1.    #1  
    What is the difference between HP Touchpad Messenger app and Palm Pre Messenger App? Different login ports/protocols?

I have not been able to sign into yahoo messenger since last many days using palm pres' default messenger app. I can sign into google talk. Anybody experienced this issue? I can log into Yahoo messenger from the mobile.yahoo.com using the palm's web browser. Error I saw was that it could not connect to the server.

I CAN log into Yahoo Messenger via HP TouchPad Messenger App.

what is the yahoo messenger server address that the palm pre messenger app is using?

One of the forum members also reported same issue using palm pre2 messenger app.

I contacted Yahoo and is of no use. They keep sending emails with boiler plate answers from FAQs. Useless.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    What is the difference between HP Touchpad Messenger app and Palm Pre Messenger App? Different login ports/protocols?

I have not been able to sign into yahoo messenger since last many days using palm pres' default messenger app. I can sign into google talk. Anybody experienced this issue? I can log into Yahoo messenger from the mobile.yahoo.com using the palm's web browser. Error I saw was that it could not connect to the server.

I CAN log into Yahoo Messenger via HP TouchPad Messenger App.

what is the yahoo messenger server address that the palm pre messenger app is using?

One of the forum members also reported same issue using palm pre2 messenger app.

I contacted Yahoo and is of no use. They keep sending emails with boiler plate answers from FAQs. Useless.

Please help.

Thanks.
    I can't use yahoo messenger on my pre2 either, but can on my TP
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I can't use yahoo messenger on my pre2 either, but can on my TP
    Thanks for the feedback. Something is not right. It works (claimed by some forum members) on PrePlus, Pre3, but not on Pre, Pre2. Not sure what is going on. Wish more tech savvy folks can chime in what is going on. YM in the browser is horrible and WhatsApp is not supported. Hope we can get some help. Thanks
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the feedback. Something is not right. It works (claimed by some forum members) on PrePlus, Pre3, but not on Pre, Pre2. Not sure what is going on. Wish more tech savvy folks can chime in what is going on. YM in the browser is horrible and WhatsApp is not supported. Hope we can get some help. Thanks
    Can someone with Palm Pre confirm whether YM is working on their default messenger app? I want to confirm b4 i go and doctor the phone. Thanks
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Confirmed OK on my Pre3.
    Works on my 2.2.4 pre+ pre2 and pre3. I can check our pre- if that has yahoo...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Maybe you need a new Synergy connector or something. Doesn't Yahoo! use Jabber?
    Yahoo has their own. Maybe you could try disabling it for messaging, in accounts, close out the accounts setting, go back in and re-enable it? Also check your login settings?

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yahoo has their own. Maybe you could try disabling it for messaging, in accounts, close out the accounts setting, go back in and re-enable it? Also check your login settings?

Thanks All for the responses.

I didn't quite follow the last two posts wrt synergy connector. I removed my yahoo account from the messaging and try to add it again and it still doesn't work. It keeps saying cannot connect to the server. I tried it with 3 different yahoo accounts. Same results.

I went into the contacts and synced all the yahoo accounts again.

Damn frustrating.

Thanks again. Let me know if there is anything else i can try. I tried collecting logs while messaging app is running and trying to log into YM. The logfile is not ascii, so can't make any sense out of it.

I am still hoping someone with palm pre confirms that they can log into YM.

Thanks
    Which version of webos?

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Which version of webos?

12.    #12  
    webOS 1.4.5 with Uber Kernel.

Error Snapshot Attached
    Attached Images Attached Images