Finally got around to creating this support thread...
File Explorer is a fast and simple file manager for webOS phones and the TouchPad with some powerful features.
Since v1.1.0 there's a plugin to enable full root access (webOS 3 only).
• Create, e-mail, delete, move, copy and rename files and folders
• Built-in text editor for editing files
• Open files in their standard apps
• Uses a smart multi-select feature to perform actions on multiple files/folders
• Sort the file list by name, type, size or modification date
• Power scroll gesture to reach the top/bottom of a file list
• ...and much more!
Download it here for free and install it using WebOS Quick Install or Preware (sha256: 219b4c8cbb99b5b9ef8f4f4920bf72eb79af2314b1a9efd244c31e8766a7d071)
Advanced users: Add my Preware feed http://pcworldsoftware.kilu.net/files/webos/ to Preware (note that I'm not responsible if that feed gets taken over by some hostile party)
or search for "File Explorer" in the App Catalog
File Explorer, a handy file browser for TouchPad and webOS smartphones | webOS Nation
Gain full access to your TouchPad with File Explorer (homebrew) | webOS Nation
Rename files directly on your webOS device | webOS Nation
Feedback is welcome!