Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a problem because my trial period expires. I have registered Classic on my old Palm Pre, but if I want to register it (Buy now) I can not access the Motion Apps website, as this is apparently crashed. Is there another way to register Classic?

Sorry for my bad english =)
    Maybe there's some license file you can transfer over? I'm sure others have done it.
  3. vgg
    Read through this thread, particularly from page 7 onwards. This should help you out. I was in the same position this summer and this thread helped me.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks - i will try it if i have the correct adapter for my Pre...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    Read through this thread, particularly from page 7 onwards. This should help you out. I was in the same position this summer and this thread helped me.
    I am in a similar situation, I bought a new Sprint Pre on ebay and signed into my Palm profile, Classic loaded in and work fine but I am getting the trial expiring notice.

I am not a programmer but I am willing to donate/pay to have the work done.

any help is appreaciated

10q
  6.    #6  
    I made a request to the support and am waiting for an answer.

But thank you for your answers
    There should be a license file that you can put in the USB media partition.
  8.    #8  
    So MotionApps does not answer to my e-mail. Now the question is, where can I find the license files.
    The next difficulty is that I have a pre without display and thus can only work with Novaterm.
    With Novaterm that's no problem, but how can I turn on the pre Novaterm in the removable disk mode?

Thank you for your answers
    I think USB drive mode is palm://com.palm.storaged/enterMsm or the likes. You'll have to check that. As for the license file, it could be just there on the USB partition, under the downloads folder, or under the palmos or ClassicApps folder. I think it had a .ma extension. There's a "ma" somewhere in the file name.
  10.    #10  
    How can i get to palm://com.palm.storaged/enterMsm ?
    The only thing I see is root@palm-webos-device:/#
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.storage/diskmode/enterMSM {\"user-confirmed\":true,\"enterIMasq\":false}
  12.    #12  
    It shows only the luna-send commands
    -h help
    -p send over the public bus
    -s send a signal
    -d debug mode
    -i interactive mode
    -t x average over x times getting one response
    -n x exit interative mode after x replies...

Thank you for your help
    Did you copy and paste the command exactly?
  14.    #14  
    No, I cant paste into Novaterm so I cant find the "{ }". Ive typed only "luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.storage/diskmode/enterMSM"
  15.    #15  
    Thank you =) it works =)
  16.    #16  
    I have no licene data found... even no me ...
    I try to copy /usr/bin/PalmClassic and /usr/lib/palmos/ ...
  17.    #18  
    /var/palmos doesnt exist. But I found /var/lib/palmos/ but if i want to copy it to the /media/internal there is an error "Operation not permitted" even if I search for files i cant cd to the folders... (litemgr, prog, slot0, tmp, usr and var)
  18.    #19  
    After i used "mount -o remount,rw /" i can now cd to everything but not to slot0, usr and var...
    In all folder I changed there was no file
  19.    #20  
    Ok, now i searched all folder for files - nothing interesting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast