webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Handwriting App for Touchpad
Handwriting App for Touchpad

Old 01/13/2012, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was wondering if anyone knows when NuttyPad will be released. Are there any other alternatives in the works to input handwriting?
kris_sordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2012, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nothing that I'm aware of yet. Now if you go to the darkside and dual boot with android, there are options... Interested if anyone has any info on NuttyPad though.
Stonerman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2012, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

You might like the new Tuya HD app in the catalog. Really basic, but just a buck.
renater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I didn't think the touchpad had the tech required for handwriting to work, something I was hoping for the touchpad 2. Now I've depressed myself again....

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
dcbo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm surpised no-one has mentioned DoodlePad yet. Costs a few pennies in the App Catalog, but is worth it.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I'm surpised no-one has mentioned DoodlePad yet. Costs a few pennies in the App Catalog, but is worth it.
I'm surprised as well, it's as cheap as the App Catalog allows for a paid app, only .99 and you can still get it here: https://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.jackpot.doodlepad
rrjr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

doodle pad is ok, but i find using a stylus with it is a little patchy. Hard also to get decent small text. That said, its probably the best of the ones available
Old 01/25/2013, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

NuttyPad is the best of the ones available, Doodle Pad is the best of the ones available for *all users* (since NuttyPad is still in closed beta).
Old 01/27/2013, 10:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
NuttyPad is the best of the ones available, Doodle Pad is the best of the ones available for *all users* (since NuttyPad is still in closed beta).
Ok, but can you do everything you can do with Doodle Pad with Nutty Pad? It seams as though Doodle Pad has way more features and the ability to save and import any photo to draw on or edit.

Rich
Old 01/27/2013, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You've already posted this a few days ago.

And yes, the app is OK but it's Mojo and it lacks recognition (it's slow to actually register it I mean). NuttyPad Beta is already miles ahead of Doodle Pad.
Old 01/27/2013, 01:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You can do everything with NuttyPad and even more because NuttyPad has more backgrounds for example and better recognition (it's more optimized). Saving isn't available yet but that will come in the final version that will be released to the public.
Old 01/27/2013, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

<threads merged>

NOTE:

You can always report a duplicated thread and a mod can take care of it.
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 04:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

What do you mean by "handwriting app"?
You can jot notes in Doodle pad but it is saved as an image not a text file.

I have been wanting an app that takes hand writing or Graffity as input but I haven't found one for WebOS. PalmOS and Android both have them.
bs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2013, 08:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
You've already posted this a few days ago.

And yes, the app is OK but it's Mojo and it lacks recognition (it's slow to actually register it I mean). NuttyPad Beta is already miles ahead of Doodle Pad.
I think angry birds is mojo as well. I don't think the platform has anything to do with the quality of an app. And what good is a handwriting or note taking, or drawing app if you can't even save what you did. Oh and Doodle Pad doesn't need to come with backgrounds, it literally allows you to import an infinite number of backgrounds. Pic any image you have saved in your Touchpad and Doodle or Write on it. How cool is that? Sound light years ahead of Nutty Pad and its been in this state for like two years already.
Old 01/28/2013, 05:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@rrj: But in AB you don't see it being Mojo.

Btw, why are you even going into the app being Mojo? That's just *my personal opninion*. Mojo is nice but it doesn't scale well on the TP, that's why I *personally* dislike it.

And with NuttyPad you can also choose your own background when it goes final so at least it's up to par then.
And you can save images, just not in the beta right now but that's what the word *beta* stands for. You can, as a workaround take a screen capture. When NuttyPad goes final for everyone to use it, you will be able to save images.

But still: you didn't even cover what I said about the recognition. Maybe I'll make a video for you to show you how bad DoodlePad really is at registering input vs NuttyPad. That argument I was using at 'miles ahead'. In features it's up to par, in registering input it's miles ahead of DoodlePad.
Old 01/28/2013, 09:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
@rrj: But in AB you don't see it being Mojo.

Btw, why are you even going into the app being Mojo? That's just *my personal opninion*. Mojo is nice but it doesn't scale well on the TP, that's why I *personally* dislike it.

And with NuttyPad you can also choose your own background when it goes final so at least it's up to par then.
And you can save images, just not in the beta right now but that's what the word *beta* stands for. You can, as a workaround take a screen capture. When NuttyPad goes final for everyone to use it, you will be able to save images.

But still: you didn't even cover what I said about the recognition. Maybe I'll make a video for you to show you how bad DoodlePad really is at registering input vs NuttyPad. That argument I was using at 'miles ahead'. In features it's up to par, in registering input it's miles ahead of DoodlePad.
Ok, didn't mean to offend you or make you upset over the app. Just want to be fair to both apps. How are you measuring "registering input"? I mean how do you quantify that, in other words, what exactly Is registering input? The video I saw on Nutty Pad looked like a slow clunky to respond frustrating to use app. But being beta that is understandable, but I haven't seen any videos since.
Old 01/29/2013, 05:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well, that was an old beta. I'm talking about the current beta which I have access to.
I measure that with my fingers and my stylus. DoodlePad doesn't register everything I draw/write while NuttyPad does (same pressure, same text). I need to use a lot of pressure in comparison to NuttyPad.
That is my main drawback from DoodlePad.

I do wanna say: thanks for still supporting webOS though! Before I had access to NuttyPad beta I did buy DoodlePad for the old price and even though the input registering is a bit clunky, it did serve me well a couple of times.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0