Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I still find it amazing that WebOS team never released the WebOS 2.2.4 on Verizon for Pre 2 users
    Mind you, this is the same Verizon that finally released webOS 2.1 for the Pre 2 in mid-August 2011, five months after every other carrier released it in early March.

In other words, it took longer for Verizon to release 2.1 than for HP to release the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Mind you, this is the same Verizon that finally released webOS 2.1 for the Pre 2 in mid-August 2011, five months after every other carrier released it in early March.

In other words, it took longer for Verizon to release 2.1 than for HP to release the Touchpad.
    Well, it all can be blamed for HP and its incompetence with dealing with WebOS...Well, if WebOS will continue it's course with HP backing it up and more HP doing it's work(instead of wasting time) I'm sure Pre 2 users could had an updated version of WebOS 2.2.4 on Verizon.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    So I was digging thru the code after the article on front page and was sure that notifications should work.
    Well, finally I figured it out!
    All you need is to add a folder and a file that will be executed on boot up.
    Use the method of extracting it on the first post:
    /etc/palm/activities/com.palm.app.tasks/com.palm.app.tasks.firstrun.json

P.S.:
    1.the com.palm.app.tasks folder is not there on TP so it needs to be created first and then copy over the json file.
    2.I've only tried that on the emulator but it should work on actual device too(will do it later tonight).

P.S.S. OP can you add to the first post so it's easier for everybody.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rnp likes this.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    So I was digging thru the code after the article on front page and was sure that notifications should work.
    Well, finally I figured it out!
    All you need is to add a folder and a file that will be executed on boot up.
    Use the method of extracting it on the first post:
    /etc/palm/activities/com.palm.app.tasks/com.palm.app.tasks.firstrun.json

P.S.:
    1.the com.palm.app.tasks folder is not there on TP so it needs to be created first and then copy over the json file.
    2.I've only tried that on the emulator but it should work on actual device too(will do it later tonight).

P.S.S. OP can you add to the first post so it's easier for everybody.
    will test it on my device and update 1. post. thx

infact as i did not have the time to create the patch for enable tasks option in the acoount, i think about merging your file into that patch (file creation should be possible in patch i think). I even thought about making the whole thing as patch, but the binary images will be problem as well as copyright? on distributing whole jsjsjs $files$.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    will test it on my device and update 1. post. thx

infact as i did not have the time to create the patch for enable tasks option in the acoount, i think about merging your file into that patch (file creation should be possible in patch i think). I even thought about making the whole thing as patch, but the binary images will be problem as well as copyright? on distributing whole jsjsjs $files$.
    Not sure you can add missing file and directory thru patch file but I might be wrong.
  6.    #26  
    works

This patch is only an add-on to fix some of the known limitations. You need all the stuff done mentioned in first post of this thread or main blog article.

This patch includes:
    • enabling account option tasks like shown in post #16 (please set this to original before applying)
    • enabling notifications like shown in post #23

FULL REBOOT NEEDED

full credits for this patch go to greenoyster and 60RH

submitted to preware
    Attached Files Attached Files
    cbosdell likes this.
  7.    #27  
    this second patch includes all modifications above plus enabling fullscreen with back buttons.
    (please only apply one OR the other patch)

sadly the grafix aren't completely fullscreen compatible, so i won't submit this to preware

full credits to artxxork, i took his modfications out of the script he wrote in post #18

use this patch file now with enhanced grafix:
    Rnp likes this.
    this second patch includes all modifications above plus enabling fullscreen with back buttons.

sadly the grafix aren't completely fullscreen compatible, so i won't submit this to preware

Click to view quoted image

full credits to artxxork, i took his modfications out of the script he wrote in post #18
    Cool. I was working at the full screen patch but you beat me to that
    I guess this is good enough for now. I'll try to figure out if this can be fixed thru the css files or images needs to be stretched.
    One last thing: my suspicion is that the tasks are backuped during the nightly backup that goes on the phones(since they're stored in the palm db - based on the code for the notifications on first run) so I'll hunt down that and hopefully we can have at least daily syncs between the TP and phones

P.S. Seems like all that patching kept you up late
    P.S.S. I guess I learned something new about patch files : /dev/null
    Rnp likes this.
  9.    #29  
    Cool. I was working at the full screen patch but you beat me to that
    I guess this is good enough for now. I'll try to figure out if this can be fixed thru the css files or images needs to be stretched.
    hope my patch is working.
    grafix fix is welcome -
    if we get an upscaled version of all images used as.zip here, we could think about a whole task-app installer patch (without doctor) and the getting images in via webQI or Internals Pro copy from usb.

One last thing: my suspicion is that the tasks are backuped during the nightly backup that goes on the phones(since they're stored in the palm db - based on the code for the notifications on first run) so I'll hunt down that and hopefully we can have at least daily syncs between the TP and phones
    As far as i know Palm backup is only one way, even on same profile for phone/tp.
    Only exception is at first profile login on a new device where it is downloaded ONCE (so your tasks were in that db since day one you logged into TP)
    So perhaps don't invest too much time in this, i only know Impostah seems to be able to restore backups (never tested), but i don't know if it is only the own backups (as it seems even if on same profile devices backup to individual manifests)

P.S. Seems like all that patching kept you up late
    P.S.S. I guess I learned something new about patch files : /dev/null
    No comment on the first one...

I have taken /dev/null taken from ubercalendar patch. It's a bit difficult to create with my winmerge patching setup, but if you know how it should look like, in the end it's all plaintext

I can't get this to install unfortunately. I get the attached error.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I can't get this to install unfortunately. I get the attached error.
    oops sorry, Version 2 is up in the thread containing the paths with correctly starting slashes.
    was too late yesterday. Plz report back
    oops sorry, Version 2 is up in the thread containing the paths with correctly starting slashes.
    was too late yesterday. Plz report back
    That worked thanks.

If anyone used a Pre3 doctor to make the com.palm.app.tasks_1.0_all.ipk to install tasks on the TP I would recommend they grab a Pre2 doctor and use that instead. The phone emulator on the TouchPad isn't compatible with Pre3 apps and doesn't know to look in the /images/1.5/ folder for the images.

I tried moving them to /images/ and they showed up but some of the images are scaled incorrectly on the TouchPad due to the Pre3's larger resolution. The backgrounds, spacers, etc fill up a lot more of the screen but the check-marks, new task icon, etc

I personally created an ipk that uses the higher resolution images when possible but don't think I can distribute that here.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Rnp likes this.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    That worked thanks.

If anyone used a Pre3 doctor to make the com.palm.app.tasks_1.0_all.ipk to install tasks on the TP I would recommend they grab a Pre2 doctor and use that instead. The phone emulator on the TouchPad isn't compatible with Pre3 apps and doesn't know to look in the /images/1.5/ folder for the images.

I tried moving them to /images/ and they showed up but some of the images are scaled incorrectly on the TouchPad due to the Pre3's larger resolution. The backgrounds, spacers, etc fill up a lot more of the screen but the check-marks, new task icon, etc

I personally created an ipk that uses the higher resolution images when possible but don't think I can distribute that here.
    great to see another device working with fullscreen and notifications. Hopefully the non-fullscreen patch is soon accepted in the Preware feed.
    Rnp likes this.
    Got the images fixed. One was in the css the other i the html file in the views.
    Works fine in the emulator and TP.
    Enjoy.
    Feel free to upload that to preware, gizmo21 or let me know if you want me to do it.
    On the sync thing I was looking at the doctor code and \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.dataimport looks very promising.
    I guess the best place to have that is to figure out how to import only the tasks from palm profile.
    Didn't have time to do so so I'll do it some other time
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rnp likes this.
  15.    #35  
    Got the images fixed. One was in the css the other i the html file in the views.
    Works fine in the emulator and TP.
    Enjoy.
    Feel free to upload that to preware, gizmo21 or let me know if you want me to do it.
    You can submit it to Preware feeds, so you can maintain the fullscreen "HD" and me the mojo size one. Plz insert the link to this thread and perhaps make clear that 2.x app has to be extracted/installed before and that only one of the patches can be installed. I called my release "Enable Tasks on Touchpad".
    Rnp likes this.
    You can submit it to Preware feeds, so you can maintain the fullscreen "HD" and me the mojo size one. Plz insert the link to this thread and perhaps make clear that 2.x app has to be extracted/installed before and that only one of the patches can be installed. I called my release "Enable Tasks on Touchpad".
    Ok. I'll do that tonight and for sure I'll link this thread
    Rnp likes this.
    Got the fix submitted to preware as Enable Tasks on Touchpad FullScreen.
    Will update on the status if it goes thru.
    Rnp likes this.
    Got the patch rejected because of course they apply the patch to a clean 3.0.5 image - that doesn't have the phone task app installed. Gizmo21, I'm not sure how your submission is doing for the non full screen one.
    I guess we can do the patch and add all the code of the tasks phone app, although I think this is against the rules but usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/app/controllers/task-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $injected$ $this$ $way$ $to$ $the$ $system$.

Can somebody try this with clean system - although I did that on the emulator and my TP just for sanity sake.
  19.    #39  
    yip, my finally got rejected today. It didn't fail on clean 3.0.5 i think, but in the Mail convo attached Rod rejected because of the things that have to be done before.

Well i don't know about alternatively releasing the artworxx script within an .ipk on webosnations feed for Preware? And applying the patches in the ipk if the root sed commands can't be issued in an app. The needed Commander could perhaps be linked as needed in the package (done with other apps) I think e.g. Save&restore also stores files in /var/svc/ (so out of User space) on installation, so it could be working but is way over my knowledge.

But it would be nice if this great community achievememt would be installable easily. Anyone?
    yip, my finally got rejected today. It didn't fail on clean 3.0.5 i think, but in the Mail convo attached Rod rejected because of the things that have to be done before.

Well i don't know about alternatively releasing the artworxx script within an .ipk on webosnations feed for Preware? And applying the patches in the ipk if the root sed commands can't be issued in an app. The needed Commander could perhaps be linked as needed in the package (done with other apps) I think e.g. Save&restore also stores files in /var/svc/ (so out of User space) on installation, so it could be working but is way over my knowledge.

But it would be nice if this great community achievememt would be installable easily. Anyone?
    Well, I see a lot of patches in the forums that are there exactly for that reason - can't be submitted to preware.
    And this one has an advantage of being on the front page, although a bit early since at the time it didn't have the notifications fixed but still that draw my attention ;-)
    So it is what it is.
    I guess the best way is to have new Enyo(2) app - this way there won't be a need for the patch - 2 birds with one stone. Of course that will take much longer if somebody is willing to do it.
    I'm trying to start learning Enyo2 but have no experience in doing webOS apps of any kind just patching few mojo ones.
    Also judging by the response on this thread and the front page there is not much interest.
    One reason might be the extra steps that need to be taken and the fact that there's no way to sync between devices.
    I myself don't use the tasks app much but it's good to have few todo lists and I find them very useful when packing for a trip - they're time saver just reuse them every time
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast