webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Apps situation - we're doing it wrong!!
Apps situation - we're doing it wrong!!
Like Tree10Likes

Old 11/09/2012, 09:43 AM   #41 (permalink)

From what I see, the user base is dwindling fast. My two cents... What the ecosystem needs most is two things:

1. An up to date to the default WebKit browser, so existing webOS devices can make the most of online browser based applications and sites and extend the life of TouchPad.

2. Ensure Open webOS can be easily ported to Nexus (or whatever mainstream cheap tablet device) to increase the end user base and grow a following from the roots up.

I'm not a ******, but webOS is a great mobile operating system. Specifically multi tasking, and it's the best for making the most of the devices battery life. Compared to Android, it still feels much more polished. (I get a "Linux" vibe from using Android sometimes... it just doesn't look like everything belongs together).

I think HP really under estimated how good webOS was/is.
anthonybennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 11/09/2012, 05:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybennis View Post
From what I see, the user base is dwindling fast. My two cents... What the ecosystem needs most is two things:

1. An up to date to the default WebKit browser, so existing webOS devices can make the most of online browser based applications and sites and extend the life of TouchPad.

2. Ensure Open webOS can be easily ported to Nexus (or whatever mainstream cheap tablet device) to increase the end user base and grow a following from the roots up.

I'm not a ******, but webOS is a great mobile operating system. Specifically multi tasking, and it's the best for making the most of the devices battery life. Compared to Android, it still feels much more polished. (I get a "Linux" vibe from using Android sometimes... it just doesn't look like everything belongs together).

I think HP really under estimated how good webOS was/is.
I think 1 will never happen, because Palm forked WebKit and made many changes to support Luna, and that's all closed source code. As for 2, they are doing a pretty good job of supporting the developer community. How that translates into viability of the OS, is anybody's guess.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0