webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Splashtop + windows 8 issues
Splashtop + windows 8 issues

Old 01/20/2013, 06:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

Regardless of what people say or how it turned out, I still love webOS and the touchpad and find it infinitely better than Android and refuse to install it on my touchpad. However, I do like the new windows metro interface as well, and sometimes the sparsity of newer apps on webos is disheartening. I decided to install win8 in a VM on my laptop and have a go at using it in a card in WebOS, because that just seemed like a great idea at the time.

after seeing a proof of concept in a couple of youtube videos, I installed windows 8 in a VM and then tried to access it through Splashtop app in touchpad.

Every time I logged in, the screen would always end up on the windows 7 (not 8) screen which is there when alt-control-del is pressed. And even though I set the resolution of the VM AND the internal resolution in win8 settings at touchpad default 1024 x 768 I would still see my laptops windows 7 local host OS's native 1920 by 1080. Even when running the VM fullscreen, I would still see it in a small window in a 1080p sized screen on my touchpad. I installed splashtop streamer on both native win 7 and guest win 8. The windows 8 splashtop was the one running.

What am I doing wrong?

OS: windows 7 64-bit, i7 2820qm, 8 gig ram, 1080p win 7 desktop setting
guest os (VMware 9): win 8. 2 gb ram, 60 gigs hd.
jinkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0