webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > app catalog not working
app catalog not working

Old 10/03/2012, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I just recently purchased a touchpad and I love it! I notice the software manager says I have several updates, so I update. One of them was the HP App Catalog. So I updated and now when it loads, I see the front page for about 2 seconds before it says, "The action could not be completed. Try again later." Any thoughts?

I also noticed that the help app doesn't load either. It just says, "Failed to load the requested page".

Last edited by AwesomePalmPre127; 10/03/2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added more info
AwesomePalmPre127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2012, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mine seems to be loading properly. It could be due to Pivot not loading, or otherwise network issues. Tap the error text. What's the error code?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2012, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Where should I tap?
Attached Images
File Type: png enyo-findapps_2012-03-10_204457.png (23.9 KB, 33 views) Email Attachment
Old 10/03/2012, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
Where should I tap?
The line that says "The action could not be completed."
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 10/03/2012, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

This seems to be the error. (Although I have no idea what it means)
Attached Images
File Type: png enyo-findapps_2012-03-10_220642.png (24.9 KB, 16 views) Email Attachment
Old 10/03/2012, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Let's look at the error codes:
APPCAT0015: Not sure
RESP0009: Exception thrown by the server
RESP0010: XHR Status is not 200
RESP0013: Response Status code was not OK
RESP0006: General server exception thrown
LOC03004: LOC03xxx: AppCatalogLauncher, exact meaning unknown

So, what I can take from that is the server did not like something your TouchPad sent and threw an exception (essentially an error). Maybe your account token is invalid or something. Did you recently change anything with your webOS Profile?

For reference: a list of errors can be obtained from under the App Catalog source, under main/source/utilities/errormessages.js. Too bad we don't have access to the detailed descriptions in their wiki.
Old 10/03/2012, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I understand that you can't use 1 profile across several devices, so the profile on my touchpad is brand-new, just activated today.
Old 10/03/2012, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

That's probably the cause. When I first activated my TP with a new Palm Profile (I also call it webOS Profile, the the official name is HP webOS Account), I couldn't access App Catalog for a day or so. You have to give time for HP to set up your account for App Catalog access. And I think you could have the TouchPad on your existing Palm Profile. Other people have done it, from what I can tell. Plus you'll get all your old purchased apps, which you can install using App Tuckerbox.
Thanked By: AwesomePalmPre127
Old 10/03/2012, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
That's probably the cause. When I first activated my TP with a new Palm Profile (I also call it webOS Profile, the the official name is HP webOS Account), I couldn't access App Catalog for a day or so. You have to give time for HP to set up your account for App Catalog access. And I think you could have the TouchPad on your existing Palm Profile. Other people have done it, from what I can tell. Plus you'll get all your old purchased apps, which you can install using App Tuckerbox.
Thanks for your responses, I'll wait a day or two and see if it clears up.
Old 10/05/2012, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for your responses, I'll wait a day or two and see if it clears up.
Congrats on your purchase of a TouchPad, don't know why buy a device that's completely out of date and with no more updates at this point in time...It's a nice tablet OS, just hope that you don't grow frustrated with that device in the next few days. best of luck

Gosh, every-time that I remember that no more updates for the TouchPad OS..Makes me angry Thanks incompetent people from HP
Old 10/05/2012, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand that you can't use 1 profile across several devices, so the profile on my touchpad is brand-new, just activated today.
FYI One can have several TouchPad(s) associated to a palm/hp profile (I have read here some one had 5, I only have one), and only one phone. So if you had two devices (Touchpad and Phone), they can be on the same profile (no need to purchase apps twice... The Touchpad will even take the info from the backup source from the phone and sync it (only first time touchpad join)... All my Phone apps also synced to the TouchPad... Kind of cool...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2012, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I still have no access to the app catalog, however I used apptuckerbox to get access to the palm-catalog feed, so for right now it works. (I'll probably continue looking into it as I cannot purchase apps, I can only download free ones)
Old 10/15/2012, 01:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I just recently purchased a touchpad and I love it! I notice the software manager says I have several updates, so I update. One of them was the HP App Catalog. So I updated and now when it loads, I see the front page for about 2 seconds before it says, "The action could not be completed. Try again later." Any thoughts?

I also noticed that the help app doesn't load either. It just says, "Failed to load the requested page".
I have had this problem for months and was hoping to find a solution in this thread. I thought about performing erase apps and data but just can't bother
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 10:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

i recently got this palm pre 2 ... it is unlocked some how... the palm profile says "Dr.skipped first use"
when i connect it to pc
1. no options come on phone
2. neither in pc i get any usb drive

App catalog also is nt working
what to do?
plz help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
The line that says "The action could not be completed."
teja pothapragada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 11:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

You need to use Impostah to sign in to or create a webOS Account. Follow the guide for installing Preware and pick Impostah in WOSQI or Preware.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0