webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Transfer Pandora App from 1 phone 2 another
Transfer Pandora App from 1 phone 2 another

Old 12/26/2012, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

I just got my daughter a Pixi Plus like mine. I downloaded Pandora from the HP App Catalog in September, no problem. Now it's not showing up on my daughter's Pixi and we both have the same version of WebOS 1.4.5.

How do I get it on her phone? I tried emailing the link to her from this page:
https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.palm.pandora
but it wouldn't allow it to be downloaded on her device.

Also it doesn't show up on her App Catalog but it does on mine-?

Any way I can transfer the files from my phone to hers with homebrew, preware? Not sure why it won't show up on her phone in app catalog.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
hheveran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think her Pixi's Palm Profile may have been set to a country other than the US... There's an app on Preware called Impostah that may be able to help, but i have never used it myself

Once you have access to the American app catalog, you shouldn't have any trouble finding Pandora
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick reply. Her profile is set for United States. Just checked it online. Still doesn't come up in App Catalog.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Old 12/27/2012, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hheveran View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Her profile is set for United States. Just checked it online. Still doesn't come up in App Catalog.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
The one on the management console may not necessarily match the actual country in record (the one listed is supplied at registration). Use my country changer to actually set the correct country (see signature for link).
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks. Since I posted earlier, I discovered that it was set for AT (Austria) on the phone. I used Impostah to find this out.

When I ran your software with the device ID and auth. token (double and triple checked), I got PAMS1131 error so I re-entered device ID again, and still same error.

Eventually, I did something with Impostah that changed the token at the Palm website, but it still shows the original token on my phone.

I re-validated my email with HPWebOS site too.

I can't get into "show account info" with Impostah, it says error code PAMS1104 "Token expired"
I can't access anything in "App Catalog" in Impostah. Everything I touch (show installed apps, show device info, etc.) says "Unable to authenticate" or service error 401.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to go back to my original profile credentials on my phone. There seems to be a problem with the token being reset? Sorry I may not be giving the right info. Thanks for your patience.
Old 01/04/2013, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

each of you can log back into your original palm profile through the Backup app, under Preferences.

then you can use impostah to query the hpwebOS database, and see what country your phones are set to.

you can then use GM's app to reset the country to US so you can get access to Pandora, which is only available in the US catalog.

if you need to, you can also create new Palm profiles using impostah.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 12:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

It's resolved, i should probably put a link to his/her other threads from the same day...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0