Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Great idee to take Tasks to the TP.

I've problems to install the patches. Sometimes the patch will be installed -> but nothing changed.
    Now i get the following error if i install the patch (see attachment) - at both methods, internalzPro and QuickInstall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    prego
    Rnp likes this.
    I'm personally interested in an Enyo(2) rewrite of the Tasks app and I'll gladly volunteer as a tester
    Rnp likes this.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by prego View Post
    Great idee to take Tasks to the TP.

I've problems to install the patches. Sometimes the patch will be installed -> but nothing changed.
    Now i get the following error if i install the patch (see attachment) - at both methods, internalzPro and QuickInstall.
    It seems you try to install the patch over already patched files (=previous patch is still installed). Only install one of the two patches like mentioned in the first posting ! You can uninstall a patch in Preware which is recommended and the only method i tested.
    You said "nothing changed.", have you already fully restarted (not only luna) the TP?

[Updated first post to be more clear]
    Rnp likes this.
    unimportant!
    Last edited by prego; 03/12/2013 at 12:11 PM.
    prego
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    [...]
    You said "nothing changed.", have you already fully restarted (not only luna) the TP?
    next venture:

- remove all patches
    - install tasks && reboot -> OK, Tasks runs
    - install patch && reboot -> Tasks runs but no notification, no fullscreen

did i forget something?
    prego
    next venture:

- remove all patches
    - install tasks && reboot -> OK, Tasks runs
    - install patch && reboot -> Tasks runs but no notification, no fullscreen

did i forget something?
    so far so go - last step:
    post #34 referred in the first post too.
    Apply that patch and see if that works out for you.
    If I remember correctly only Luna restart is needed but Internalz Pro will tell you to do it.
    P.S. Funny I forgot I have it in my signature
    P.S. for full screen and the notifications working you only need to put that patch nothing else - so if you installed any other patch in this thread I suggest to to repeat step 1 and apply only the full screen one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    so far so go - last step:
    post #34 referred in the first post too.
    Apply that patch and see if that works out for you.
    [...].
    i meant the patch referred in #34-> nothing changed
    prego
    check if you have /etc/palm/activities/com.palm.app.tasks/com.palm.app.tasks.firstrun.json on your device.
    So the patch applied fine and you didn't get any errors?
    Notifications will come up only if you have task due date that is in the past and not completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    check if you have /etc/palm/activities/com.palm.app.tasks/com.palm.app.tasks.firstrun.json on your device.
    So the patch applied fine and you didn't get any errors?
    Notifications will come up only if you have task due date that is in the past and not completed.
    Yes, patch applied fine without errors.
    Notification works after i check a task and then unchecked again.

But no fullscreen?!

Back-Button is applied.
    Last edited by prego; 03/12/2013 at 05:39 PM.
    prego
    Check if you have appinfo.json.webosinternals.orig in the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks and also if you have appinfo.json with line of code "uiRevision": "2".
    That's all I can think of.
  11.    #51  
    i had the same on going back to phone size which didn't work even when unistalling the fullscreen patch. I managed it by installing again the IPK and copying again the content to /usr/palm/application. You would the have to applying the full screen patch again. sorry for the inconvenience.
    i had the same on going back to phone size which didn't work even when unistalling the fullscreen patch. I managed it by installing again the IPK and copying again the content to /usr/palm/application. You would the have to applying the full screen patch again. sorry for the inconvenience.
    no chance!
    if i install the IPK again it isn't possible to install the patch again - only uninstall with errors. EPR helps. New IPK-Install, copy and install the patch again works - but no fullscreen. Back-Button and Notification is OK.
    The line in appinfo.json "uiRevision": "2" is implemented.
    prego
    no chance!
    if i install the IPK again it isn't possible to install the patch again - only uninstall with errors. EPR helps. New IPK-Install, copy and install the patch again works - but no fullscreen. Back-Button and Notification is OK.
    The line in appinfo.json "uiRevision": "2" is implemented.
    Since the Tasks app runs in the background if you patch it - hence the notifications working you need to make sure that all the paths are correct and when removing the patch and before trying to apply it make sure that you pull down the app ad then release it to fly off the screen this kills apps that work in the background as email messaging and photos. It might be possible that these files are locked by luna and they patch fine but don't survive luna or device restart.
    Make sure that you move the files installed thru the ipk and not just copy them over. I think I had weird 1.5 images while testing the patch because at first I had pre3 doctor task app isntalled.
    Hope that helps.
  14.    #54  
    nearly complete "kill" of all processes of an app is posible with app "JSTop" (it works like an task manager or linux top) perhaps. Do this before re-installing ipk, re-copying, re-applying a patch. How do you copy your content over? Internalz Pro (Expert mode enabled?).
    You could try the artworxx script (linked in first post) and re-apply patch afterwards.
    Else i'm quite at the end of my knowlegde - i just can say it works here.
    @ 60RH
    @ gizmo21

Thanks al lot for your help - i tried out a lot - uninstall/delete/reboot/install/patch, i kill processes, i checked all your infos, i build a new ipk, i checked the sourcecode of the taskapp (the patch is included), don't know what else: no fullscreen

The last experiment: the artworxx script -> this works

Some images were too large, so i copied the images of the pre2-doctor-task-app to the TP - pretty good!
    The background-image of the tasks-list was't large enough so i scrape out a small piece of it and change the background-repeat-style to repeat (was: repeat-x) .

Now it's great and i'll be happy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    prego
  16.    #56  
    Did you always try it with the Pre3 doctor files before?
    Perhaps that was the problem (see Post 1 - i bolded Pre2 there now).

But i'm glad you managed it. - Diese Badewanne hast Du dir aber verdient
    Did you always try it with the Pre3 doctor files before?
    Perhaps that was the problem (see Post 1 - i bolded Pre2 there now).
    No, i tried it with the right Unlocked Pre2 doctor files and everything was OK: back button and notification. Except the fullscreen didn't work. Anyway.

But i'm glad you managed it. - Diese Badewanne hast Du dir aber verdient
    Yes, die Badewanne! Aber eigentlich muss ich dem Installateur mitteilen, ob ich eine 160er oder 170er Wanne will - und die Entscheidung ist momentan schwieriger als Task-Apps zu installieren...
    prego
  18.    #58  
    Yes, die Badewanne! Aber eigentlich muss ich dem Installateur mitteilen, ob ich eine 160er oder 170er Wanne will - und die Entscheidung ist momentan schwieriger als Task-Apps zu installieren...
    Da wäre ich ja ausnahmsweise mal bei "je größer, desto besser", aber das ist ein anderes Thema.
    [/end offtopic]
    Da wäre ich ja ausnahmsweise mal bei "je größer, desto besser", aber das ist ein anderes Thema.
    [/end offtopic]
    Besides the bathtub german humor(thanks to google translate) if you have /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/app/images/1.5 on your device it'll be the pre2 doctor.
    Anyway the patch is based on the webosdoctorp224pre2wr doctor so if you used something different that might be the issue.
    About the way you fixed it.
    I had that:
    + background:url(../images/list-backdrop.png) top left repeat-x;
    + background-size:contain;

I guess that does the same as just repeat in the original background tag
    Although the problem wasn't there but the groups-list-separator-thick.png being too "thick" when I stretched it to 100%.
    Hope next time somebody tries that it'll work if not I guess I need to revisit the patch and figure out what is wrong.
  20.    #60  
    you meant: "images/1.5 on your device it'll be the pre3 doctor." - right cause Pre3 has 1.5times the screen width of Pre2.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast