Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Is there any working webOS Dropbox app left? If not, and if there's enough interest, I might create a Dropbox app with the tabbed interface of FTPit!.
    I would pay for that
    Rnp and sshaka like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    There are many more apps that stop the Dropbox sync...

Apart from Droboxify there is Gemini, Quick Office, TapNote and I am sure I am forgetting some...
    We got apps to sync to Box or Skydrive but I loved the integration...

Vas
    TapNote is working well right now!!!
    Is there any working webOS Dropbox app left? If not, and if there's enough interest, I might create a Dropbox app with the tabbed interface of FTPit!.
    If you make one I will buy it too ! Thanks for supporting WebOS
    Made some good progress. Hope to finish it before I go on vacation.
    Didn't make it, so development will continue in 2.5 weeks.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Rnp, ananimus, cbosdell and 5 others like this.
    Didn't make it, so development will continue in 2.5 weeks.
    If possible the thing a new app would need (especially to compensate for apps like piscle etc not working) is being able to choose file handlers within the app.
    sshaka likes this.
    The strange thing is that Dropbox seems to have proper Synergy out of the box on webOS 3.0.5, however the code that seems to do the authentication has been commented out. I did a search in all the files inside the Doctor and didn't find anywhere else where it could possibly do the authentication....

Does each app itself take care of that somehow? I thought that's why we have Synergy?
    From the browser also does not work for me. Gives an error when trying to download a file
    @Herrie: That's because AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Synergy$ $doesn$'$t$ $use$ $tokens$ $to$ $authenticate$ $to$ $Dropbox$ $whereas$ $at$ $least$ $Dropboxify$ $HD$ $does$. $And$ $tokens$ $are$ $deprecated$ $now$ $which$ $is$ $why$ $DHD$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $anymore$.

@cgonzalez: That's because you need this patch in order to do download Dropbox files from the browser: [Patch request] Downloading documents from secured sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I sent requests to Picsel and Quickoffice, not optimistic they will update the apps, since they knew about the change since August 2012 and haven't updated before now.
    Finally got the "official" reply from Picsel:

"Thank you for contacting us about Smart Office.

Although our Smart Office product has been made available on your device, we are not planning an updated release for it. We are pleased to be able to help with work-arounds and advice, but do not expect to be able to improve the product with specific enhancements.

Our primary devices are Apple iOS and Google Android, both phone and tablet sizes.

Best regards,
    Roger
    Picsel product support"
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Finally got the "official" reply from Picsel:

"Thank you for contacting us about Smart Office.

Although our Smart Office product has been made available on your device, we are not planning an updated release for it. We are pleased to be able to help with work-arounds and advice, but do not expect to be able to improve the product with specific enhancements.

Our primary devices are Apple iOS and Google Android, both phone and tablet sizes.

Best regards,
    Roger
    Picsel product support"

What a shame...expected however!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    I know its not great, but for now

m.dropbox.com works.

You can use this for the time being to access your dropbox account
    Does anybody already opened a ticket at https://dogood.fogbugz.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit? I just created one, hope someone will answer :/
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    What a shame...expected however!!!
    I got the same response from Picsel product support
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    My work around is this:
    On my desktop, I have Box.net desktop sync running as I do Dropbox. I have my Dropbox folder inside my Box folder so it syncs to both services. Now, on my Touchpad, I can open via Box (in Quickoffice or Box.net app, not Picsel). Works pretty good. On my iPhone (yes, I had to move away from my Pre2 when it died and work would only replace with iPhone) I use Dropbox or Box.net apps to open files. On desktop, I use Dropbox most of the time.

Sure miss using Dropboxify though...
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Hey everybody, I'm the developer of Dropboxify. I didn't think that anybody still cared about the app, but then noticed all the tickets and found this thread. I'm just one guy, with other responsibilities, so forgive my sluggish response to this problem.

The summary:

Dropboxify HD for the Touchpad will be updated shortly.
    Dropboxify for the Pre, Pre2, Pre3, Pixi update is tentative, read on.

The details:

Dropbox have changed their authentication API and some other minor things. To be clear Dropbox are not to blame here, they've warned me long ago that the change is coming and were very good with offering to help with the transition, etc. Honestly, I didn't think the platform would survive that long.

However, seeing how many people still use the apps, I've set out to update them this week.

On the tablet:

I'm really not happy with the user experience that results from the changes Dropbox have implemented. It really isn't up to my standards. Nonetheless, on the Touchpad I was able to polish it somewhat and the authentication process is OK. The app is working. I have to apply some spit and polish around the edges, and it will go out today for approval.

On to the phones:

The user experience is ... terrible. There are many corner cases where authentication might not work (you'd have to try again, and again). It looks like **** and is not very intuitive. Normally I would not release something like this. However, if there are people that actually want this for their Pre's, working, no matter how ugly, then I could do an update. It hurts me that I have to release something so half assed, but there are some show stopper bugs that I have no control over.

Here is an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6it3mvt1c...2012.29.39.mp4

I'm going to focus on the Touchpad today. Let me know if you want the phone version updated!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Very happy to have any working Dropboxify to use on my Touchpad. Thank you!
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
  17. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by pacemkr View Post
    Hey everybody, I'm the developer of Dropboxify. I didn't think that anybody still cared about the app, but then noticed all the tickets and found this thread. I'm just one guy, with other responsibilities, so forgive my sluggish response to this problem.

The summary:

On to the phones:

The user experience is ... terrible. There are many corner cases where authentication might not work (you'd have to try again, and again). It looks like **** and is not very intuitive. Normally I would not release something like this. However, if there are people that actually want this for their Pre's, working, no matter how ugly, then I could do an update. It hurts me that I have to release something so half assed, but there are some show stopper bugs that I have no control over.

Here is an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6it3mvt1c...2012.29.39.mp4

I'm going to focus on the Touchpad today. Let me know if you want the phone version updated!
    Yes please, count me in for the phone version -being using this for the past year and have come to rely on it many thanks in advance

Vito
    cbosdell, eKeith, Rnp and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    Yes please, count me in for the phone version -being using this for the past year and have come to rely on it many thanks in advance

Vito
    I also would really like the update to the phone version. It's better than where we are now.

Thanks!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)

The summary:

I am appreciative of your efforts for the Touchpad (what I used it most on) and if you can I also like it on my Pre 3 since that always goes with me. Thanks for not forgetting about us.
    I am in Australia, where it's already morning on Jun 1, and this is wonderful news to wake up to. Thanks for not abandoning us. I love Dropboxify, and was very sorry when it stopped working on my Touchpad.
    twillian likes this.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast