contentServer$  = '$https$://$api$-$content$.$getdropbox$.$com$/$1$/';

$this$.$cache$     = $new$ $LawnchairDepot$({$name$: '$dropbox_cache$'});
             $this$.$cacheDir$  = '/$media$/$internal$/$Dropboxify$/.$cache$';
    Great find! Finally I can actually use the app I paid for.
    Grabber5.0 and cbosdell like this.

Can I do that!!!???
    Hummmm, if upload this file isn't right...any mod should delete it!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sshaka; 08/15/2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Now the share function it's properly working!!!

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Hummmm, if upload this file isn't right...any mod should delete it!!!
    It's great that you uploaded the file so that the mods could inspect it :-)
    Quick note: in the uploaded file by sshaka, there has been deleted one line with a definition that is necessary later on (or one has to change another line). I guess that with the uploaded file it is not possible anymore to use the "Share" functionality.

Either just patch Dropboxify on your phone yourself with the small patch I described or use sshaka's file, but before uploading to your phone, edit it in line 464 to read this.apiServer instead of this.apiServerV1.
    sshaka likes this.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast