Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By funka7ron
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Here is a quick patch to restore searching by topic back to Spaz HD. Apparently Twitter has removed the old search API Spaz used and put it at another address. This patch adds that address and redirects the client when searching to that new address.

Note: It seems this app has been abandoned by its developer, as all the repositories I've tested that were linked from Spaz's home page were removed. I still think Spaz is the best free Twitter client for webOS, and trumps over the clients that exist for pay now.

Note 2: Neo is based on SpazCore, so this patch can be easily modified to patch Neo as well. I'll leave that as an exercise.

Note 3: This patch will not be uploaded to Preware, as Spaz does not come with webOS and the patch portal only accepts patches for apps that ship with webOS.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Here is a quick patch to restore searching by topic back to Spaz HD. Apparently Twitter has removed the old search API Spaz used and put it at another address. This patch adds that address and redirects the client when searching to that new address.

Note: It seems this app has been abandoned by its developer, as all the repositories I've tested that were linked from Spaz's home page were removed. I still think Spaz is the best free Twitter client for webOS, and trumps over the clients that exist for pay now.

Note 2: Neo is based on SpazCore, so this patch can be easily modified to patch Neo as well. I'll leave that as an exercise.

Note 3: This patch will not be uploaded to Preware, as Spaz does not come with webOS and the patch portal only accepts patches for apps that ship with webOS.
    All of the git repos are here: https://github.com/spazproject

I bet they would appreciate a pull req.
    Rnp likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by funka7ron View Post
    All of the git repos are here: https://github.com/spazproject

I bet they would appreciate a pull req.
    Good to know. The links on getspaz.com needs to be updated, then.
    thank you for this. I owe you lunch now too
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    fxspec06 likes this.
    +1 for this patch

I was going to implement this a few months ago but didn't have time. This fix will be updated in the future Neo betas and app catalog releases.

ps I had found the url myself, but hadn't put the fix in so another +1
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    thank you for this. I owe you lunch now too
    Damnit!~ I wanted that lunch =( too slow
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

how come I cannot install this patch ? ...old news

restarted touchpad, offered spaz update ...put it on, restarted luna, patch applied using webosqi...

trouble is, no joy ...spaz still not working ...nothing shows up in windows ...what to do ??

have maccaw ..twee doesn't work either...huh?
    Last edited by patapoof; 10/09/2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: mor
    Didn't see a patch for Spaz HD and the new Twitter API, though. This is only about the search function... so no surprise here.

Macaw should work, though. Did you try the latest version? They have their own Perware feed, IIRC.