Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By kkalogia
  1.    #1  
    So i won a promo code a couple of months ago for this app:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...h-mich.mechref

Mechanical reference is for people that work in machine shops or that need these types of conversion. Since i don't have a US credit card i can't use the promo code and it would be a shame to let it go to waste. So whoever is interested please post here. After 20 people have posted i will have a lottery with your names and i will send the promo code to the winner. That is unless there is a better way to do this, i am open to suggestions.

Now i know we are all app-deprived and thirsty for anything new but please consider first the app itself, if you are not going to use let someone else win the code. And also i think it would be nice to leave a review in the app catalog for the developer. So the floor is yours i guess.

Edit: Forgot to mention the promo code is US only.
    Last edited by kkalogia; 10/25/2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Hi,

I suggest to you create an virtual card in Shop the USA - Shop America - International Delivery - Online USA Shopping - usunlocked.com .

This way, you gonna buy apps and use this code.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    You could also use the country changers linked in my signature.
    Rnp likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Now this is what i call a community. I offer to give sth for free and these people make suggestions so i can keep it . Thank you GMMan, this is actually a good tip and also thank you Rnp this type of credit card would come in useful not so much for this specific app but for giving me the ability to pay developers for their fine apps rather than using other routes.... Although i have to say at this point i am starting to get the feeling that webos development is a dead end, i only hope that i am proven wrong.

I would however like to know if anyone else has actually used this site for getting a virtual credit card and if it is compatible with the HP app catalog. In any case the promo code is still valid and i will be giving it away, so anyone interested in it please let me know here.

By the way GMman, you should check out the Homebre pivot thread, there are some people, including myself, that are having trouble with receiving the pivot magazine and are stuck in the "I know you are antsy" screen.

Cheers.
    Rnp likes this.
    I'm interested!

:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You could also use the country changers linked in my signature.
    Is not enough.

To use the promocodes, need some credit card registered.

You gonna pay nothing, but need the credit card.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Is not enough.

To use the promocodes, need some credit card registered.

You gonna pay nothing, but need the credit card.

Best Regards...
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. If the OP can get a hold of a Visa gift card, that could work. Just stick in a fake address. Of course, I don't know where he lives, so such a card may be difficult to get.
  8.    #8  
    Yeap i am from Greece so i do need a credit card. But as i mentioned just changing the country won't do in this case because the specific promo code is US only. I am wondering is there any way i can see what apps are registered in the Greek catalog?
    Is the country you live in not served by the app catalog? If it is, you could sent an email to Derek in reply to the email you got from him with the US-promo code, and ask for a new promo code valid in your country. Of course this method won´t work if your country is not one with app catalog service.
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
  10.    #10  
    Hunland thanx for the suggestion but i think Derek has better things to do. It really is ok, i have no problem giving the code away, i only want it to go somewhere where it will be used as much as possible, hence the lottery. Till now i only have one person interested, if number of users interested in free apps are getting to be this small webos is in more troble than i thought. Not that this will stop me from getting a pre 3, in fact this is what i am currently looking for on ebay.
    Machinist here...yes interested! Thanks