webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Remove unused account in Messaging?
Remove unused account in Messaging?
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11/16/2012, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
I am using an HP Touchpad.
From the Apps menu, I tap on Messaging.
It shows my status as Offline.
If I tap on the down arrow to the right of Offline, it shows that I can tap on Available, Busy or Offline.
Below that is a list of Individual Accounts, 3 of which are old Skype accounts and one gmail account.

How do I remove all 4 of those?

I have already removed Skype from the Settings menu, Accounts, but for some reason, the user names for Skype are not removed from Messaging.

If I was on my computer, I would get into the Registry an search for, find, and delete them, but I don't know how to do this on the touchpad.

FYI, my husband has installed Preware, FileMgr & Internalz Pro under the Homebrew menu, so if you have any hints on using any of these to remove those 4 founds, please be very specific on how to use them.

Thanks in advance!
__________________
Robyn
rmhdrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
Well never mind. After letting my touchpad sit idle all day, I guess it reset itself?

I went to show my husband all of the "extra" accounts and they were no longer there!

It just pays to give it a few hours to update, I guess, before trying again.
__________________
Robyn
rmhdrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhdrucker View Post
If I was on my computer, I would get into the Registry an search for, find, and delete them
Sounds a bit overkill, no? webOS is usually snappy about dynamic content, though you probably needed to wait for the app to unload before it would refresh. For future reference, you can do a Luna restart to force things. But sometimes that ends up in a Luna restart loop.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Sounds a bit overkill, no? webOS is usually snappy about dynamic content, though you probably needed to wait for the app to unload before it would refresh. For future reference, you can do a Luna restart to force things. But sometimes that ends up in a Luna restart loop.
Not really, considering how many people tend to go to extraordinary lengths around here to patch, work from the command-line, and dual-boot Ubuntu just to get common functionality, their favorite app, or get the desired performance from their devices here. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black overall, and really no different than those that can traverse the Windows Registry with a bit of ease.

This is a bit like an off-the-street person getting a Touchpad, coming here with a bug or desired tweak, and everyone telling him or her to install Novacom and type in a bunch of commands on the commandline just to do something that'd otherwise be pretty basic on another platform. And, well, that happens here somewhat often. And many would also call that "overkill."

Last edited by dignitary; 11/18/2012 at 12:34 AM.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
Not really, considering how many people tend to go to extraordinary lengths around here to patch, work from the command-line, and dual-boot Ubuntu just to get common functionality, their favorite app, or get the desired performance from their devices here. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black overall, and really no different than those that can traverse the Windows Registry with a bit of ease.

This is a bit like an off-the-street person getting a Touchpad, coming here with a bug or desired tweak, and everyone telling him or her to install Novacom and type in a bunch of commands on the commandline just to do something that'd otherwise be pretty basic on another platform. And, well, that happens here somewhat often. And many would also call that "overkill."
Fair enough. Though I imagine using the command line is slightly less overkill than regediting. After all, knowing how to use the command line is an essential Linux skill. Though I can see the rebuttal, "but you don't need to do that with Android!"
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Fair enough. Though I imagine using the command line is slightly less overkill than regediting. After all, knowing how to use the command line is an essential Linux skill. Though I can see the rebuttal, "but you don't need to do that with Android!"
Oh, but if you want, you can totally do that with Android. And I do, just like I used to with webOS (after a 5-minute rooting of the Android device). It's just that on Android, nobody expects a layman to do it to make things work right.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0