webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Linkedin app not working anymore?
Linkedin app not working anymore?
Like Tree2Likes

Old 12/26/2012, 11:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

LinkedIn has removed the API webOS uses for its Synergy connector. You won't be able to use it until someone comes up with a new Synergy connector that calls the right API.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 12/26/2012, 11:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

Thanks for the really fast response.

We will now have to wait for the Tech Gurus to come up with a solution.

Anyone out there working on the solution?
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

I took a peek at their normal API documentation, and I can't even get to their OAuth link. I don't know what's up with them.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Thanked By: kingshukt
Old 12/27/2012, 12:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

I have now put in an official communication to Linkedln thro' their "contact-us".

We can only hope for the best.

Regards

Edit: and also to HP

Last edited by kingshukt; 12/27/2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12/27/2012, 01:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

<<threads merged>>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: kingshukt
Old 12/30/2012, 12:58 AM   #26 (permalink)

any fix will be much appreciated. The account also is not working.
edwineel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 04:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I posted something on their developer forum as well to see what would be the easiest way to fix it. Looks like we need to fix the Synergy connector as well as the app. Synergy is quite complicated probably. The app might be easier, but since it's phone and Mojo only, a rewrite in Enyo2 wouldn't hurt :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 01/10/2013, 10:50 AM   #28 (permalink)

just one more to complain that it is not working (although not a just great App as WebOS deserv, still quite usefull). Synergy is still way mor important, actually. Will also complain with LinkedIn directly.
saf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 09:57 PM   #29 (permalink)

I opened a support ticket with them, see what they get back with.

Go to Help -> Contact Us, it'll open a support ticket with them, maybe if enough people complain about it, they might do something.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka likes this.
Old 01/10/2013, 10:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

I got an response today from LinkedLn support as below.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to me and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Due to the recent change within the LinkedIn site, we're experiencing unusual high volume of inquiries and I couldn't get back to you any earlier.

I've checked with the product team and found that unfortunately, the site doesn’t have this functionality to support webOS, but I’ll definitely send your suggestion on to our product team again. When lots of people ask for the same improvement, they try their best to get it done (but sorry to say, they usually can’t provide a timeline). I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

By the way, if you want to send us more suggestions in the future, the easiest way to do it is to click “Send Feedback” at the bottom of any LinkedIn page. If you like to keep up with the latest product news and enhancements, check out our blog at Official LinkedIn Blog.

In the meantime, if you have further questions, please feel free to reply to this message.

Miwako
Customer Experience Advocate
Unquote

Nothing great.

Modifying the app seems to be the best way forward.

I do not know a s*** about programming. Anyone out there working on it?
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 01/11/2013, 12:03 AM   #31 (permalink)

It'd be great if they said what alternative API there is. The last time I tried to work with their API (about a month ago) it wouldn't even get me to the OAuth page.
Old 01/11/2013, 09:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

This took me about 5 seconds in Google, and it's all that's available to the public:

https://developer.linkedin.com/apis

You'll note that the API is incomplete by design. As a publicly-traded company, they obviously don't want some third-party app offering equal functionality or compromising users' identities and security.

And modifying the app to use their private APIs, provided you could even find them, would put you in some seriously legal gray area.

I wouldn't touch modifying that app--a closed source app, which doesn't give you permission to modify it at all--with a 100-foot pole without getting written permission from LinkedIn themselves to do so.

Last edited by dignitary; 01/11/2013 at 10:06 PM.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by sshaka, VasTheGreek
Old 01/14/2013, 04:54 AM   #33 (permalink)

I just 'doctored' my Pre3, and noticed that LinkedIn is no longer, eh, linked in. What a shame. I have many many contacts that will no longer get updated. It probably had been out of sync before my doctoring, but I never noticed it. I'm not able to fix this in any way, but the one who steps up to this can count on my gratitude!
Mr.Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 05:05 PM   #34 (permalink)

I've only had my Pre 3 a few weeks now and it allowed me to add the LinkedIn account to my accounts. It syncs my contacts up fine. Also when I go to the LinkedIn web site with the standard browser, it logs me in to their mobile site automatically. It just seems to be the app that doesn't work for me (@Mr.Pleasant).
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 01:49 PM   #35 (permalink)

I guess you were lucky, Jimbode, or the last one to enter linkedin into the accounts. I still can't add or restore my linkedin account. The app doesn't work either, but I don't care much, and probably the website doesn't have any problem loading in the browser. I get a 'bad request' when adding the account with the proper password.
My contacts on the Pre3 are still filled with contacts originating from Linkedin, but they probably come from restoring the webos account. Their pictures, however, are gone. My Touchpad still has the account, and as a result(?), I still have the profile pictures in the TP's contact app. I get the same 'bad request' when I want to add the same linkedin account again to the list of accounts on the Touchpad.
So, my guess: keeping the linkedin account is no problem; adding it (or restoring after doctoring) is no more possible :-(
Old 01/16/2013, 01:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

I noticed the app a few weeks ago and then I realised the profiles were not updating via Synergy. I will be emailing them and so you should. Can we get Derek to write about it on the main page too? It would help...I'm it is not just "us" on this thread that use LinkedIn on webOS !!!

Vas
VasTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 01:58 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
I posted something on their developer forum as well to see what would be the easiest way to fix it. Looks like we need to fix the Synergy connector as well as the app. Synergy is quite complicated probably. The app might be easier, but since it's phone and Mojo only, a rewrite in Enyo2 wouldn't hurt :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
At work we say "You just volunteered" Is that so?
Happy to help if I can....

Vas
VasTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 04:24 PM   #38 (permalink)

Just wrote something to LinkedIn's support. I don't know what exactly would be the best thing to ask, but I guess that making some noise, and name-dropping 'webOS' hopefully wakes up someone over there.

If anyone thinks this is important (it is!!!), please do the same...
Old 01/18/2013, 08:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

Reply from LinkedIn, as expected...

Quote:
Hi (redacted),

Thanks for reaching out to me and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I've contacted with the product team and found that we no longer support the application ow webOS. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, Steffes.

In the meantime, could you please if you can connect to LinkedIn from mobile/tablet browser? The address is https://touch.www.linkedin.com/#home . Would you let me know if you could log in?

I look forward to hearing your response in order to further assist you.

Miwako
Customer Experience Advocate

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by sshaka, stevchrly
Old 01/19/2013, 12:05 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
Reply from LinkedIn, as expected...
I'll miss the synergy capability.
edwineel is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0