Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    can ofc make the google news feed/search more complicated/specific to trim out un-needed news.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    I would like to see an article! Just thinking about trying owncloud
    Great perhaps we get a series of articles dealing with alternative own cloud solutions besides zarafa and owncloud, could also be SyncML (user: Garfonso) or Tine 2.0 (seems to used from some german webos users)
  3.    #43  
    I just made few changes to Pivot:

• There is no SnapScroller anymore, so the scrolling should be more natural
    • Added a line to show the date, author and website of an author
    • Added Google News search for "webos" as a source for the Pivot generator

We will see if Google got us some nice articles or more unrelated garbage

Besides that I change the status of this project to beta, as I think the biggest errors are fixed

I see that there are only 11-12 devices getting my pivot, come on, there must be more than 12 touchpad owner who are sick of the Sports Issue?
    true but in the end i think i kept seeing adverts and stuff that didnt look very "app cat" so ended up not using it, might be utterly awesome but think it needed a bit of a "look of its own" and reformatting to look the part.

the main reason tho is that my tweaks app has started rebooting my system again on launch (so cant edit the pivot changes required) and wont fix, last time(s) i had this i had to wait till my device needed a doctoring to fix it, but at the stage my touchpad(s) are in atm with out app selection dwindling i dont want to risk restarting and potentially losing an app i may have forgotten to backup.
    I'd love to see some updates to this. Soooo BUMP!
    well people have been asking about the lack of news on webosnation, patty's work here should be the next best thing tbh to fill that gap.

im guesing another reason for the lul in pattys project is the fact that not very many people actually visit the app catalogue these days given that theres virtually nothing of use in there these days beyond the "core" good stuff we probably all have already.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    well people have been asking about the lack of news on webosnation, patty's work here should be the next best thing tbh to fill that gap.

im guesing another reason for the lul in pattys project is the fact that not very many people actually visit the app catalogue these days given that theres virtually nothing of use in there these days beyond the "core" good stuff we probably all have already.
    I can understand that logic. I really do miss Pivot. It was such a cool way to spread the word about new apps. The more sources for webOS news/apps/updates the better. I hope Patty jumps back in soon.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  8.    #48  
    What you do mean? My Pivot is updating every Sunday evening, with news from webOS Nation and Google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by pattyland; 08/31/2013 at 01:41 PM.
    What you do mean? My Pivot is updating every Sunday evening, with news from webOS Nation and Google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Hmmm perhaps I did something wrong. I was able to pull up your pivot but no pictures and all of the dates were incorrect. Article links worked by they were from 2011. I'll take another look and maybe take a screenshot.
  10.    #50  
    Unfortunately the RSS Feeds generated from Google containing no images The articles from webOS Nation looked good, but they stopped writing new ones

My server is in Germany and running with a German timezone too, maybe this could lead to weird dates (for you)?
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post

I'm not sure what App Catalogue you use but I see new stuff once a week. It's not much but the fact that new stuff is coming in (a few apps a week) gives me a smile on my face, it's not over yet!
    Oh yeah, deffo new stuff yeah, but nothing so far thats caught my eye.
  13.    #53  
    I've updated my statistics page: Stats | pattyland's Pivot

Not really a stampede ...
    Unfortunately the RSS Feeds generated from Google containing no images The articles from webOS Nation looked good, but they stopped writing new ones

My server is in Germany and running with a German timezone too, maybe this could lead to weird dates (for you)?
    Just set up my new touchpad today. Thanks RumoredNow! I got tweaks installed and enabled your pivot. I believe it is working appropriately. Thanks. How hard would it be to pen an article with pictures specifically for your pivot? I'd love to test it out to see how good we could make it look.
  15.    #55  
    @alanmorford: Totally easy. Write me a PM with a username and an email address, and I create an account on pattyland&#039;s Pivot for you.
    There you can write and style your article in an WYSIWYG editor like in Word!
    Awesome! There's got to be a better WYSIWYG editor out there than Word. I'll look around. Thanks I'm very excited. Anybody else want to get in on this?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Awesome! There's got to be a better WYSIWYG editor out there than Word.
    The Seamonkey all-in-one web browser has a nice WYSIWYG HTML composer. It's based upon the Mozilla source code.
  18.    #58  
    I want to stop the project "pattyland's Pivot" now, to start a new one: http://forums.webosnation.com/genera...-pivot-ce.html

Now more pattyland bute more community. We want a new server, a new domain and new writers; But we need your help: webOS Pivot CE by Sören Müller - GoFundMe

@Mod: This Thread can be closed now!
    I want to stop the project "pattyland's Pivot" now, to start a new one: http://forums.webosnation.com/genera...-pivot-ce.html

Now more pattyland bute more community. We want a new server, a new domain and new writers; But we need your help: webOS Pivot CE by Sören Müller - GoFundMe

@Mod: This Thread can be closed now!
    maybe ask the internals guys if their server(s) can be used for the project if it follows their rules/regs/etc, cant think of many people with persistant servers for this type of thing just lying around, cant hurt to ask, at most someone just says no.
  20.    #60  
    @geekpeter: Thx for your comment! I thought about that, but we need cronjobs etc, which would probably problematically here. I already have the system ready to go and a Wordpress Multisite Installation to minimize the maintenance process of the system
    I just need more space, a domain and maybe a few bucks for license stuff etc.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast