webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Unable to load pictures in Facebook app
Unable to load pictures in Facebook app

Old 01/12/2013, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Does anyone else have trouble loading the enlarged pictures from Facebook posts? When I tap on a post with a picture to get a better look it just continues to load but never displays. Despite its age, the Facebook app is fairly functional other than that.
b3d0u1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah on my phone it does that too. And it will give a link to open picture in browser, which totally doesn't open picture either.
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2013, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

I read a post here that suggested disabling Facebook's SSL but that didn't seem to help. It's almost like the app is trying to load every thumbnail or something, and that's not really feasible when there can be thousands of pictures in a photo album.

I wish there was a workaround for this.
b3d0u1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Whenever I have problems with pics in a post, while its waiting to load, I swipe back and then you end up in the album the pic is in. Then I go ahead and scroll to the pic and tap on it again and THEN it loads up. I also do this when a pic seems to take a longer time than usual to "clear" up to be seen properly. As for the pics that say its too big and needs to open within a browser, my only work around for that is x.facebook.com lol I think that's to do with the posters picture settings though, they have to enable something for the pic to be mobile compatible or something. I read that a while back in some other post.
Rookie4sho is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0