webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Missing Mpeg 2 decoder and MKV
Missing Mpeg 2 decoder and MKV
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie

Old 01/20/2013, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi, Touchpad can't play the VOB or .mpg video file thru DLNA or UPNP or Locally. Where can I find the MPEG 1 and MPEG 2 decoder for Touchpad, And MKV decoder also? Thanks.
timolthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Kalemsoft Media Player would do the trick!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 01/20/2013, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

+1 for Kalemsoft Media Player. You can get it in the App Catalog

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 01:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Herrie and Newman.

I have Kalemsoft Media Player Pro (Not Free one) installed on WebOS. In Android Google App Store ppl rate Kalemsoft Media Player Only 2 Stars.

- i have to convert from VOB to MP4 and save on TP. Playing locally. It is bad and not Smart because if in the folder I have 10 files of MP4, filename 1 to 10. As starts 1 and It does continue play 2, next once 1 is done.

- it does not support DLNA/UPnP. The BHome Pro does but can't play Vob files ripped from DVD.

I have Seagate GoFlex Home. It would be nice that TP support Mpeg 1,2
Old 01/22/2013, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timolthy View Post
- i have to convert from VOB to MP4 and save on TP. Playing locally. It is bad and not Smart because if in the folder I have 10 files of MP4, filename 1 to 10. As starts 1 and It does continue play 2, next once 1 is done.
Trying to follow you on that one... are you saying that it is automatically playing the next movie after one is done? If that's the case, you can turn that off in the settings. Just turn that function off. I never use straight VOB files as everything I have/use is converted to one of the other containers.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Go to Preferences in BHome and scroll down to the "video" section. There you'll find an option to use External Video Player App. I've set mine to KalemSoft Media Player and have had no problems with it (even though there is a warning about it being experimental).

Good luck.
Old 01/22/2013, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hi Newman,

" filename 1 to 10. As starts 1 and It does continue play 2"

- Sorry, missing the important word :-).

I meant the Kalemsoft Media Player does NOT continue to play file 2 then next file (3), once 1 is done (MP4 files, locally, in the same directory).

hrhoades, I will try your suggestion, I hope it will work :-)

However, the Kalemsoft Media Player is kinda annoying, user needs to have PC and need to install the Kalemsoft Media for PC, as well forces user to create the account. (They wanna sell user email address?)

- need to install Kalemsoft Media on PC and create account, Maybe it's Transcoding. But now days, ppl would spend couple $100-200 to buy the NAS or DLNA/UPnP small device and leave it on 24/7 - Not PC. Thanks,
Old 01/23/2013, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi Hrhoades,
It did work, Thanks. But have to go back to BHomePro to tap on 2nd file once 1st file is done. the Movie on DVD (ripped to HD), normally has about 4-7 Vob files. At least the Kalemsoft Media Player has Mpeg decoder, but unfortunately, it does not support standard DLNA/UPnP, and also Not Smart enough to continue to play next sequence file in the same folder.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0