Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    via: Le Siri de webOS en dmonstration live !!! (mais en chinois...) and
    [Hitsapp] (which is an rather old source 2012-04-01)

    Well it's only chinese, but it seems to work on TP and Phone

    Videos of live action with Veer in the source.




    and one screenshot in english.




    [Update] seems to be formerly known as Wiri: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ebos-wiri.html
  2.    #2  
    ah well the video by KevinLiu is also kind of old:
    土豆网 *客 KevinLiu爱科技 的节目

    【KevinLiu】Just Say 动手玩Sonntag, 25. March 2012 18:00

    播客: KevinLiu爱科技

    加入时间: 2012-03-26

    0e1B1RI1D70 (swf File)

    And the others too:
    http://i.youku.com/u/UMzc1MzE4OTI4/feeds

    评论了 [科技] webos语音 JustSay简单测试

    webos语音 JustSay简单测试
    06:08

    这个用的就是讯飞的语音接口 //@GameZhang_0001:没看完,不过听这语音很像科大讯飞的吧?
    转发 | 评论 04-04 10:14 来自 视频评论

    So old news - sry
  3. #3  
    new to some of us
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4. #4  
    wow....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. #5  


    does it use google's API?
    HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X
    My Palm OS Archive
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    ah well the video by KevinLiu is also kind of old:
    土豆网 *客 KevinLiu爱科技 的节目




    And the others too:
    http://i.youku.com/u/UMzc1MzE4OTI4/feeds




    So old news - sry
    Yeah saw this some time ago. Now i'm wondering what happend with this project. Did the developper just stop working on it? Is it still under dev? Or it was just a hoax?
    Maybe one of our chinese speaking forum member (GMMan??) can get in touch and take refreshed news.
  7. #7  
    From what I understood it was made available at some places, however it used an Chinese API that didn't support anything except for Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese I don't know)

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    From what I understood it was made available at some places, however it used an Chinese API that didn't support anything except for Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese I don't know)

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    If that's true then why do we have a screenshot from it in English?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    From what I understood it was made available at some places, however it used an Chinese API that didn't support anything except for Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese I don't know)

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thx! You mean a third party speech recognition API right? So in order to make it work in English let say, one has to replace it with an English recognition service, isnt it?
  10. #10  
    This sounds awesome - is it something we'll ever get to see/use?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    Thx! You mean a third party speech recognition API right? So in order to make it work in English let say, one has to replace it with an English recognition service, isnt it?
    Yes that should do the trick....

    IPK can be downloaded from here: http://webos.noteday.com/com.noteday..._0.1.6_all.ipk

    It seems like the famous Chinese developer Chomper got his hands on this once again and created it... This guy made a lot of other things happening on webOS (Java, Android on webOS etc).

    It seems to be using "Xunfei engine" for Chinese.

    It seems to be partly PDK app, so difficult to replace just the API.
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/11/2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Remy X and kataran like this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yes that should do the trick....

    IPK can be downloaded from here: http://webos.noteday.com/com.noteday..._0.1.6_all.ipk

    It seems like the famous Chinese developer Chomper got his hands on this one again and created it... This guy made a lot of other things happening on webOS (Java, Android on webOS etc).

    It seems to be using "Xunfei engine" for Chinese.

    It seems to be partly PDK app, so difficult to replace just the API.
    *speculating*

    was he the source of all the EAP (early access program) leaks?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13. #13  
    I believe nuance and or http://www.zypr.net/ are both possibilities for English. Pic has talked to the developer before, but he didn't know of a good speech recognition like iflytek for english
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Sprint Instinct > Palm Pre > Blackberry Curve (3 months) > Pre3 (att) > Pre3 (verizon)
  14.    #14  
    well this kind of data input would benefit alot from webos through its cross app launching parameters. on the other hand just type is also quite fast and it would be even better if more apps would implement launching parameters for just type or cross app:
    Cross-App Launching - WebOS101
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yes that should do the trick....

    IPK can be downloaded from here: http://webos.noteday.com/com.noteday..._0.1.6_all.ipk

    It seems like the famous Chinese developer Chomper got his hands on this once again and created it... This guy made a lot of other things happening on webOS (Java, Android on webOS etc).

    It seems to be using "Xunfei engine" for Chinese.

    It seems to be partly PDK app, so difficult to replace just the API.
    Now we just need it in english. Does this developer come to these forums at all?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Now we just need it in english. Does this developer come to these forums at all?
    he's had some ingenious work and ideas, I'm guessing the limiting factor for him and devs elsewhere is a spoken/written language barrier? Which is a shame.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  17. #17  
    What font is that?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    well this kind of data input would benefit alot from webos through its cross app launching parameters. on the other hand just type is also quite fast and it would be even better if more apps would implement launching parameters for just type or cross app:
    Cross-App Launching - WebOS101
    just type is great, but if i could set it so i could hit a microphone icon and speak and search? that would be amazing. Pound sand, Siri!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    just type is great, but if i could set it so i could hit a microphone icon and speak and search? that would be amazing. Pound sand, Siri!
    nice, some sort of longpress/hold on the gesture area for phones? yeah that would be quite handy for just type, even for the phone dialler app, not sure what else beyond that but its nice to imagine.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Vistaus likes this.
  20. #20  
    hahaha if this ever works, I would have to get some custom answers programmed in there about Siri for my iPhone loving friends...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions