Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacemkr View Post
    Hey everybody, I'm the developer of Dropboxify. I didn't think that anybody still cared about the app, but then noticed all the tickets and found this thread. I'm just one guy, with other responsibilities, so forgive my sluggish response to this problem.

The summary:

Dropboxify HD for the Touchpad will be updated shortly.
    Dropboxify for the Pre, Pre2, Pre3, Pixi update is tentative, read on.

The details:

Dropbox have changed their authentication API and some other minor things. To be clear Dropbox are not to blame here, they've warned me long ago that the change is coming and were very good with offering to help with the transition, etc. Honestly, I didn't think the platform would survive that long.

However, seeing how many people still use the apps, I've set out to update them this week.

On the tablet:

I'm really not happy with the user experience that results from the changes Dropbox have implemented. It really isn't up to my standards. Nonetheless, on the Touchpad I was able to polish it somewhat and the authentication process is OK. The app is working. I have to apply some spit and polish around the edges, and it will go out today for approval.

On to the phones:

The user experience is ... terrible. There are many corner cases where authentication might not work (you'd have to try again, and again). It looks like **** and is not very intuitive. Normally I would not release something like this. However, if there are people that actually want this for their Pre's, working, no matter how ugly, then I could do an update. It hurts me that I have to release something so half assed, but there are some show stopper bugs that I have no control over.

Here is an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6it3mvt1c...2012.29.39.mp4

I'm going to focus on the Touchpad today. Let me know if you want the phone version updated!
    Hi pacemkr

I would really like to use Dropboxify (on my TP), but I live in Denmark and there for I can't buy anything from the HP Catalog.
    Is there some way I can pay for Dropboxify fx. via Paypal? (or donation?)

Best regards
    Martin :-)

martinjochimsen(at)gmail(dot)com
    Count me in for another phone (pixi plus) user of dropboxify. I loved the app and just realized that there still is a chance for it's resurrection!! Glad I checked this thread.
    Have been a long time Dropboxify user. Yes, please update the phone app as well. UI can just stay as it is.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Have been a long time Dropboxify user. Yes, please update the phone app as well. UI can just stay as it is.
    Same here. I use it on both my TP and Pre3 and would appreciate the update. Thanks!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Please, update API, i'm using it on my Pixi+ & Pre3, interface doesn't matter, thanks!
    sshaka and Rnp like this.
    Hello, I'm a Android user right now, but I bought a pre 2 to change the phone, because I love Palm and WebOs, but without dropbox it's not the same. Fix it, please. Thank you so much.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I deleted Updated Dropboxify - that did not fix the problem - I deleted Dropboxify and reinstalled it. I am seeing updated files now - but when I go to open a file - QuickOffice will not open it. What are others using to open up the files in Dropboxify now?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    Please!!! Don't forget to update the Dropboxify app for the Pre3 pacemkr!!! If necessary I'll gladly donate!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm switching over to box.com, I had been using dropbox because I could edit a word doc or spreadsheet on my computer or my TouchPad and the changes would sync. Box.com has an edit feature, when I click edit with my document open, it opens it in Word, when I save it, the changes are sync'd to Box.com. Picsel doesn't support box.com, but I can use boxalicious to download it to my Pre 3, and use Picsel from there.
    Awkward, but it works for what I need.
    How did you get Boxalicious to work on your Pre 3? I can't even get to login.
    I'll do a phone a version as well.

The Touchpad update has been sitting in "Ready for Review." =(
    I hope that somebody at HP is still reviewing apps/updates.
    Any update on the phone version?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Unfortunally dropboxify hd doesn't work. Although I've got the update. I've no possibility to change my credits. :-(
    There is a setting in the app to unlink the device from your dropbox account, on the other hand you could do the from The dropbox website as well?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    There is a setting in the app to unlink the device from your dropbox account, on the other hand you could do the from The dropbox website as well?
    I'm unable to inactive the account inside the app. And with no guarantee of reactivation I won't use the website option.
    Actually I've got the possibility to get the older files
    I think that pacemkr has forgotten his customers that acquire Dropboxify for our beloved Pre 3!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Hey everybody, I'm the developer of Dropboxify. I didn't think that anybody still cared about the app, but then noticed all the tickets and found this thread. I'm just one guy, with other responsibilities, so forgive my sluggish response to this problem.

<snip>

I'm going to focus on the Touchpad today. Let me know if you want the phone version updated!
    An updated version for phones would really be appreciated, even if it was kinda ugly!
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Actually I lost all hope about an update...I moved to SkyDrive!!! The developer called TAlign has an app "Hi SkyDrive" and it works perfectly!!!

Babywipez likes this.
    What is better: Box or SkyDrive (5Gb vs 7Gb )...I need my Dropbox account!!!

I'M WILLING TO COME TO PAY AGAIN THE PHONE APP!!!

Sorry for the delay, was pretty busy lately.
    My FTPit!-based Dropbox client is almost ready, only things to do is an app icon + description and I need to make sure it works fine on phones. It will support all devices running webOS >= 2.1.
    The app will be submitted to the App Catalog this week.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    My FTPit!-based Dropbox client is almost ready, only things to do is an app icon + description and I need to make sure it works fine on phones. It will support all devices running webOS >= 2.1.
    Many thanks pcworld!!! I'll watch the App Catalog all these days!!!

Enviado desde mi iPod Touch 5
    usando WebOS Nation Mvil
    Last edited by sshaka; 07/10/2013 at 01:56 PM.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Awsome! Not easy to wait but well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post