webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > [PROMO CODES] Slideshow Presentation HD, massive holiday giveaway!
[PROMO CODES] Slideshow Presentation HD, massive holiday giveaway!
Like Tree11Likes

Old 12/14/2012, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Happy Holidays everyone!

I am giving away over 800 copies of my app, Slideshow Presentation HD.

Quote:
Create stunning and custom slideshows and photo projects that you can set to music.
Turns your TouchPad into a beautiful digital photo frame!
Features include:
* Cinematic mode adds panning of pictures (8 different modes!)
* Set a show up to change pics on a timed duration, on song change, manually, or each picture can have its own duration.
* Saves and can restart from the last position of ordered projects.
* You can have as many different projects as you want!
* Handles 1000s of pictures without a problem!
* Sorting by File name, path, or both. You can also have a custom order, or have it random
* Captions: Per-picture, Global, EXIF info, Date & Time, File Name / Path / Both, Song Name
* You can set the captions to display in any color, and place it on the top or bottom of the pic.
* 32 different transitions, with 5 speeds for each.
* Stretch or Maintain aspect ratio (can set per-pic as well)
* Rotate picture in 90degree increments!
* Live Preview of images in edit mode!
* Show duration (play once, repeat, end with music)
* Plays in landscape or portrait
* Add media by folder (can include subfolders and hidden files), or add 1 by 1
* Swipe to advance or go back while show is running
* Pinch to zoom in on pictures!
* Exhibition compatible
* Quick and easy to setup!
You can change just about any setting you want, and show off your photos to your friends in style!
https://developer.palm.com/appredire...presentationhd

The only thing i ask is if you can leave a review

If you like it a lot, check out some of my other apps listed in my signature. And there is a donate link in there as well if you would like to support my development.

I plan on supporting my apps as long as possible. Long live webOS!

Also check out my website at http://appsbychris.net

Just made it as a temporary info about my apps, but it will be updated soon

Onto the promo codes. Codes available for all countries that can have them! UK i am sorry, but i messed up creating the codes, and instead of just 1 with lots of uses, i made a bunch of single uses.
I will try and clear out the used ones until they are gone, but it might take a few tries for you to get one that works. Sorry!

all expired!
Two Outta Three! - A coin flip game
Chore Tracker Pro - A chore organizing app
Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Donate link to support my work

Last edited by thricetwice; 02/11/2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: expired codes
thricetwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, treodoc755, HelloNNNewman and 6 others like this.
Old 12/15/2012, 03:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

good action, my first X-mas present.

THX.
Old 12/15/2012, 04:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! Grtz from Holland! (UK-code)
Old 12/15/2012, 05:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Damn, another giveaway i can't participate in. Damn you app catalog, damn you geo restrictions.

Great gesture though, it's always nice to see devs really supporting this platform, it really needs it.
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 12/15/2012, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

thanks! Will check it out & review
toaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

That's a generous amount of promo...

It should earn you a generous amount of good will from the community.

Thank you so much. Review owed and a bump up on my list of other Apps to check out..

RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

-
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you
johnjaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Just off hand... One of the nicest GUI's I've seen lately. Looks wonderful. The full review will, of course, post in the App description.

Can't wait to play with what appears to be a very well thought out App.

*Looks through folders for the best of the best kayaking pics to transfer to TouchPad*
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 09:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

This is a nice holiday-time gesture, and it looks like a nifty app (full review to follow). Thanks!
treodoc755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks! It's great to see a holiday promo for those of us sticking with WebOS.

From a first quick trial, this is a very nice app. I love the flexibility, like the ability to change rotation, transition, and caption per slide. It has optional full-screen capability, always important for a slide show. It has Exhibition Mode, albeit with a much-appreciated warning about the limitations. The folder selection and photo editing modes only works in landscape orientation, but that's ok.

The way that pop-up controls work while playing is just right, also important for polished high-quality slide-show app.

Overall, a big thumbs up from me.

A few comments and questions:

- I was looking for a Select All when adding photos to a slide show from a folder full of photos. I had to scroll through and tap each individual photo to select them all. I then found there was a separate Add Folder function, but it would be nice if these were better integrated.

- I couldn't find where this app saves its projects in the file structure. Where is it? Does it make its own copies of photos?

- I'd like the project home page to include a scrolling list of my existing projects. I can select Load Project from the menu to get a list, but I think it's always nice to show an indication of what's available when you enter an app.

- After I had experimented with Exhibition Mode, I was able to go back to the regular app and create another project. But after exiting that, I was unable to launch the app again until I went back to Exhibition Mode and selected a different Exhibition Mode app. Apparently the Exhibition Mode app was still sitting paused in the background somewhere and preventing the regular app from launching.
Semma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2012, 04:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post

- I was looking for a Select All when adding photos to a slide show from a folder full of photos. I had to scroll through and tap each individual photo to select them all. I then found there was a separate Add Folder function, but it would be nice if these were better integrated.
Yes, the one by one method is a widget provided by the webOS framework to select media. To select by folder, i had to write a separate directory scanner to deal with that. This is something i will integrate in the future.

Quote:
- I couldn't find where this app saves its projects in the file structure. Where is it? Does it make its own copies of photos?
Projects are saved in a single database file. All my app stores is the path to the images, plus all your custom settings.

Quote:
- I'd like the project home page to include a scrolling list of my existing projects. I can select Load Project from the menu to get a list, but I think it's always nice to show an indication of what's available when you enter an app.
So like a screen that it loads to first so you can select which project to load? right now it defaults to the last one that was open.

Quote:
- After I had experimented with Exhibition Mode, I was able to go back to the regular app and create another project. But after exiting that, I was unable to launch the app again until I went back to Exhibition Mode and selected a different Exhibition Mode app. Apparently the Exhibition Mode app was still sitting paused in the background somewhere and preventing the regular app from launching.
Yes, exhibition is a bit flaky i'll admit. The best way to clear it out of exhibition is to load up another exhibition app, and then reload mine. I'll look into seeing if I am not coding it right.
Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Old 12/17/2012, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
So like a screen that it loads to first so you can select which project to load? right now it defaults to the last one that was open.
Actually I was thinking of a scrollable list of other projects right on the current project page.

But really it seems like nitpicking - the user interface is fine as it is.
Semma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

thank you so much for not forgetting Australia!

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
siobhanellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

thanks a lot!
oholika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 10:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Still plenty of codes left for all countries!

Get yours today!

Old 12/24/2012, 03:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Thanks for this! Happy to see there are still devs out there that care about us!

Got a copy here in NL with my US App Catalog account :-) Will post a review too sometime soon!

I assume you want the review in the App Catalog?

Just out of curiosity: Is this a PDK app? Or is it Enyo/Mojo?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Last edited by Herrie; 12/24/2012 at 04:11 AM.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

I assume you want the review in the App Catalog?

Just out of curiosity: Is this a PDK app? Or is it Enyo/Mojo?
Yes, please put the review in the catalog.

I wrote the app using enyo1, so its all javascript.

Old 01/15/2013, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Still lots of codes left!

This is the perfect app for your touchpad when it comes time to retire it. Just set it up on the touchstone and have it play all your photos!

Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 01/22/2013, 01:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
Still lots of codes left!

This is the perfect app for your touchpad when it comes time to retire it. Just set it up on the touchstone and have it play all your photos!
I originally won a copy ,and received an email from Derek Kessler, but have not had any replies for my request for a Canada Code... I hope you can help!
Thanks
Lifestyles is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0