Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By camaleon
  1.    #1  
    So, what I'm doing is looking at how to make the most of webOS in a car (cars are my thing). Having done a lot of looking around, I found the Car Dashboard from HP via Preware, I've subsequently looked for it via App Catalogue and can't find it at all (have gone through Impostah to check US and UK). Anyone know where this app disappeared to or have the ipk or something?
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    was this the hud up display app that mirrored all the text so you could reflect it off the windscreen? I think there was a PreCentral review of this app.
  3.    #3  
    No, it was the OBD-II reader app done by HP
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    I think you need to be in the US App Catalog to see it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I think you need to be in the US App Catalog to see it.
    I've got 2 accounts (one thru Impostah) and it checked the US catalogue bit didn't see the app
    i didnt know this existed.

Check out DigiOBD: OBD II Scan Tool: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=9003
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, I've had a look at that one, I'm very wary spending that sort of money on a app which is looking like it's receiving no dev support and has noted technical issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Yeah, I've had a look at that one, I'm very wary spending that sort of money on a app which is looking like it's receiving no dev support and has noted technical issues.
    I don't blame you. There seem to be 2 versions at different prices but neither are cheap.

I suspect you might get a better quality app on Android if you have dual boot.
    Interesting. I checked the appredirect link on my computer and it's not available. So I guess it was pulled for whatever reason.
    Garfonso likes this.