1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for an app for ebooks that allows to mark phrases in the text and to export these phrases on my computer. Strangely I found several time people refering to a Kindle App but I can't find any Kindle App in my Touchpad App catalogue.

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have the Kindle app on my TP. I think I installed it from the app store last year when I first got the TP. It's marked "beta", and I recall that a lot of people had issues trying to get it to link up with their Amazon account. But I only tested it with a few free books. I just too a quick look, and it allows you to highlight text and save the highlight mark with the book, but I can't see any ability to copy or export the highlighted text (nor any other ability to copy text from the book).

I also checked pReader, and it doesn't seem to have that ability either. Oddly it has an Edit text menu which supports Select and Copy - but only on the Settings pages, not on the reading page.
    I did a search on Kindle in the catalog and it came up. But I wonder if that's because I already have it? It should be there and it works though a little flaky sometimes.

If you want to check out PReader you should probably look at the Preware stuff because there is a rewritten version there that is newer and not available in the catalog. You'll also want to get the Kindle importer from Preware. You'll need that to side load books.

PReader does not allow marking. But I found that some books imported better in pReader than Kindle, preserving links and formats that sometimes were lost on the Kindle import.

Getting Calibre for your desktop is also good. Will help preparing the books for side loading.
    Last edited by Starbuckk; 10/13/2012 at 12:29 PM.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the answers!

Unfortunately I live in Europe and it's impossible to install Kindle. I've tried preader but as you've said it doesn't alow to mark text. I've seen in this forum advice how to install Kindle by using a different programm that sort of pretends I live in the US in order toinstall Kindle. But I didn't really get how it works. But when I've time I'll try to figure that out.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green hawai View Post
    Thanks for the answers!

Unfortunately I live in Europe and it's impossible to install Kindle. I've tried preader but as you've said it doesn't alow to mark text. I've seen in this forum advice how to install Kindle by using a different programm that sort of pretends I live in the US in order toinstall Kindle. But I didn't really get how it works. But when I've time I'll try to figure that out.
    Thanks!
    There's a link to the country changer patch for TouchPad in my signature. Have you tried that?
  6.    #6  
    Thanks a lot.
    GMMan I'll try your link and will let you know when I had the time to install ithe Kindle.
    Many thanks for your kind help!