Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jcho99
  • 1 Post By KC6UFO
  1.    #1  
    all week it.s stuck with blank white headlines. Curiously the day in photo,s all work.

I re-installed same result. Anyone?
    Me too.....same problem....
    me too! what's the deal?
    Same for me, I hope USA Today isn't discontinuing support for Web OS. I love this app.
    I'm having the same problem, too. Only pictures on top load. Seems like its no longer finding the links to the stories to download. Hope this is not the end of this great app working on webOS!
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    USA Today did a massive update to their web site (top to bottom) last week some time (announced). I believe that this results in our being unable to access their app correctly. I did look at their new web site via TP browser and it actually looks pretty good. I also thought their App was great on the TP but wouldn't be surprised if it's gone the way of Skynews and several others.
    Quote Originally Posted by marknyack View Post
    USA Today did a massive update to their web site (top to bottom) last week some time (announced). I believe that this results in our being unable to access their app correctly. I did look at their new web site via TP browser and it actually looks pretty good. I also thought their App was great on the TP but wouldn't be surprised if it's gone the way of Skynews and several others.
    I am having the same problems. I have no inside or technical knowledge of the issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if what you say is correct. I would bet that it has to do with their website rewrite. I hope HP "remembers" the Touchpad and gets it working again.
    My USA today app no longer updates the news stories, just the photos weather and sports scores. Is this universal, or just somrthing to do with me?
    <threads merged>
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Under the menu there is an option called "About". I sent ena email to support and here is the response.

Thank you for taking the time to write to USA TODAY.
    We greatly appreciate you notifying us about this issue. This is a known problem with the HP webOS app, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will correct the issue with an app update in the next few days.
    We appreciate your feedback and continued support.

Sincerely,
    Josh Egbert
    USA TODAY

Email: usatodaymobile@usatoday.com
    Twitter: @usatodaymobile
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    yep, I blogged about it on my site yesterday...got the same response from USA Today. On the other hand, they have removed webOS from their new "mobile apps" page. So, getting mixed messages....
    Looks like there is some hope for an update. I sent an email to the above address as well hoping to help nudge them in the right direction. Hope others do the same, I would hate to loose another app when we have so few.
    I sent them an email and received a stock reply to try uninstalling and reinstalling. For goofs I did that to no avail. So we'll just have to wait and see. We're pretty used to that.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I also received a reply indicating USA Today will be updating the app. Hope so.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We greatly appreciate you notifying us about this issue. This is a known problem with the HP webOS app, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will correct the issue with an app update in the next few days.

Sincerely,

Mack Bautista
    USA TODAY
    National Customer Service
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    I also received a reply indicating USA Today will be updating the app. Hope so.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

Mack Bautista
    USA TODAY
    National Customer Service
    USA Today update fixed it...
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Confirmed!
    Had to do a device restart to get the update to show, but they did fix it! Yayyyy (I see they changed their icon too)

<thread title updated>
    Glad they did the right thing and updated the app. To few new or updated apps lately
    Quote Originally Posted by JackVa1 View Post
    all week it.s stuck with blank white headlines. Curiously the day in photo,s all work.

I re-installed same result. Anyone?
    The USA Today App was updated last night. Please take the time to thank them on their email link in the App for doing this as the App is free.
    getsun likes this.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Agree. Email sent.