webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Linkedin app not working anymore?
Linkedin app not working anymore?
Like Tree2Likes

Old 01/19/2013, 02:56 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwineel View Post
I'll miss the synergy capability.
So will Open webOS have the same problem?
PreJune2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 06:43 AM   #42 (permalink)

LinkedIn now is doing autoreply. I got the same answer as ToniCipriani.
Mr.Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 01/28/2013, 11:55 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreJune2009 View Post
So will Open webOS have the same problem?
Unless the LinkedIn app is updated to use the new LinkedIn APIs, I would think so.
NCCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 08:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pleasant View Post
LinkedIn now is doing autoreply. I got the same answer as ToniCipriani.
I would say at least keep a ticket open with them, at least to show there ARE actual users that care enough to actually talk to them about it...

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 09:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

You're not really keeping a ticket open with them; it's just a mailbox going to customer service reps, not a ticketing system and you're certainly not filing a bug report.

Email or whatnot, but just don't get high expectations that an autoreply sending out a couple dozen messages is going to get an ear from the company.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 08:49 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
You're not really keeping a ticket open with them; it's just a mailbox going to customer service reps, not a ticketing system and you're certainly not filing a bug report.

Email or whatnot, but just don't get high expectations that an autoreply sending out a couple dozen messages is going to get an ear from the company.
More canned response...

Quote:
Subject: webOS Application
Hi [redacted],

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll definitely send your feedback about the WebOS browser and our mobile touch site on to our product team. When lots of people ask for the same improvement, they try their best to get it done (but sorry to say, they usually can’t provide a timeline).

By the way, if you want to send us more comments in the future, the easiest way to do it is to click “Send Feedback” at the bottom of any LinkedIn page. If you like to keep up with the latest product news and mobile enhancements, please check out our blog at Official LinkedIn Blog.

Thank you for being a valued member of our LinkedIn community since 2007.

Eric
Technical Support Engineer

Member Comment: [redacted] 01/21/2013 19:37
Yes I can log in and display the mobile site, however none of the menus work. All I can do is scroll up or down.

I'm using this on a HP Pre 3.
LinkedIn Response 01/21/2013 19:33
Hi [redacted]

When you get a chance would you mind letting me know which Palm or WebOS device you're using? Is your mobile web browser routing to our desktop site? If you navigate to https://touch.www.linkedin.com, are you able to login?

Regards,

Eric
Technical Support Engineer
False hope, I know, but...

Doesn't hurt to keep flooding them.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 02/19/2013, 10:32 AM   #47 (permalink)

What a shame!!!

What´s wrong with this people of LinkedIn....they're bothering us with that kind of things!!!

HP
Prē 3 + webOS 2.2.4 / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + iOS 6.1.3 / Palm LifeFlash Sandisk + SDHC 32Gb
sshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2013, 05:20 AM   #48 (permalink)

Hello,
I have just sent a message to the 'Send Feedback' page on LinkedIn saying that the webOS version of their app no longer is able to log in.
I noticed that it would not log in several weeks ago, but never thought to look in these forums until today!
At least I can use the browser to use the full site and the touch.World's Largest Professional Network | LinkedIn site.

It is very frustrating to see webOS apps failing to be supported any longer.

Regards
Richard Corner
I own a Pre3 and a Touchpad.
RCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/02/2013, 05:51 AM   #49 (permalink)

Is anybody able to fix this? I looked at the code, the app tries to register at m.linkedin.com which seems not to be the correct way anymore.

I simple replace of the url didn't work, also with a scope parameter.

But I dont have a clue about this OAuth thing.
nichtwirklich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2013, 12:15 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichtwirklich View Post
Is anybody able to fix this? I looked at the code, the app tries to register at m.linkedin.com which seems not to be the correct way anymore.

Read this entire thread. They changed the entire API architecture. Completely.

There is no "fix" anyone here can perform. Developers here thinking they can refactor the app are likely to get legal attention due to the exposure of personal information, security concerns, and lack of a legally-binding license allowing them to make changes, even if they were able to figure out how to do it. Which, again, they can't. The scope of the change was far too large and involves multiple private API calls that aren't exposed on this new architecture.

LinkedIn are the only people that can actually fix the app. And they aren't going to do that. It's a dead app. People can write all the emails they want and dig into the app code, but LinkedIn isn't going to make a change or expose the API for an incredibly small number of users using webOS on phones that are, at the very newest, almost 2 years old (and up to 4 years old) on an OS that's for all intents and purposes dead on mobile.

Just some perspective, here. Try the mobile site instead and uninstall the app to put your mind at ease. People here should by now expect this to happen for other apps and services the more time goes on; this is just a good real-life example of it actually happening to an app from a top-tier service.

Last edited by dignitary; 03/03/2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03/03/2013, 12:21 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichtwirklich View Post

Read this entire thread. They changed the entire API architecture. Completely.

There is no "fix" anyone here can perform. Developers here thinking they can refactor the app are likely to get legal attention due to the exposure of personal information, security concerns, and lack of a legally-binding license allowing them to make changes, even if they were able to figure out how to do it. Which, again, they can't. The scope of the change was far too large and involves multiple private API calls that aren't exposed on this new architecture.

LinkedIn are the only people that can actually fix the app. And they aren't going to do that. It's a dead app. People can write all the emails they want and dig into the app code, but LinkedIn isn't going to make a change or expose the private API to developers for an incredibly small number of users using webOS on phones that are, at the very newest, almost 2 years old (and up to 4 years old) on an OS that's for all intents and purposes ancient and dead on mobile.

Have some perspective here, folks. Try the mobile site instead and uninstall the app; try to put your mind at peace. People here should by now expect this to happen for other apps and services the more time goes on; this is just a good real-life example of it actually happening to an app from a top-tier service. And it'll happen again.

Let it go.
Old 03/03/2013, 01:59 PM   #52 (permalink)

The only way you can sync with LinkedIn is to install the LinkedIn add-on to Outlook, sync contacts which go to your Exchange server then use MS ActiveSync to send the contacts to your phone.
stevenlcroucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2013, 06:23 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
The only way you can sync with LinkedIn is to install the LinkedIn add-on to Outlook, sync contacts which go to your Exchange server then use MS ActiveSync to send the contacts to your phone.
Good solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. Even if you want to create a new URL there is no reason to kill existing sub-domains that legacy programs call to. IDIOTS
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2013, 05:47 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
Good solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. Even if you want to create a new URL there is no reason to kill existing sub-domains that legacy programs call to. IDIOTS
I've just sent feedback.

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
siobhanellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0