webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > [Patch] Fix Topic Search in Spaz HD
[Patch] Fix Topic Search in Spaz HD
  Reply
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By funka7ron
  • 1 Post By eblade

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11/21/2012, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Here is a quick patch to restore searching by topic back to Spaz HD. Apparently Twitter has removed the old search API Spaz used and put it at another address. This patch adds that address and redirects the client when searching to that new address.

Note: It seems this app has been abandoned by its developer, as all the repositories I've tested that were linked from Spaz's home page were removed. I still think Spaz is the best free Twitter client for webOS, and trumps over the clients that exist for pay now.

Note 2: Neo is based on SpazCore, so this patch can be easily modified to patch Neo as well. I'll leave that as an exercise.

Note 3: This patch will not be uploaded to Preware, as Spaz does not come with webOS and the patch portal only accepts patches for apps that ship with webOS.
Attached Files
File Type: patch spaz-twitsearch.patch (886 Bytes, 40 views) Email Attachment
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked by Mounaam, Rnp
Old 11/21/2012, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
funka7ron's Avatar
 
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Here is a quick patch to restore searching by topic back to Spaz HD. Apparently Twitter has removed the old search API Spaz used and put it at another address. This patch adds that address and redirects the client when searching to that new address.

Note: It seems this app has been abandoned by its developer, as all the repositories I've tested that were linked from Spaz's home page were removed. I still think Spaz is the best free Twitter client for webOS, and trumps over the clients that exist for pay now.

Note 2: Neo is based on SpazCore, so this patch can be easily modified to patch Neo as well. I'll leave that as an exercise.

Note 3: This patch will not be uploaded to Preware, as Spaz does not come with webOS and the patch portal only accepts patches for apps that ship with webOS.
All of the git repos are here: https://github.com/spazproject

I bet they would appreciate a pull req.
__________________
http://getspaz.com
funka7ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: Rnp
Old 11/21/2012, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by funka7ron View Post
All of the git repos are here: https://github.com/spazproject

I bet they would appreciate a pull req.
Good to know. The links on getspaz.com needs to be updated, then.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 3,331
thank you for this. I owe you lunch now too
__________________
Author:
Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by fxspec06 likes this.
Thanked By: fxspec06
Old 12/31/2012, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
fxspec06's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,662
+1 for this patch

I was going to implement this a few months ago but didn't have time. This fix will be updated in the future Neo betas and app catalog releases.

ps I had found the url myself, but hadn't put the fix in so another +1
__________________
Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
fxspec06's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
thank you for this. I owe you lunch now too
Damnit!~ I wanted that lunch =( too slow
__________________
Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2013, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
patapoof's Avatar
 
Posts: 784
how come I cannot install this patch ? ...old news

restarted touchpad, offered spaz update ...put it on, restarted luna, patch applied using webosqi...

trouble is, no joy ...spaz still not working ...nothing shows up in windows ...what to do ??

have maccaw ..twee doesn't work either...huh?

Last edited by patapoof; 10/09/2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: mor
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2013, 08:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Posts: 778
Didn't see a patch for Spaz HD and the new Twitter API, though. This is only about the search function... so no surprise here.

Macaw should work, though. Did you try the latest version? They have their own Perware feed, IIRC.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0