webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Linkedin app not working anymore?
Linkedin app not working anymore?
Like Tree2Likes

Old 12/17/2012, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi there,

some two or three weeks ago I successfully set up
synergy with my linkedin account.
I now installed the linkedin app which hangs with
the "Signing in ..." spinning.
I then remarked that also the synergy account for
linkedin does not connect anymore. All this happens
with my Veer, but the linkedin app on my Pre3 also refuses to work.
Does someone have the same problem and perhaps even a solution? Or has linkedin simply abandonned WebOS?

Christoph
cpickart is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by sshaka, stevchrly
Old 12/18/2012, 02:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpickart View Post
Hi there,

some two or three weeks ago I successfully set up
synergy with my linkedin account.
I now installed the linkedin app which hangs with
the "Signing in ..." spinning.
I then remarked that also the synergy account for
linkedin does not connect anymore. All this happens
with my Veer, but the linkedin app on my Pre3 also refuses to work.
Does someone have the same problem and perhaps even a solution? Or has linkedin simply abandonned WebOS?

Christoph
Same here, just my Pre3. Can't find any new contacts so logged out. Can't log back in just spinning wheel. Something has changed! I'll try.my TP later.
PreJune2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hello?

I can't believe that there are so few to have this problem! And I hope there are still more than
two people using the linkedin app...
I did some more research in the linkedin app. The status of the Ajax response is 0 which indicates that
the server is not responding anymore. Unfortunately the response is provided with the onComplete
function and therefore the error is not shown in the UI.

Christoph
cpickart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've been trying to troubleshoot another problem, in the course of which I:

1) Wiped my Palm profile from my Verizon Pre 3 and reinstalled it, in the course of which I re-entered my various account passwords -- no problems (a couple of weeks ago).

2) Switched my Palm profile to a different Verizon Pre 3, again re-entering my account passwords -- trying to enter the LinkedIn account password gave me an error (Saturday night).

3) Switched to a Verizon Pre 2 using a different Palm profile, re-entering my account passwords -- trying to enter the LinkedIn account password again gave me an error (yesterday). Trying to enter it in the Accounts program just now gives me a "Bad request" error.

So yeah, it appears that with the past couple of weeks, something has gone off the LinkedIn reservation.

-OM
Ottermatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: BorkZorkOrc
Old 12/21/2012, 05:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
vgg

I'm having the same problem. I saw your note and tried out the linkedIn app on my Pre2 and can't get past the login phase....
vgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

I haven't used LinkedIn a lot on my phone, but I cannot get past the login either. Seems like something is broken. It would be sad if WebOS isn't supported anymore.
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Opened the app, throws "server is not available"
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

I am having the same issues with my Pre3 and Touchpad
Bret Cancilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Me too;

I hope someone on our A-MA-ZING community takes the time to do a more_elegant_UI_useful_true_synergy LinkedIn app (no offense intended). Donations will follow off course! We appreciate our developers efforts and dedication to our beloved webOS!
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by BorkZorkOrc likes this.
Old 12/21/2012, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Looks like the OAuth system Synergy uses has gone missing. It responds in JSON with a 404 error.

Update: It looks like the entire m.linkedin.com site is gone. There's no access to any other common pages from that domain.
Update2: I also haven't been able to get the regular API authentication working, though that's probably because I'm using HTTP GET.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor

Last edited by GMMan; 12/21/2012 at 01:53 PM.
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 12/21/2012, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

LinkedIn recently changed the entire system architecture of their mobile platform and redeployed their apps on iOS and Android. I don't know if they have it on BB and WP7/8, but I'd assume those were updated as well if they exist since they're still active in the retail market.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by BorkZorkOrc, sshaka
Old 12/21/2012, 04:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Looks like the OAuth system Synergy uses has gone missing. It responds in JSON with a 404 error.

Update: It looks like the entire m.linkedin.com site is gone. There's no access to any other common pages from that domain.
Update2: I also haven't been able to get the regular API authentication working, though that's probably because I'm using HTTP GET.
If I open m.linkedin.com in the browser on my laptop. I'm redirected to https://touch.www.linkedin.com/#login
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 04:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
If I open m.linkedin.com in the browser on my laptop. I'm redirected to https://touch.www.linkedin.com/#login
If you try to access any other remotely valid location within the domain, it returns 404.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 04:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Same problem here: no connection to server anymore, so no contacts in my Pre2s contactslist... :-(
steinhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 05:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Same here, did anyone tried to contact LinkedIn to ask? If not maybe we should? In case that doesn't work we could always try to create a new Enyo 2.0 app for LinkedIn :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/26/2012, 05:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinhage View Post
Same problem here: no connection to server anymore, so no contacts in my Pre2s contactslist... :-(
LinkedIn itself only seems to support iOS and Android...
Old 12/26/2012, 11:07 AM   #17 (permalink)

I had the same problem when I was re-installing apps on my Sprint Frankenpre 2. LinkedIn stop working. It seems they gave up on webOS years ago. It was a basic app that was never updated. Contacted them a number of times about it in the past, but never got a reply back.
miles4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I guess we should develop our own app then probably from scratch, maybe reverse engineering the Android app a bit to see what URL's to call etc...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/26/2012, 09:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

I can't log in either with my Pre 3

It says "bad request."

Can anyone help?

Kingshukt
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 09:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hi,
I have been noticing for the past few days that I am not able to log-in in to my Linkedln profile.

All attempts to log-in results in an error " Bad Request".

Anybody else facing this problem? Any can someone help me out?

kingshukt

Last edited by kingshukt; 12/26/2012 at 10:13 PM.
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0