webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Fandango
Fandango
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12/25/2012, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 57
Hi,

Is there anyway that I can install fandango on my PRE2 unlocked Europe. I know its for US only but I'm currently in the US and would have great use of the app while I'm here.

Regards
Dennis
dsimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 2,063
See http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...hanger-pc.html that should do the trick :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
__________________
HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Remy X's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
See http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...hanger-pc.html that should do the trick :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quoting you to make the link clickable


@OP, don't worry about using US-only apps overseas... there's no penalty for doing so. The geo-restrictions are silly anyway (a corporate legal trick) and many developers here go to great lengths to deliver their apps to paying non-US customers.
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 57
Hi,

Used the countrychanger, and the fandango app shows up! But when I try to download it says "downloading" for a couple of seconds but nothing happensand then it stops?
Any clues?

I also try to find the Open Table app but it doesn't show in the app catalog. And going through WebOSnation with the browser I find it but when the app catalog opens it says "not a valid WebOS application"
Any clues?

//Dennis

Update: Was able to download Fandango, and the app starts but just with thw "waiting-to-load"-circle. Is that how it's supposed to be when I'm back in sweden for now?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Quoting you to make the link clickable


@OP, don't worry about using US-only apps overseas... there's no penalty for doing so. The geo-restrictions are silly anyway (a corporate legal trick) and many developers here go to great lengths to deliver their apps to paying non-US customers.

Last edited by dsimonse; 01/01/2013 at 06:32 PM.
dsimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 19
Is the Fandango app actually working for anybody? I also just get the spinning circle on the initial screen.
bigsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,433
Just checked and I only get the spinning circle too. When is the last time you used it? Just wondering since it's been about a year since I fired up that app.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2013, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Just checked and I only get the spinning circle too. When is the last time you used it? Just wondering since it's been about a year since I fired up that app.
Works for me today on my Sprint FrankenPre 2. I have not tried it on my Touchpad for a month or so.
NCCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0