webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Some games doesn´t work in my pre3
Some games doesn´t work in my pre3

Old 11/19/2012, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Please...I have installed N.O.V.A I., Brother in Arms I, in my Pre3 (through preware).....The game start with a video...I can see the video....but whe the game start, I can hear the sounds, the effects, but the screen is too dark....I see just shadow (too dark, like the graphics are in gray...I can move the soldier but I don´t have graphics in color and All is too dark.....Somebody can help me?...some solution?.....sorry for my english.
nc31002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Despite the reputation of the site, webOS Buzz has a nice post on how to fix this: [TIPS] Games that not running in landscape mode or not showing textures properly
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

yup the ones u mentioned just need their metadata.json edited to be device 101
Old 11/19/2012, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
yup the ones u mentioned just need their metadata.json edited to be device 101
How Do I do that?....
nc31002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc31002 View Post
How Do I do that?....
Install Internalz Pro (via Preware or WOSQI), navigate to your app's folder (inside /media/cryptofs/...), create a new file named "metadata.json" (use the app menu), and paste this into the file:
Code:
{"version":1,"devices":[101]}
Save, and run your game.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor

Last edited by GMMan; 11/19/2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11/19/2012, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

hmm isnt it metadata.json not manifest.json?

also its worth trying higher device id's and lowering down through the list till one works, for example on the pre3 i think the game Worms works perfectly well using device id 601 and looks much better than 101, a lot however will only work with 101.
Old 11/19/2012, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
hmm isnt it metadata.json not manifest.json?

also its worth trying higher device id's and lowering down through the list till one works, for example on the pre3 i think the game Worms works perfectly well using device id 601 and looks much better than 101, a lot however will only work with 101.
Whoops, you're right. A slip of the mind.

N.O.V.A. only works with 10x IDs. I remember trying other ones, but only the Pixi ID made the resolution funny, and the rest didn't work.
Old 12/02/2012, 07:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

What the heck is metadata.json ? does it do anything else useful?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0