webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Neo -- Enyo 2 Twitter Client -- Now available!
Neo -- Enyo 2 Twitter Client -- Now available!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  • 1 Post By kataran
  • 1 Post By fxspec06

Old 10/05/2012, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Get it now for $2.99!!!

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...d=com.fxjm.neo

http://www.webosnation.com/app-review-neo

http://www.webosnation.com/app-preview-neo-webos

Last edited by fxspec06; 10/16/2012 at 09:40 PM.
fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, kataran, MudShark22 and 2 others like this.
Old 10/05/2012, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

already bought it at 630 am ;D I will let you know what I think when I get a chance to fire it up lol
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by fxspec06 likes this.
Thanked By: fxspec06
Old 10/05/2012, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

going to purchase it now
Liked by fxspec06 likes this.
Thanked By: fxspec06
Old 10/05/2012, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

homework ruling my life at the moment. i'll be ahead of schedule soon, though.. hopefully..

Old 10/05/2012, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Why does it require webOS 2.0.0 if it is only for TP???

Oh and I'll have to dig out my TP here and purchase in a lil
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2012, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Why does it require webOS 2.0.0 if it is only for TP???

Oh and I'll have to dig out my TP here and purchase in a lil
hmm, that's a very good question. i wonder why too

Old 10/05/2012, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cause it works also on webOS 2.x using app tuckerbox?! ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2012, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
hmm, that's a very good question. i wonder why too

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgel View Post
Cause it works also on webOS 2.x using app tuckerbox?! ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
hahaha
<- beta tester
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 10/05/2012, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm gonna have to try it on my pre too !!! Ha ha
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2012, 06:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Been lazy all day, gonna grab the beta from my e-mail and try it on the Pre3
Old 10/05/2012, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Played it for a while on my TP, and found it a bit unresponsive. I also saw missing images (for some reason I have the urge to call them textures), and a lot of the time the close button doesn't work. I can't seem to figure out how to send direct messages. And new item notifications appear and disappear without much reason.

I think the focus should be to build a clean, usable interface rather than a fully customizable one. Even with the customization it's only colors and sizes, and not layout.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2012, 06:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Tweeted with beta from my Pre3... not to bad on the Pre3.
Old 10/07/2012, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Tweeted with beta from my Pre3... not to bad on the Pre3.
you think it's too slow? how would you improve it

Old 10/07/2012, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Played it for a while on my TP, and found it a bit unresponsive. I also saw missing images (for some reason I have the urge to call them textures), and a lot of the time the close button doesn't work. I can't seem to figure out how to send direct messages. And new item notifications appear and disappear without much reason.

I think the focus should be to build a clean, usable interface rather than a fully customizable one. Even with the customization it's only colors and sizes, and not layout.
for some reason when i added the new icons it messed up the button taps. i can't figure it yet.

also the icons that are missing, are supposed to have images of a bug on there. but they don't. will be fixed..

to send direct messages, you have to be following the user and they have to be following you. then you'll see a message button at the bottom of their profile. hit that. (except that's broke now too.. added to the list)

Old 10/07/2012, 09:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

i really can't stress how much work went into getting this ready NOW.

some of you forget just how long ago enyo 2 came out of beta........ it was not long ago.

Old 10/07/2012, 11:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
to send direct messages, you have to be following the user and they have to be following you. then you'll see a message button at the bottom of their profile. hit that. (except that's broke now too.. added to the list)
I was confused with the big compose button in the messages view. I expected it to be context sensitive and allow me to write DMs than tweets when I'm looking at messages.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 10/07/2012, 11:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I was confused with the big compose button in the messages view. I expected it to be context sensitive and allow me to write DMs than tweets when I'm looking at messages.
You know, I might just add an option in the compose view to switch from DM to mention. It honestly never occurred to me (or any of beta testers for that matter) that this would be a problem. Good thinking!

Old 10/16/2012, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Thanks Ryan (wusaint) for your awesome Neo review!!! App Review: Neo | webOS Nation

You rock!

And for the rest of the forum members, you all rock as well! I'd be way less than I am now without you!

Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 11/20/2012, 07:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

I agree with the app review.

I would add that i can overlook a lot of things with a new app on a new framework, but I can't overlook basic UI design.

When I interact with a system, I expect some feedback from the system to let me know my input has been recognized. If I press an item in the Themes list, and there is a lag before it opens, I expect a spinner to show me my request has been recognized and the system is working on it.

I don't know whether this is an Enyo or an app flaw. If Enyo, then the devs there have some crucial work to do. The same statement is true for the app developer.

Also retweets either are not working in my environment, or pressing the big Retweet button isn't the way to make a retweet happen.

I will be interested to see the future of this app.

DS_Palm_Lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 10:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

I was playing around with Neo the other day, and it took me a while to realize it's basically Spaz with a new GUI. After that I was less than impressed. It feels to me that Spaz's code is a bit messy (I was trying to see if I can fix the search, but I just got in a circle finding the function call), but pretty functional. However, the new GUI is slow and sort of non-intuitive, and based on that I would rather stick with Spaz, since the only "new" feature I can tell that Neo has is customizable interface, which I'm not that hot with.
Thanked By: DS_Palm_Lvr

Tags
enyo 2, neo, twitter

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0