Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pacemkr View Post
    Let me know if you want the phone version updated!
    Yes, please! And thank you for considering us!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    cbosdell and gizmo21 like this.
    Thanks for doing this! I would really appreciate an update for my Pre3
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I use(d) it on my TP and Pre 3. So yes please, please update the phone version too.
    Yes... I'm in phone version's group, please!

I has changed my files to Box only for this...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    The user experience is ... terrible. There are many corner cases where authentication might not work (you'd have to try again, and again). It looks like **** and is not very intuitive. Normally I would not release something like this. However, if there are people that actually want this for their Pre's, working, no matter how ugly, then I could do an update. It hurts me that I have to release something so half assed, but there are some show stopper bugs that I have no control over.

Here is an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6it3mvt1c...2012.29.39.mp4

I'm going to focus on the Touchpad today. Let me know if you want the phone version updated!
    I don't think that looks too bad. I'm guessing that is webOS 2.x? I have a similar experience with a website I use where the browser displays the background in black when the browser is maximized but looks right when it is carded. Looks perfect on 1.4.5.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/03/2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: to fix formatting
    I would love a working product for my Pre 3. Has anyone heard from the developer of Dropboxify? I submitted a ticket over a week ago. I received an auto-reply that included a case number, then nothing. Anyone have a different experience?
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Thanks so much for working on the webOS version. I am starting my semester tomorrow and realized that dropbox wasn't working on QuickOffice anymore just this morning. I bought dropboxify but I still can't get it to log in on my HP TouchPad. When I hit sign in, the wheel just keeps spinning. Should I just wait a few more days?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kseaston View Post
    I would love a working product for my Pre 3. Has anyone heard from the developer of Dropboxify? I submitted a ticket over a week ago. I received an auto-reply that included a case number, then nothing. Anyone have a different experience?
    This: Dropboxify not working anymore? #75
    Hey everybody, I'm the developer of Dropboxify. I didn't think that anybody still cared about the app, but then noticed all the tickets and found this thread. I'm just one guy, with other responsibilities, so forgive my sluggish response to this problem.

The summary:

Dropboxify HD for the Touchpad will be updated shortly.
    Dropboxify for the Pre, Pre2, Pre3, Pixi update is tentative, read on.

The details:

Dropbox have changed their authentication API and some other minor things. To be clear Dropbox are not to blame here, they've warned me long ago that the change is coming and were very good with offering to help with the transition, etc. Honestly, I didn't think the platform would survive that long.

However, seeing how many people still use the apps, I've set out to update them this week.

On the tablet:

I'm really not happy with the user experience that results from the changes Dropbox have implemented. It really isn't up to my standards. Nonetheless, on the Touchpad I was able to polish it somewhat and the authentication process is OK. The app is working. I have to apply some spit and polish around the edges, and it will go out today for approval.

On to the phones:

The user experience is ... terrible. There are many corner cases where authentication might not work (you'd have to try again, and again). It looks like **** and is not very intuitive. Normally I would not release something like this. However, if there are people that actually want this for their Pre's, working, no matter how ugly, then I could do an update. It hurts me that I have to release something so half assed, but there are some show stopper bugs that I have no control over.

I'm going to focus on the Touchpad today. Let me know if you want the phone version updated!
    PHONE VERSION.....PLEASE!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Hey everybody, I'm the developer of Dropboxify. I didn't think that anybody still cared about the app, but then noticed all the tickets and found this thread. I'm just one guy, with other responsibilities, so forgive my sluggish response to this problem.

The summary:

The details:

Dropbox have changed their authentication API and some other minor things. To be clear Dropbox are not to blame here, they've warned me long ago that the change is coming and were very good with offering to help with the transition, etc. Honestly, I didn't think the platform would survive that long.

However, seeing how many people still use the apps, I've set out to update them this week.

On the tablet:

I'm really not happy with the user experience that results from the changes Dropbox have implemented. It really isn't up to my standards. Nonetheless, on the Touchpad I was able to polish it somewhat and the authentication process is OK. The app is working. I have to apply some spit and polish around the edges, and it will go out today for approval.

On to the phones:

Thanks so much for working on this!

A Touchpad version is the higher priority for me, and is literally one of the most important, enabling apps for me to be able to use my Touchpad as a true workhorse.

The phone version (I have a Pre3) is less critical, but I'd still love it to work! It would also enable me to use the Pre3 much more fully.

Thanks again!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755 > Palm Pre > [Pre 2] > [Pre3], Touchpad > iPhone 4S

Interaction designer looking for an opportunity to change the world for the better. Gadget/connected device fantasist. Distributed Cognition fan. Sci-fi/fantasy fan.
    I'll do a phone a version as well.

The Touchpad update has been sitting in "Ready for Review." =(
    I hope that somebody at HP is still reviewing apps/updates.
    Rnp, sshaka, carldc and 5 others like this.
    Thanks! My Preł told that the like you!

PS: Just a detail... one of this links in your signature is broken...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    sshaka likes this.

The summary:

The details:

On the tablet:

On to the phones:

love "any" update tbh, also the version for the pre3 for me at least works fine, if you considered it "bad" its useable bad for me at least, i have no issues with it or its UI. Minus auth issue i find it a good app tbh.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    sshaka likes this.
    I'll do a phone a version as well.

The Touchpad update has been sitting in "Ready for Review." =(
    I hope that somebody at HP is still reviewing apps/updates.
    What a good news!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR EFFORT!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    The Dropboxify HD app posted to the catalog yesterday. I updated today, but I still could not log in to my Dropbox after the update. I had to remove the program and re-install it, and then everything worked. I wanted to post this in case anyone else had my problem.

For your extra work, pacemkr, I'd be willing to make a donation if there's a way to do it. Thank you very much for updating the app!
    Shadowhawk likes this.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Yes! Please update the phone version too. The higher quality camera on my Pre3 can very quickly record a video that is too big to email. Since getting my Pre 3, Dropboxify has been indispensable. I regularly use it to upload videos from my phone on the fly.
    The Dropboxify HD app posted to the catalog yesterday. I updated today, but I still could not log in to my Dropbox after the update. I had to remove the program and re-install it, and then everything worked. I wanted to post this in case anyone else had my problem.

For your extra work, pacemkr, I'd be willing to make a donation if there's a way to do it. Thank you very much for updating the app!
    Thanks for the tip! I had to delete the app and reinstall also. But once I did and re-authenticatednthe app with Dropbox (done in-app), the app seemed to work just fine.

I echo the sentiment about being willing to make a donation for your continued development work here!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755 > Palm Pre > [Pre 2] > [Pre3], Touchpad > iPhone 4S

Interaction designer looking for an opportunity to change the world for the better. Gadget/connected device fantasist. Distributed Cognition fan. Sci-fi/fantasy fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I had to delete the app and reinstall also. But once I did and re-authenticatednthe app with Dropbox (done in-app), the app seemed to work just fine.

I echo the sentiment about being willing to make a donation for your continued development work here!
    I'd be willing to donate as well. Dropboxify now works perfectly on my clunky but much beloved Touchpad.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    use dropbox because I have all my university notes, documents dropbox always see in my touchpad, but many times I have to share right through the phone pre 3 would be nice upgrade for the tablet and pre3

thanks-.

now working my touchpad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    geekpeter likes this.