Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeN68
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems getting the Kindle app to open? I restarted the device and still only get the pulsing logo at startup and that's it. Is it working for others?

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    Mine"s okay. Sorry.
    Sounds like a corrupted database entry and poor excepton handling by the app
    The Kindle Beta Beta (there is a separate version) doesn't seem to load at all. It seems some of HP's apps insist on loading everything then showing you the GUI. I find AresLog useful for figuring out what's wrong.
    Hi,

reviving this thread, because as of this morning my kindle app (ver 0.11.499820) started to do the same.

Anyone had any luck getting it back?

Regard,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    PM sent
    HerrSchwarz5 likes this.
    I'm unable to sync any new books, but the app does load and I can read what was already downloaded. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I'm good at the obvious things:

Have you tried uninstalling then re-installing? This should force a re-register of the account with Kindle/Amazon.

Presumably internet access is good too?
    also worth checking if youve hit your device limit, kindle only allows you to download/sync a set number of times then you have to delete old devices/entries, weirdly enough 1 day i had the same device listed multiple times, i just deleted all those devices and started again.

also "comic" or picture type books never work for me in kindle beta, only text based books.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Hi,

I did reinstall the aoo and that did the trick - thanks.

@geekpeter: the app didn't launch at all, I don't think that that had anything to do with limits. But thanks anyway for your suggestion - might help someone else coming here looking for a solution.

I like this community!

Regards,
    Uwe
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB