webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Fandango
Fandango

Old 12/25/2012, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

Is there anyway that I can install fandango on my PRE2 unlocked Europe. I know its for US only but I'm currently in the US and would have great use of the app while I'm here.

Regards
Dennis
dsimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

See http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...hanger-pc.html that should do the trick :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/25/2012, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
See http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...hanger-pc.html that should do the trick :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quoting you to make the link clickable

@OP, don't worry about using US-only apps overseas... there's no penalty for doing so. The geo-restrictions are silly anyway (a corporate legal trick) and many developers here go to great lengths to deliver their apps to paying non-US customers.
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hi,

Used the countrychanger, and the fandango app shows up! But when I try to download it says "downloading" for a couple of seconds but nothing happensand then it stops?
Any clues?

I also try to find the Open Table app but it doesn't show in the app catalog. And going through WebOSnation with the browser I find it but when the app catalog opens it says "not a valid WebOS application"
Any clues?

//Dennis

Update: Was able to download Fandango, and the app starts but just with thw "waiting-to-load"-circle. Is that how it's supposed to be when I'm back in sweden for now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Quoting you to make the link clickable

@OP, don't worry about using US-only apps overseas... there's no penalty for doing so. The geo-restrictions are silly anyway (a corporate legal trick) and many developers here go to great lengths to deliver their apps to paying non-US customers.

Last edited by dsimonse; 01/01/2013 at 06:32 PM.
dsimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Is the Fandango app actually working for anybody? I also just get the spinning circle on the initial screen.
bigsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Just checked and I only get the spinning circle too. When is the last time you used it? Just wondering since it's been about a year since I fired up that app.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Just checked and I only get the spinning circle too. When is the last time you used it? Just wondering since it's been about a year since I fired up that app.
Works for me today on my Sprint FrankenPre 2. I have not tried it on my Touchpad for a month or so.
NCCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0