Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes
    to be fair the app does work, the issue at hand is that something is going wrong for "some" users causing the app to not work for them, which is weird esp when some mention it doesnt work on the same phones that it does work for others.

problem is finding out the differences between people with the same phones and find why it works for 1 and not another.

what phones and phone os version are people finding dropboxify does not work on?

im European Pre3 / 2.2.4 and all ok.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I don't think it has got anything to do with the phone itself. I have a European Pre3 running webOS 2.2.4 just like you.

My suspicion is that Dropbox at some point changed something with their authentication method. All those of you who have set up their account before the change seem to have some authentication token on the phone which still works, but logging into an account for the first time using username/password in order to create the authentication token fails.

I guess that you cannot create a new Dropbox account and log into that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    I don't think it has got anything to do with the phone itself. I have a European Pre3 running webOS 2.2.4 just like you.

My suspicion is that Dropbox at some point changed something with their authentication method. All those of you who have set up their account before the change seem to have some authentication token on the phone which still works, but logging into an account for the first time using username/password in order to create the authentication token fails.

I guess that you cannot create a new Dropbox account and log into that either.
    maybe we can confirm this perhaps by making a new account and attempting to log into that and see if the new one fails.

EDIT: yarp, created a new account, doesnt work on dropboxify, old one however logs in fine.
    /me mass googles wth is wrong
    Last edited by geekpeter; 03/23/2013 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    to be fair the app does work
    So, in the light of your own latest findings, it is perfectly fair to say that the app does not work for people that are buying it just right now! There should be a warning in the App Catalog until the developer updates the app to work with the current Dropbox authentication mechanism.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    So, in the light of your own latest findings, it is perfectly fair to say that the app does not work for people that are buying it just right now! There should be a warning in the App Catalog until the developer updates the app to work with the current Dropbox authentication mechanism.
    to be fair again, it "did" work, and after some googling around its the dropbox ppl that have changed something, saw heaps of posts about other people on different OS having the same issues.

also theres the fact that a lot of apps on the catalogue are abandoned or just rarely updated, it "did" work at some point or my primary account wouldnt work, just means the dropbox ppl stuffed something up somewhere and since then the required changes havent been updated into the app.

guessing its because most ppl who use it have had it working for some time, whats strange tho is that id recently doctored my pre3, and it still worked after an app restore, yet the fresh account made still doesnt do squat atm.

weird.
    to be fair again, it "did" work
    I don't understand your insisting in "fairness". I have never claimed that it didn't work in the past. If it hadn't worked, it would not have sold so well and had such good reviews. But fact is, for new buyers it just DOES NOT WORK anymore. There's no fairness to those who now waste their money.

and after some googling around its the dropbox ppl that have changed something, saw heaps of posts about other people on different OS having the same issues.
    I have never claimed that it was Dropboxify's fault. The result however is the same. And I have stated that contacting support resulted in silence.

also theres the fact that a lot of apps on the catalogue are abandoned or just rarely updated, it "did" work at some point or my primary account wouldnt work, just means the dropbox ppl stuffed something up somewhere and since then the required changes havent been updated into the app.
    Yes, but what are you saying? That it is still a useful app for new buyers? That it should still get advertised? That criticism is "unfair" because it works for you and all lucky buyers of the past? And BTW, there's a big difference between non-maintained apps in the App Catalog that still work and non-maintained apps in the App Catalog that do not work anymore.

guessing its because most ppl who use it have had it working for some time, whats strange tho is that id recently doctored my pre3, and it still worked after an app restore, yet the fresh account made still doesnt do squat atm.

weird.
    Not so weird at all. If the authentication token is backed up to your Palm profile, then it gets restored after doctoring and entering your Palm profile account data just like your other data comes back.

But that's my last statement regarding this issue. I have made my point clear and I hope that this thread helps potential new buyers to stay away from the - previously working (to be fair!) - non-working app Dropboxify.
    who exactly is going to "vet" all the old apps? tbh that doesnt even happen on googles or apples stores either.
    to be fair the app does work, the issue at hand is that something is going wrong for "some" users causing the app to not work for them, which is weird esp when some mention it doesnt work on the same phones that it does work for others.

problem is finding out the differences between people with the same phones and find why it works for 1 and not another.

what phones and phone os version are people finding dropboxify does not work on?

im European Pre3 / 2.2.4 and all ok.
    The thing the few the posters with trouble have in common (including me) appears to be recently making fresh installs and having never used Dropboxify before. Is that correct? If so, perhaps there's something on the server side that's changed in setting up initial app permissions?

At any rate, I had sent an email to the dev back when I made my last post here and haven't heard back yet. I think we're SOL.
    yes the dropbox side of things changed, if you google around theres heaps of people even on other OS who had the exact same issue, my point was that the dev had it working "at the time" and now that hes probably moved on, its not really his problem.
    now that hes probably moved on, its not really his problem.
    That's all well and good, but the bloke could pull the app or stop new purchases. People are tossing spare bucks his way for a not-working thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    That's all well and good, but the bloke could pull the app or stop new purchases. People are tossing spare bucks his way for a not-working thing.
    then he's quids in, same happens on android and apple stores tbh, loads of abandoned stuff, at least on googles store you have 15mins to change your mind, then again theres loads of apps where ppl have had to spend more than those 15mins trying to get it working ro downloading extras and miss out.
    I have the same issue!! in both: Dropboxify HD and Dropboxify for my Pre3.
    I have no idea what´s happen
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Dropbox access also appears to be broken in Gemini File Manager, QuickOffice, and Picsel Smart Office. Looks like there might have been an authentication API change.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdillon View Post
    Dropbox access also appears to be broken in Gemini File Manager, QuickOffice, and Picsel Smart Office. Looks like there might have been an authentication API change.
    Same here. BOX is still working though.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I went to use dropboxify and it wouldn't connect to download anything. Kept stating download failed then states offline try refreshing. So I checked my account info and it was missing and I cannot reenter the log in and password. Uninstalled and reinstalled app and now it won't sign in at all.

Has anybody had this problem? I hope this isn't the end for another useful app on webOS.
    Yeah I've had the same problem. I cant even log in. My guess is that Dropbox changed something with security or login.

I've been using mobile site.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Well goodbye dropbox...
    Such a shame. I wonder if we should even hope for a maintenance update. This isn't the straw that will break the camel's back for me, but I can't say it makes it any easier to stick with webOS, especially since I still have my iPhone 4 in a drawer...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I am having this problem, too. I sure hope they fix it. I use the Dropbox app every day.
    yeah this sucks. dropbox is the most useful app on my tp.

Somebody help!
    <<thread moved to app forum>>
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast