1.    #1  
    Hi,

is it just me or is the search funktion on https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.app.facebook broken? I always get the message "The application is not currently available. Please try again later.", like the website interpret my search as a packet identifier? oO

Is there an other way to search in the AppCatalog beside on my webOS Device?

Greets, pattyland
    Last edited by pattyland; 02/01/2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Yeah, I sometimes get that and then a few hours later it works again. Seems to be buggy.
    Google's bots still crawl the App Catalog web listings, so you can kinda search it with Google.

You have to start your search with "site:developer.palm.com/appredirect" and the follow it with your search terms.

For example: "site:developer.palm.com/appredirect facebook"

If you're thinking, "Gee, that seems less than ideal", well, you're not wrong.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4.    #4  
    I tried to search again, and even a day later the same error message...

To bad this happened

I tookthe idea from Derek Kessler and take it a little further: webOS App Search

A costum Google search only for the HP AppCatalog, with autocomplete and images preview... Would ne a nice idea to intregate that on a nice little site, or even in webos nation if the official search is broken all the time?
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    There is no web search in the App Catalog - at least not from HP/Palm This is what I'm missing since I have bought my TouchPad and Pre3.

I have tried your search, but e.g. it doesn't find "tennis in your face" which seems to be a new game from 10tons I have just discovered today in the App Catalog on my TouchPad.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  6.    #6  
    This search relies on Google, and sometimes even google needs a few days to index the new apps Neo, the new Twitter App which is the AppCatalog since on week is already in the index
    I don't know if is because I live in Brazil, but a long time I cannot see this apps pages... no one... more than one year, in true...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    This search relies on Google, and sometimes even google needs a few days to index the new apps
    I know - thank you for your work, I'm sure I'll use it now and then.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I don't know if is because I live in Brazil, but a long time I cannot see this apps pages... no one... more than one year, in true...

Best Regards...
    o_O What do you see if you try to open https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.app.facebook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pattyland; 02/01/2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Just to correcting me: I tested now and I can see the Facebook & Facebook Tablet, no other that I tried to access. No one.

Strange, because more than one year ago, I could see...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)